Request for Translator

ME100

Pattaya seems to be a beautiful place, and a ideal location for me to meet and develop contacts with fellow English speakers, both expats and Thai locals.
BTW - I am searching for a native English-fluent Translator, also very adept at technology. Of course I would pay a fair hourly rate for their assistance. Any information you could provide would be most appreciated!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, ME100 said:

also very adept at technology

That's a huge field, can you narrow it down? Computer building? Internet? Phones? Computer programing?

16 hours ago, ME100 said:

Pattaya seems to be a beautiful place, and a ideal location for me to meet and develop contacts with fellow English speakers, both expats and Thai locals.
BTW - I am searching for a native English-fluent Translator, also very adept at technology. Of course I would pay a fair hourly rate for their assistance. Any information you could provide would be most appreciated!

Try chat GPT. Different levels available. Works perfect and with the right phone even simultaneously. And.... it's for free👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Use Google Translate. it will avoid you getting scammed or cheated or sharing your lifestyle with some stranger.

Actually Google translate is not that good, but it can be used to communicate in brief exchanges.  Even then you might have express what you wish to convey to the Thai person by changing some words (like using 'also' instead of 'too'. Just an example).  If you're looking to get documents translated you might look for a Thai student age 17-18 who's attending Regents International School in Pattaya. That person will have a strong knowledge of Thai, because of his/her family, and will have learned English at the International school.

• Confused 1

On 2/22/2024 at 8:17 PM, ME100 said:

Pattaya seems to be a beautiful place, and a ideal location for me to meet and develop contacts

You one of those dodgy Russian crypto guys.?

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Thank You for your responses.  To be honest I’m just starting to use social websites (and Apps) and I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to Technology, or what to say or not say!

To answer some questions briefly it’s not the language or the Argentine people (wonderful and most welcoming) – but my desire to live in a totally different culture from my very traditional European heritage, combined with a sense of challenge and adventure.

I apologize for stating in my initial message about no tourists or Englis-fluent only, etc.  I realize now I had a very ‘narrow-minded’ attitude that several responses helped me see Myself, and I am so appreciative.  Yes, I'm going to try and learn basic Thai - but I want a good combo Technology/Translator person in the meantime.  

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 10:48 PM, bbko said:

That's a huge field, can you narrow it down? Computer building? Internet? Phones? Computer programing?

Specifically, I want someone who can help me with phone Apps, computer and TV set up, assistance in navigating google on my laptop. Just general "end user" type assistance.  No building or programming, etc.  Thank You for your response! JD

On 2/23/2024 at 9:07 AM, AgMech Cowboy said:

Actually Google translate is not that good, but it can be used to communicate in brief exchanges.  Even then you might have express what you wish to convey to the Thai person by changing some words (like using 'also' instead of 'too'. Just an example).  If you're looking to get documents translated you might look for a Thai student age 17-18 who's attending Regents International School in Pattaya. That person will have a strong knowledge of Thai, because of his/her family, and will have learned English at the International school.

Thank you so much for your referral, I will certainly check this out. JD

On 2/23/2024 at 3:56 AM, BigStar said:

Not a good idea. Ask Google Translate to translate its translation back into English. 🙂 It doesn't really compare with a skilled human translator.

Maneerat on Soi Post Office had a translator working in the back, nice guy, got his translation certified by MFA. I dunno about his tech skills, however.

https://www.facebook.com/maneerat.fon.0818630320/?paipv=0&eav=AfaI45RRLJiysfULFKGLsbk7l5nyIm3nfOPqxmNNQf-PBp5HfISwhYQofJr1qmn0TIU&_rdr=

Thank you very much! I sent you a private message.

• Thumbs Up 1