Dep. Pol chief denies corruption, Myanmar: Beginning of the end - Tim Newton Today - Feb 23

webfact

image.jpeg

Thailand News - Surachate Hakparn, aka.Big Joke, Thailand's deputy police chief, is defending himself against allegations of corruption in a major online scam.

Myanmar: The ongoing human disaster unfolding, just over Thailand's longest border. Thousands of young Burmese trying to get out of the country, legally or otherwise, as the conscription laws take affect.

Another bus crash, this time in western Thailand, injuring 37 Malaysians.

And 'Swifties' are up in arms about the 'exclusive' deal for Taylor Swift concerts in Singapore. And the Thai PM is weighing in on the matter as well.

Tim Newton Today is a daily take on Thai and regional news and issues of interest to expats and foreign tourists.

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One can only hope the Burmese government goes down in flames the people take out the generals in a most brutal and nasty fashion and somehow their multi-billion dollar fortunes are recovered. 

Power to the Burmese people and their youth, may they prevail against their heinous army and administration. 

Need to do the same as Castro did get rid of them all so there is no chance of their coming back.

18 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

Need to do the same as Castro did get rid of them all so there is no chance of their coming back.

Yeah, the initial intentions were fine, and the operation was a success. But, once he got the reins of power, he became a money grubbing dictator for life. The number of people he jailed of killed for simple dissent was astonishing. And it was estimated he stole billions from the people. He was a monster. He totally failed the people. Do not blame the embargo. Cuba trades with the entire planet. The problem is they have barely anything to offer, their forests have been stripped bare, their land is infertile, due to stupid Marxist agrarian policies, etc. Want me to go on?

I spent alot of time in Cuba over the years, and heard firsthand stories. Doctors I spoke with made $40 a month. Engineers moonlighting as tour guides. Hospitals without alcohol or bandaids. Communism does not work. Castro was a plague on the land. When I would meet locals, they would nearly all say the same thing. Fidel was universally despised, and so was the regime. All of that was said in hushed tones, for fear of being discovered, and sent to one of his concentration camps, or marched before a firing squad. 

I would stop to chat with a local, and within minutes he would get picked up by the police. I would later find out he was held for days, under suspicion of offering either prostitution services or currency exchange. The government hated for the people to engage in exchange, as it gave them power and freedom. It was sickening. I stopped visiting, around 2008, as I got so disgusted with the government and the low quality of life the people had to endure under the despotic regime of the Castro brothers. They are absolute vermin, on every level. I was told by reputable sources that both brothers had fortunes into the billions of dollars, and many of the generals were worth billions. Total hypocrisy. Castro lost his ideals, and sight of the bigger picture within 30 days of assuming power. It was all about the money, and the power, and the totalitarian rule. It was not about the people.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/22/2024 at 9:38 PM, spidermike007 said:

One can only hope the Burmese government goes down in flames the people take out the generals in a most brutal and nasty fashion and somehow their multi-billion dollar fortunes are recovered. 

Power to the Burmese people and their youth, may they prevail against their heinous army and administration. 

As some factions have been attempting to do for decades, with little results to show - just perpetuates more hardships on the general populations. 

The greater feature to this scenario is that the overwhelming percentage [as a collective] of the population doesn't wish to be involved [directly/indirectly] in rebellious movements and seemingly, the only manner in which to overthrow these successive and manic Juntas would be by a majority movement of sorts. 

And then.....besides these passive actions, the opposing para-military revolutionary groups have never really unified for a common cause. Splintering causes don't come together as one. The crux. 

Overall, the regional and international political bodies - ASEAN and the UN - have shown little interest and display great indifference to the decades long Burmese oligarchy. Rhetorical and weak diplomatic language means nothing, all of which they've granted a green light for the generational Junta to continue on as they always have.

• Agree 1