The prospect of a second Trump presidency has the intelligence community on edge

Social Media

4 hours ago, Dolf said:

Why do they need intelligence? It's 2024 not the 1960s. America doesn't need more wars.

A Trump supporter actually posted "Why do they need intelligence?"  Priceless!

Yes, I do understand the context:  In a dangerous world with Russia seeking to expand it's empire, why does the west need intelligence?  In context it is even more ridiculous. 

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Absolutely not true. Unless you believe Trump's propaganda. He gets you to believe it for a reason. And it seems to be working based on some posts here. Total echo chamber.

What are you on about?  Trump has nothing to do with what is opinion and what is proven fact... get help with your TDS.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

What are you on about?  Trump has nothing to do with what is opinion and what is proven fact... get help with your TDS.

Amazing how much Donald Trump has influenced his supporters.  Even more amazing is how Donald Trump has inflamed his detractors to the point of driving them mad.  Look for more insanity now that SCOTUS, in a 9 to 0 decision, has overruled those states from removing him from the ballot.  Let the show begin.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You really are not paying attention. If you think Putin will stop at Ukraine after Trump betrays it, that is extremely naive.

It really baffles me. Just when I think you've hit the bottom of the barrel in terms of dumb posts, you manage to add a bit more depth.

Putin has 18% of Ukraine. You have Putin invading multiple countries. 

Who is the dumb one?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

It might come as a disappointment to you that few are going to care that the SC ruled to allow the whining little baby on the ballot. Let democracy do what it did in 2020---which made the bloated snowflake cry for going on 4 years: trump lost. Just keep reminding your messiah he's running against Biden, not Obama. His failure to remember his opponent, the former Speaker, and a host of other things makes Biden and the booming US economy look fantastic in comparison.

Not sure what donny has to fix in the US, but I have no doubt whatever problems the US faces, they're beyond his ability and way beyond whatever intellect he might still have, if he ever had any. The current economy is the best since the late 1990s under Clinton, the Chips Act and other bipartisan Biden measures are bringing manufacturing back to the US (but not donny's golden sneakers, which are made in China), infrastructure is having it's 2nd YEAR, vs the "week" which never arrived under trump, more Americans are working today that ever, and for aged guys like you even prescription drug prices are coming down. Add to that millions signed up for Obamacare in 2023, too, (that healthcare system that trump claimed he would replace with 'something unbelievable', which he failed to produce in 4 years). Oh, and stock market is at an all time high, so 401Ks are kicking butt.

The border, too, might be secured if Repubs stopped standing in the way of funding more Border Patrol agents and other measures worked out by the bipartisan Senate and Biden, but the Bloated One needs an issue, since he has absolutely nothing else, and his fawning goober sycophants goosestepped in line for him.

The endless "TDS" line is cute, but it could use a mirror, as the affliction is what his cult has, not trump's critics. Tell me, trumper, what are trump's actual policies, other than nicknames and hate and sending love letters to psychopathic autocrats and dictators? Oh, and running up $8,400,000,000,000 in new National Debt? Does donny even have a policy, other than maybe self-enrichment for him and allowing his family to influence peddle around the world? Yes, shut the border...then what? trump doesn't know how to run a business without fraud, nor a charity, nor even a marriage...what does he know about running a $30 trillion economy legally?

Another one of your posts rambling on and on about someone you evidently despise.  Wall Street has been hiring security pros like former CIA veterans to advise them on geopolitical matters.  Those afflicted with TDS are automatically disqualified.  Too bad, you could be making double or triple your former salary.  People like you are perfect examples of what I mentioned in my post.  

Show me where in any of my posts that I would consider Donald Trump as my messiah.  Another disqualification, poor reading comprehension and poor judgement.

Edited by Hawaiian
Additional comment.
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

It might come as a disappointment to you that few are going to care that the SC ruled to allow the whining little baby on the ballot. Let democracy do what it did in 2020---which made the bloated snowflake cry for going on 4 years: trump lost. Just keep reminding your messiah he's running against Biden, not Obama. His failure to remember his opponent, the former Speaker, and a host of other things makes Biden and the booming US economy look fantastic in comparison.

Not sure what donny has to fix in the US, but I have no doubt whatever problems the US faces, they're beyond his ability and way beyond whatever intellect he might still have, if he ever had any. The current economy is the best since the late 1990s under Clinton, the Chips Act and other bipartisan Biden measures are bringing manufacturing back to the US (but not donny's golden sneakers, which are made in China), infrastructure is having it's 2nd YEAR, vs the "week" which never arrived under trump, more Americans are working today that ever, and for aged guys like you even prescription drug prices are coming down. Add to that millions signed up for Obamacare in 2023, too, (that healthcare system that trump claimed he would replace with 'something unbelievable', which he failed to produce in 4 years). Oh, and stock market is at an all time high, so 401Ks are kicking butt.

