Hilarious and honest or boorish and bigoted? The enduring appeal of Jeremy Clarkson

Social Media

6 hours ago, Dolf said:

Top Gear - worst show ever to be successful.

I wasn't aware that Top Gear post Clarkson was successful. It certainly wasn't the same show and was dire.

The BBC apparently lost millions of viewers after they sacked him- self inflicted injury.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/16/bbc-top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-suspension

BBC loses 4m viewers after Jeremy Clarkson's suspension from Top Gear

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Must be millions and millions of bored bigots out there then. His show was very popular.

Many millions of bigots. Be at least 3 billion of them.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't aware that Top Gear post Clarkson was successful. It certainly wasn't the same show and was dire.

The BBC apparently lost millions of viewers after they sacked him- self inflicted injury.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/16/bbc-top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-suspension

BBC loses 4m viewers after Jeremy Clarkson's suspension from Top Gear

Bigots like other bigots. He went to Asia and called the people "slopes". He abused the crew. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

And that comment goes to show how well Jeremy has succeeded.

He got the sack and most people who worked with him hated him. He was only liked by racists and other bigots.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

He got the sack and most people who worked with him hated him. He was only liked by racists and other bigots.

Do you have links for that, or are you guessing because he is one up on you...?  :cowboy:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Dolf said:

And the best that you can offer up is a nearly 9 year old report from March 12th 2015?

Can you not find anything newer than that?

According tp the report, ' many Brits hate Clarkson', but the report fails to give any percentage that amounts to.

So please tell all us Clarkson non-haters how many Brits as a percentage actually "hate" Clarkson and if you find the link, please make sure it is less than a couple of years old, otherwise it will be as useless and meaningless as this link you gave.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And the best that you can offer up is a nearly 9 year old report from March 12th 2015?

Can you not find anything newer than that?

According tp the report, ' many Brits hate Clarkson', but the report fails to give any percentage that amounts to.

So please tell all us Clarkson non-haters how many Brits as a percentage actually "hate" Clarkson and if you find the link, please make sure it is less than a couple of years old, otherwise it will be as useless and meaningless as this link you gave.

So you are saying most Brits like watching racists on tv? Interesting theory you have.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dolf said:

So you are saying most Brits like watching racists on tv? Interesting theory you have.

Not only are you incredibly boring and repetitive you seem to have acquired the habit of putting YOUR words into other people mouths when they haven't said anything like that at. Just as you have done to me.

Just now, billd766 said:

Not only are you incredibly boring and repetitive you seem to have acquired the habit of putting YOUR words into other people mouths when they haven't said anything like that at. Just as you have done to me.

You support a known racist who also bullies women. That's how boring you are.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

But not racist like your favourite TV star.

There you go once again assuming that Clarkson is MY favourite TV star.

A stupid thing to say as you know nothing about me.

It is about par for your abysmal posting level though.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

There you go once again assuming that Clarkson is MY favourite TV star.

A stupid thing to say as you know nothing about me.

It is about par for your abysmal posting level though.

You admitted to liking him and watching his shows. 

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Go away you silly little boy and come back when you know what you are talking about.

Go watch the racist and his TV shows you silly little boy.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1