The prospect of a second Trump presidency has the intelligence community on edge

Social Media

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

Laura Ingraham? About as truthful as Tucker Carlson. You've really shown your colors. Unreal.

Nothing wrong with the Guardian. Way better than Faux News. :cheesy:

Your opinion which you are entitled to, same as mine.

I’ll believe Laura over Rachel Madcow or Keith Overbite any day.

My choice unless the left can manage to take that away.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

G_Money pretends to not know the difference between opinions, anecdotal crime reporting, political theater and actual proof based on statistically credible, verifiable data.  Or maybe he isn't pretending.

You sound like a skipping record, annoying!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

To paraphrase Bill Clinton, I guess it depends on what the meaning of 'threat to democracy' is'

Calling his goobers to DC for 6 January had absolutely no purpose except to try to stop the certification of the election, which means subvert democracy.

Holding the Mall rally and telling his goobers to 'fight like hell', march to the Capitol, and 'you'll never take your country back being weak' (all statements by trump in his Mall rally) had absolutely no purpose except to try to stop the certification of the election, which means subvert democracy

trump's participation in the fake elector scheme (as alleged by grand jury witnesses, in one of trump's many indictments)

had absolutely no purpose except to try to stop the certification of the election, which means subvert democracy

trump's recorded phone call to GA SecState Raffensperger, during which Raffensperger told trump the votes had been counted and recounted, and that trump lost, and during which trump told Raffensperger "just find me...11,780 votes" had absolutely no purpose except to try to stop the certification of the election, which means subvert democracy.

If you have any other plausible explanation, post it, but there is none. trump lost. He whined endlessly about being a loser, and still does. He made every effort possible to subvert US democracy.  Only the actions of Raffensperger, Pence, some FBI people who uncovered the fake elector scheme, and some election officials in States like AZ prevented the coup from succeeding.

trump's attempted coup exposed cracks in the system. Had the Dems not been in control of the House, the Speaker could have called for no certification, and then allowed an actual vote, 1 vote for each State based on the majority of their Reps, which at the time were Republican (i.e., more States had an R majority of Reps in the House, though the total number of Reps had the Dems with a majority). As bizarre as the Electoral College is in the modern world, there are worse remedies if there is a problem with the EC certification.

I would not count on the current clown who is Speaker to be fair when trump loses again this November.

You really enjoy writing long boring thesis that say a lot of nothing.

And you weren’t a desk jockey?  Hard to believe.

Can’t even get past the second paragraph without completely losing interest.

Too much peace pipe with the Taliban can damage brain cells.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

G_Money pretends to not know the difference between opinions, anecdotal crime reporting, political theater and actual proof based on statistically credible, verifiable data.  Or maybe he isn't pretending.

His postings remind me a lot of Bignok

• Like 1

7 hours ago, G_Money said:

Your opinion which you are entitled to, same as mine.

I’ll believe Laura over Rachel Madcow or Keith Overbite any day.

My choice unless the left can manage to take that away.

Why not ignore the talking bubble heads and read real news?

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, G_Money said:

You really enjoy writing long boring thesis that say a lot of nothing.

And you weren’t a desk jockey?  Hard to believe.

Can’t even get past the second paragraph without completely losing interest.

Too much peace pipe with the Taliban can damage brain cells.

Trolling

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, G_Money said:

You’re so confused!  That is the real news.

I'll be blunt:  You are either a troll or someone who is too dim to distinguish between real news and infotainment.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Walker88 said:

To paraphrase Bill Clinton, I guess it depends on what the meaning of 'threat to democracy' is'

Calling his goobers to DC for 6 January had absolutely no purpose except to try to stop the certification of the election, which means subvert democracy.

Holding the Mall rally and telling his goobers to 'fight like hell', march to the Capitol, and 'you'll never take your country back being weak' (all statements by trump in his Mall rally) had absolutely no purpose except to try to stop the certification of the election, which means subvert democracy

trump's participation in the fake elector scheme (as alleged by grand jury witnesses, in one of trump's many indictments)

had absolutely no purpose except to try to stop the certification of the election, which means subvert democracy

trump's recorded phone call to GA SecState Raffensperger, during which Raffensperger told trump the votes had been counted and recounted, and that trump lost, and during which trump told Raffensperger "just find me...11,780 votes" had absolutely no purpose except to try to stop the certification of the election, which means subvert democracy.

If you have any other plausible explanation, post it, but there is none. trump lost. He whined endlessly about being a loser, and still does. He made every effort possible to subvert US democracy.  Only the actions of Raffensperger, Pence, some FBI people who uncovered the fake elector scheme, and some election officials in States like AZ prevented the coup from succeeding.

trump's attempted coup exposed cracks in the system. Had the Dems not been in control of the House, the Speaker could have called for no certification, and then allowed an actual vote, 1 vote for each State based on the majority of their Reps, which at the time were Republican (i.e., more States had an R majority of Reps in the House, though the total number of Reps had the Dems with a majority). As bizarre as the Electoral College is in the modern world, there are worse remedies if there is a problem with the EC certification.

