Electric bill- something is not right.

Scouse123

Before selling, had a condo in Pattaya for 8 years. Never had to pay one Baht for electricity 😁! Why? I really don't know, and never asked, why should I? 😊 πŸ‘ 😘 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

Before selling, had a condo in Pattaya for 8 years. Never had to pay one Baht for electricity 😁! Why? I really don't know, and never asked, why should I? 😊 πŸ‘ 😘 

Β 

Β 

Why can't things like that happen to me?

Β 

If I jumped up in the air, I think I'd miss.

On 2/24/2024 at 7:46 AM, Scouse123 said:

Β 

It looks like I'll still have to pay it if the fault is the cable that connects our house to the main supply.

Β 

effin ridiculous......TiT

Β 

This place sometimes, does my head in.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

Haha, I bet the new owner probably curing you right now

24 minutes ago, Straight8 said:

Β 

effin ridiculous......TiT

Β 

This place sometimes, does my head in.

Β 

Β 

I agree, and because it is right at the top of the PEA pole, it's more chance than not due to works carried out wrongly by PEA engineers.

Β 

No way can members of the public get up there.

8 hours ago, cowellandrew said:

Scratching head wont help!

Β 

Β 

No, and that is why I was very proactive getting the meter reader back out to my house.

Β 

I then had the PEA cable installer visit, then my own in house electrician to re-wire everything only to find the fault was on the PEA pole.

Β 

The fault was 99% probably due to sloppy works carried out at the top of the pole by PEA engineers previously,

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Β 

Β 

No, and that is why I was very proactive getting the meter reader back out to my house.

Β 

I then had the PEA cable installer visit, then my own in house electrician to re-wire everything only to find the fault was on the PEA pole.

Β 

The fault was 99% probably due to sloppy works carried out at the top of the pole by PEA engineers previously,

when we built our new house the pea pole was placed outside our fenceline on the road side with the meter then the pea had to place a pole near our houseΒ  and set the power line to it as well, our electrician then wired everything from that pole, we had to pay the pea extra for them to do this as well as for the poles to our land. If your house is wired from the opposite side of the road to a pole near your house then it is more than likely the pea were the ones that ran the wires to it before the electricians ran wires to your house, in this case it should be a pea problem if they did wire to the pole in front of your house from the other side of the road, doesnt matter where the meter is as they are the ones that did the wiring that is leaking.