Thai self-confidence index reveals gap between aspirations and appearance

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

They identified six key factors influencing self-confidence: attitude and mindset, social aspects, work and study, health, appearance (average score of 82%), and income.

Pretty much sums up the whole world... no surprises.

Almost every ad on YouTube is a beauty product, including "lorien'' beauty creams aimed at young men. So sad.

My 'step' son spends about an hour a day Appling crap it makes me wince. Luckily he don't live anywhere near us.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

While Thais across various generations show considerable confidence in their looks, the research reveals a surprising desire for further enhancement through beauty treatments.

The power of social media and advertising......I hope the girls in Middlesbrough are watching TikTok.

It isn't just Thailand it is the world over. Images on magazines tell them if you don't look like this you are ugly. What they don't tell them is that the magazine photos are edited to make the model look better than they are in real life. Additionally you have to remember women are far more critical of other women than men are, period.