The prospect of a second Trump presidency has the intelligence community on edge

Social Media

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm guessing, but you don't know much German history after WW1.

Trump is on record as sayng that 'Hitler did some good things for Germany'.

That's true. Germany was a chaotic mess before he took over; he rescued the Germans from the repression of the French in the 1920s, and he made the trains run on time, apparently. He had many supporters in western countries before he decided to invade Poland ( so did Stalin, come to that ).

That isn't to say that I agree with what he did after sorting the country out, or his methods, just that he did some good things for the Germans.

That’s not what the history of Nazi Germany tell us.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/5/2024 at 2:51 AM, Lacessit said:

Whether he is right or wrong, who among those NATO nations are going to share intelligence with him? They may as well feed it straight to the Russians.

I've read some IMO weird stuff on this  forum, but ....................

For starters they don't "share it with Trump", they share it with American intelligence agencies.

NATO IS America, regardless of any pretense that Euro nation's toy military s would actually win against Russia without America. Other than France and the UK they all depend on America for the MAD shield.

America probably has the largest intelligence operation, so refusing to co operate with the US would only serve to cripple their own intelligence.

BTW, if anyone thinks the Americans ( and the Russians ) don't have access to Euro nations "intelligence" already, I have a few bridges for sale, real cheap and barely used.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I watched it live, so I don't need a biased doco by auntie to make up my mind.

Was there mob violence? Yes, there was some, but most were peacefully wandering about the building. They didn't even try to hide their identity.

Was there an insurrection attempt? Only in the minds of those that imagine a few unarmed men can overthrow the US government. They had no military support and no national movement waiting to arrest all government employees nationwide, ergo it would never succeed. Seems some believe any old propaganda given to them, and have zero idea what is required for a successful coup.

It was certainly dumb! A dumb attempt to "stop the steal". What did they want to stop?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm guessing, but you don't know much German history after WW1.

Trump is on record as sayng that 'Hitler did some good things for Germany'.

That's true. Germany was a chaotic mess before he took over; he rescued the Germans from the repression of the French in the 1920s, and he made the trains run on time, apparently. He had many supporters in western countries before he decided to invade Poland ( so did Stalin, come to that ).

That isn't to say that I agree with what he did after sorting the country out, or his methods, just that he did some good things for the Germans.

I am a student of Eastern and western European history, ancient and contempory, (coincidentally, as I was born and educated in western Europe).  When I got to your words ''that's true'' I stopped. No amount of 'whatevery' after Germany's WW 1 defeat justifies the evil that Hitler initiated. His book 'My Struggle' (1925) (some of the philosophy of which he later abandoned) imagined the eradication of the weak, the helpless, 'for the common good and for the strengthening of the ''superior race''. He described gassing them. It is hard to miss the blowback to your remark that 'the trains ran on time', considering their eventual use during the Holocast. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, paddypower said:

I am a student of Eastern and western European history, ancient and contempory, (coincidentally, as I was born and educated in western Europe).  When I got to your words ''that's true'' I stopped. No amount of 'whatevery' after Germany's WW 1 defeat justifies the evil that Hitler initiated. His book 'My Struggle' (1925) (some of the philosophy of which he later abandoned) imagined the eradication of the weak, the helpless, 'for the common good and for the strengthening of the ''superior race''. He described gassing them. It is hard to miss the blowback to your remark that 'the trains ran on time', considering their eventual use during the Holocast. 

You are deflecting.

I answered that Hitler did some good things for the German people after the disaster the French imposed on them.

If you can't differentiate between them and the terrible things the Nazis did, that is your problem.

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I watched it live, so I don't need a biased doco by auntie to make up my mind.

Was there mob violence? Yes, there was some, but most were peacefully wandering about the building. They didn't even try to hide their identity.

Was there an insurrection attempt? Only in the minds of those that imagine a few unarmed men can overthrow the US government. They had no military support and no national movement waiting to arrest all government employees nationwide, ergo it would never succeed. Seems some believe any old propaganda given to them, and have zero idea what is required for a successful coup.

The view you had on the day was selected for you by the editor running the camera crews, s/he decided which camera would be streamed and when.

Also missing from your already edited view of the events on the day, are the events l, discussions, and planning that lead up to the attack on the Capitol.

You don’t need to rely on any documentaries to fill that gap in your view; you can go straight to the evidence and sworn testimonies submitted before open courts of law and the convictions handed down by juries.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Sad isn't it. He posts so much hatred and pure garbage. Uneducated people live in a self created bubble and will never make sense. I just have him on ignore and I see just so many people crush him and react negatively to him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are deflecting.

I answered that Hitler did some good things for the German people after the disaster the French imposed on them.

If you can't differentiate between them and the terrible things the Nazis did, that is your problem.

What I would expect from a Putin fanboy and Hamas apologist.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 5:43 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Nobody that isn't Canadian cares about Canada. Cold country run by an IMO moron.

Anyone proposing a ridiculous law such as the Online Harms Act is definitely a moron.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...