I would not count on the current clown who is Speaker to be fair when trump loses again this November.

What happens if you are wrong about what happens this November?

19 hours ago, Roo Island said:

BS. The left hasn't come up with something like "let's go Brandon ". Not to mention, in terms of class, Biden has Trump beat by a light year. Easy to hate Trump. More than 90 indictments and several convictions for fraud don't help.

No idea what "let's go Brandon" means so it can't be very insulting. I've never said that trump has class, whatever you mean by that, but I prefer him to Biden in every aspect. I can't think of a single thing that Biden has that makes him a suitable POTUS, and many that make him unsuitable. Trump wasn't suitable either, but he wasn't picked for being "suitable". He didn't get to bring the corrupt establishment down last time, but if he has another chance he might, so worth voting for, IMO.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No idea what "let's go Brandon" means so it can't be very insulting. I've never said that trump has class, whatever you mean by that, but I prefer him to Biden in every aspect. I can't think of a single thing that Biden has that makes him a suitable POTUS, and many that make him unsuitable. Trump wasn't suitable either, but he wasn't picked for being "suitable". He didn't get to bring the corrupt establishment down last time, but if he has another chance he might, so worth voting for, IMO.

Its code for F Joe Biden as if you didn't know.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

You are trying to use logic with a trump supporter. If he had any he would not be a trump supporter. you are wasting your breath/

best to make fun of them, which thy would also not get it, but at least others would have a laugh. 

You are so funny, really. I've often said I don't support Trump except that he's a less bad option that Biden ( or HRC ), so I'd vote for him on that basis. I said I'd vote for a rock over her.

I've even said ( I guess you missed it ) that I'd support Bernie over him ( shame that he got back stabbed by the swampy people ).

If the Dems put up a competent candidate that wasn't corrupt, and was able to unite the country, and had a decent foreign policy ( one that didn't involve giving lots and lots of bombs to kill children ), I'd be for them, boots and all.

It's a bit different now, given all the political shennanigans by the Dems and fellow travelers weaponising the ?justice? system to bring him down. I don't like crooks and bullies in the establishment, so I'd like to see Trump be able to take revenge on them by winning. So, I guess, in a way I am a Trump supporter, but not in the way you mean.

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

I'll be blunt:  You are either a troll or someone who is too dim to distinguish between real news and infotainment.

You’re equally confused, to be blunt!

Just because you don’t agree with Fox means no one else can?  You dictate what’s real and what isn’t.  You’re a joke.

As long as Fox is an acceptable form of news on this forum I will continue to reference them whether you or Roo like it or not.

What exactly are you going to do about that?  Nothing 

I can provide the handkerchief to soak up the tears.

Edited by G_Money
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, heybruce said:

Do you understand that none of the people you mention host news programs?

So?  They give commentary and their opinions.  Same same

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Its code for F Joe Biden as if you didn't know.

No I really didn't. I don't keep up with all the trendy sayings as there are so many of them. However, while I won't use it myself on this forum, I'll be muttering it every time I see that man mentioned.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No I really didn't. I don't keep up with all the trendy sayings as there are so many of them. However, while I won't use it myself on this forum, I'll be muttering it every time I see that man mentioned.

Dark Brandon sees you

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are so funny, really. I've often said I don't support Trump except that he's a less bad option that Biden ( or HRC ), so I'd vote for him on that basis. I said I'd vote for a rock over her.

I've even said ( I guess you missed it ) that I'd support Bernie over him ( shame that he got back stabbed by the swampy people ).

But that in itself  is a logical fallacy 

Toyou propose to cure the patient by killing him . Which is what would happen if trump became the norm. You will not get a better system, you will gat a different and infinitely worst system,

a system where when the term of a president is over he would not leave, he would simply try and find a way to subvert you ability as a citizen to vote him out.

I hope you see the dangers associated with that. 

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's a bit different now, given all the political shennanigans by the Dems and fellow travelers weaponising the ?justice? system to bring him down.

The democrats weaponizing the DOJ?

You seem to forget about the trump DOJ , first was  Jeff Sessions , do you remember him? 

Trump accused him of disloyalty because he resisted his attempts of weaponization of the department and he resigned . Loyalty to trump and not justice.

Sessions were replaced by acting AG Matthew G. Whitaker, He was acting AG for  months, when he would not play ball with trump, he was replaced by William Barr and we all remember how that went.

He also resigned. then we had Jeffrey Rosen as acting  acting AG , (a lot of acting LOL) and who can forget, the  Jeffrey Clark  debacle . Well you of course because you seem to have forgotten the rest of the soap opera "As the DJ turns !! a new episode every few months. :cheesy:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Walker88 said:

As a former case worker, were you assigned the task of predicting the outcome of presidential elections?