Meet Revolut, the Financial Super App That Puts You in Control

Advertorial

revolut.jpeg

Tired of Your Bank Nickel-and-Diming You?Ķ
Meet Revolut, the Financial Super App That Puts You in Control

Imagine a world where your finances feel empowering, not frustrating. Where you can send money globally with lightning speed, dodge hidden fees, and even get your salary early when you need it. That world exists, and it's called Revolut.

Revolut Isn't Just a Bank, It's Your Financial Command Center

• Master Your Money: AI-powered budgeting tools show you exactly where your money goes, making saving a breeze. No more mystery charges or end-of-month panic.
  • Salary Superhero: Need a cash cushion? Early salary access lets you tap into your paycheck before the official payday, ending the cycle of late fees.
  • Global Citizen: Travel like a pro with instant currency exchange at the real rate (not the inflated ones banks use). Send and receive money worldwide with minimal fuss.
  • Your Financial Bodyguard: Revolut's cutting-edge fraud detection keeps your money safe, spotting suspicious activity before it turns into a problem.
  • Crypto Made Easy: Dip your toes into the world of cryptocurrency with beginner-friendly tools, clear explanations, and the ability to start small.

But Wait, There's More!

• Stay Now, Pay Later: Turn dream trips into reality with flexible, interest-free installments on flights and hotels.
  • Smarter Savings: Automated savings features and high-interest vaults help your money grow while you focus on living.
  • Rewards That Matter: Get cashback and tailored offers on things you actually buy, not pointless trinkets.

The Old Way of Banking is Dead. Join the Financial Revolution.

Revolut is the future of money – transparent, flexible, and designed to work FOR you. It's time to break free from the rigid, fee-laden world of traditional banks.

Ready to Take Control?   Sign up for Revolut Today and Discover Financial Freedom.

revolut2.webp

Revolut - Sign-up now!

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, BenStark said:

You mean as in, they can't handle the truth?

If they don't like the truth they should close the thread for comments

Happy for all comments if they are factual and on-topic. 

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

There was a thread not that long ago where a certain OCD poster insisted that Revolut accounts could not be opened from Thailand with no UK address - or possibly card accounts?

I have tried to check the Revolut site but without putting in some personal data cannot find any link to opening criteria/eligibility other than you should be over 18. If someone else can find it please post. It talks about asking for more information when you apply but does not say what........

https://www.revolut.com/legal/terms/        No. 4

When we have the information we need, we will open your account.

23 hours ago, george said:

Happy for all comments if they are factual and on-topic. 

So can you get confirmation for the above?

• Thumbs Up 1

You can certainly open a Revolut account with your home address in Farangland, and ask them to send your card to Thailand via DHL for a delivery fee, around 700 Baht) and use it here, and elsewhere.

I have applied and my card is on the way to Thailand, after asking all these questions with their support. 

Supported countries:

https://help.revolut.com/help/profile-and-plan/profile-plan/verifying-identity/what-countries-are-supported/

• Agree 1

The card has actually arrived with DHL but I’m traveling so haven’t opened the envelope yet.

I have an apartment and address in my home country which I had to supply when applying and that was perfectly okey.

Transparency: ASEANNOW get a small commission if you use the link in OP or the link below:

----

IMG_3336.jpeg

On 2/23/2024 at 4:47 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I closed my Revolut account years ago when I realised they were adding in fees for the weekend exchange rate, only in the very small print and a lot of searching could you find it

They offer best exchange rates Monday to Friday, but Saturday / Sunday is slightly lower rate. Clearly communicated!

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 4:47 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I closed my Revolut account years ago when I realised they were adding in fees for the weekend exchange rate, only in the very small print and a lot of searching could you find it

WISE do the same.

I assumed it was to hedge against currency swings over the weekend. Seems reasonable to me!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, george said:

I have an apartment and address in my home country which I had to supply when applying and that was perfectly okey.

Thanks for the link and according to that -

At the moment, we're only able to support legal residents

No definition I can find as to a "legal resident" but based on what you are saying they will take you as long as you have an address in your supported home country.........

Personally I have no issue but it may save people a lot of wasted effort if they were to make that fact clearer or easier to find. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, topt said:

No definition I can find as to a "legal resident" but based on what you are saying they will take you as long as you have an address in your supported home country.........

Maybe the same term as used with travel insurances?

A legal resident is someone who stays a minimum of 180 days in that country

It's probably worth noting that the Bank of England has very serious concerns about Revolut and hasn't issued it with a banking licence three years after its first applying.  (Approval normally takes less than a year.)  That alone should be reason enough to steer clear.  Some details of Revolut's failings at:

https://www.ft.com/content/6d2eef34-d414-49c7-8557-c43a3d9ab803

• Sad 1

On 2/24/2024 at 6:40 PM, george said:

ASEANNOW is a reseller of Wise as well, if you prefer them:

WISE Sign-up Link: https://wise.prf.hn/l/XZJEwqR

If you are doing a monthly transfer for Immigration purposes, then Wise is better as it can be coded as a Foreign Transfer if the correct box is ticked.

I have used both Wise & Revolut cards for shopping here with a THB balance.

On 2/24/2024 at 12:15 PM, topt said:

There was a thread not that long ago where a certain OCD poster insisted that Revolut accounts could not be opened from Thailand with no UK address - or possibly card accounts?

I have tried to check the Revolut site but without putting in some personal data cannot find any link to opening criteria/eligibility other than you should be over 18. If someone else can find it please post. It talks about asking for more information when you apply but does not say what........

https://www.revolut.com/legal/terms/        No. 4

So can you get confirmation for the above?

No idea to whom your OCD remark was referring but, until recently Revolut was not available from Thailand.   I opened my new Revolut account, from Thailand, a few days ago after their ad started appearing here.  Starting with a Thai phone number, I confirmed I am British and the process went on to ask only for a UK post code.  I haven't had any UK address for 30 years so inputted an old post code (that no longer shows any connection to me) and my new basic account with a virtual card was approved.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Sorry, I applied from your ad at the top of the page a few days ago.  Don't you get commission from those applications also?

Yes, we get a small commission.

There are three ways to advertise on this site: 

1. Via Google Ads and other Ad networks

2. Via our sales team: [email protected]

3. Commission / referral based affiliate programs, as in this case. Thanks for your order! It helps to pay the bills. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

It's probably worth noting that the Bank of England has very serious concerns about Revolut and hasn't issued it with a banking licence three years after its first applying.  (Approval normally takes less than a year.)  That alone should be reason enough to steer clear.  Some details of Revolut's failings at:

https://www.ft.com/content/6d2eef34-d414-49c7-8557-c43a3d9ab803

As of December 2023, Revolut is not a bank in the UK. It is an e-money institution that has been offering services in the UK since 2015. Revolut is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under electronic money regulations. However, it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

Source: Wikipedia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

It's probably worth noting that the Bank of England has very serious concerns about Revolut and hasn't issued it with a banking licence three years after its first applying.

Revolut is licenced as a bank elsewhere. The UK's not the be-all and end-all of everything.

• Agree 1

Presumably opening a Revolut account for some is to combat the impending risk of your U.K. bank account being closed.

Those who have opened a Revolut account have you had success receiving your U.K. state or company pension ??

I have just opened an account, as Lou did with a Thai telephone number, I used a U.K. address and received a virtual card.

I also transferred a minimal amount from my U.K. bank account, all very quick and easy.