Thailand braces for intense heat with temperatures soaring

webfact

18 hours ago, John Drake said:

Got through several 43 degree days in Bangkok last year with some misery but no problems. Figure I can make through a few at 44. Limit aircon to use at night only, if possible. Acclimatization helps.

Excellent.

Now, how about 45 in 2025 and 46 in 2026?

No problem in Bangkok. My electricity bill was only 570b last month might be even less this month. Didnt even use the fan last night. Hardly use a/c over past 8-9 months.

Much cooler in BKK. F##k the coastal towns. Havent been to the beach in many years and im an aussie.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Thonburi-tales said:

No problem in Bangkok. My electricity bill was only 570b last month might be even less this month. Didnt even use the fan last night. Hardly use a/c over past 8-9 months.

Much cooler in BKK. F##k the coastal towns. Havent been to the beach in many years and im an aussie.

You seem to live in another Bangkok than me. 😁

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Red Forever said:

"The Scaremongers"?

Do you mean the 97% of independent scientists who attribute global warming and extreme weather events/disasters to man made carbon emissions?

Hardly anything "Natural" about that.

I say that it's a natural  phenomenon Because it's been happening over thousands /Million Years.

Sometimes it has been warming and cooling Faster than Other times. 

No one can say for sure who or what the course is thats why they call it an natural phenomenon.

You can believe what you like ,I say it IS you say it's Not.Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's still been unusually chilly in the mornings here in CM, much like winter.....the days, however are definitely summer-temps but with clear blue skies....the "smoke-season" has yet to show up. strange indeed, but very pleasant....so far.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/20/2024 at 5:08 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

Very nice in Hua Hin, nice breeze every day. Sea is very warm but not ridiculous. Take a nice little trip here folks

And do what sit in the room  or walk through the little mall or big c.  Far to hot to be on the beach in April.