The border, too, might be secured if Repubs stopped standing in the way of funding more Border Patrol agents and other measures worked out by the bipartisan Senate and Biden, but the Bloated One needs an issue, since he has absolutely nothing else, and his fawning goober sycophants goosestepped in line for him.

The endless "TDS" line is cute, but it could use a mirror, as the affliction is what his cult has, not trump's critics. Tell me, trumper, what are trump's actual policies, other than nicknames and hate and sending love letters to psychopathic autocrats and dictators? Oh, and running up $8,400,000,000,000 in new National Debt? Does donny even have a policy, other than maybe self-enrichment for him and allowing his family to influence peddle around the world? Yes, shut the border...then what? trump doesn't know how to run a business without fraud, nor a charity, nor even a marriage...what does he know about running a $30 trillion economy legally?

I forgot to thank you for proving my point.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

If One on the right is arguing about  immigration and make an assertion , and I provide data from an ultra conservative source such as   the CATO institute and  that disproves the argument, is that proof? 

And if such person on the right continues to make the same assertion after that, does that say something about such individual?  

I am very familiar with CATO Group... they are a libertarian political OPINION group so you saying that they are factual is the first mistake... just because they have a letterhead does not make them an absolute authority.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I am very familiar with CATO Group... they are a libertarian political OPINION group so you saying that they are factual is the first mistake... just because they have a letterhead does not make them an absolute authority.

Not to mention the sole purpose of the post was to deflect, change the subject, feign indignance and again avoid actually supporting their argument. 

20 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Agreed. Sadly, some believe the entertainment. Thus, one of the reasons for the political divide. And, misinformation.

I don't believe anything on media unless verified by an alternate source.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Do you ever post anything that doesn't consist mainly of insults? I haven't seen any that don't, though I doubt I saw all of them.

If you did post something that was devoid of hate speech, I might be prepared to read what you write, but I usually give up at the first hate filled rant.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some people apparently believe the fearmongering by the warmongers. Bit sad, IMO.

Russia has lost a lot of soldiers. They won't be able to invade multiple nations. 

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You really are not paying attention. If you think Putin will stop at Ukraine after Trump betrays it, that is extremely naive.

It really baffles me. Just when I think you've hit the bottom of the barrel in terms of dumb posts, you manage to add a bit more depth.

I was going to post a reply to that, but I don't think I have anything to say to someone that apparently thinks Putin has the resources to attack Europe ( with NATO nukes to annihilate an invader ) that would be accepted.

7 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Your WDS is leaking out. Try another attempt to real in reality, realize what is the truth

First of all, I am not a Trump fan.  The reality is Donald Trump, with all of his flaws (as called out by his distractors) has gathered an enormous following.  The truth is, his opposition feels so threatened by him they are using every trick in the book to prevent him from sitting in the White House again.

By the way, you act like a CIA operative wanna be.

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Russia has lost a lot of soldiers. They won't be able to invade multiple nations. 

Not just soldiers but also tanks, armoured vehicles, ships, planes. He just lost what might be the last AWAC he had, but some apparently think he has the capability to invade Europe. LOL.

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Europe's dependance on Russian energy may be an issue. 

Three days ago Bulgaria halted their importation of Russian oil.  Most of Europe has already done the same.

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not just soldiers but also tanks, armoured vehicles, ships, planes. He just lost what might be the last AWAC he had, but some apparently think he has the capability to invade Europe. LOL.

I agree with you.  Putin is attempting to scare the Europeans into stocking piling weapons for themselves thereby cutting supplies to Ukraine.  You don't have to be a CIA operative to figure that out.

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Your WDS is leaking out. Try another attempt to real in reality, realize what is the truth

The reality is that the Democrats are becoming desperate in their attempts to stop Donald Trump.  They have introduced a bill in Congress to kick him off the ballot.

The truth is that it will go no where.

44 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Three days ago Bulgaria halted their importation of Russian oil.  Most of Europe has already done the same.

I wonder if winter being over has anything to do with it. 

I guess Trump was right about that pipeline...

26 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

The reality is that the Democrats are becoming desperate in their attempts to stop Donald Trump.  They have introduced a bill in Congress to kick him off the ballot.

The truth is that it will go no where.

Yeah, they can get a special bill together to get Trump, but a special bill to fund Ukraine? Nope. 

On 2/27/2024 at 9:29 PM, Lacessit said:

It's a given no one will share intelligence with America if Trump gets back in. Not Australia, UK, Europe, Israel, Mexico - no one.

Back when he was in the WH they caught him with a tactic right out of John LeCarre (with the aid of Israel).  The word was passed to DT and was later caught by counter-intelligence monitoring Russia.  It was reported but no one seemed to care. 

• Confused 1

Russia is spending 7% of its GDP on defense, with no signs of letting up.  Europe's rearmament is still in the talking and planning stages, it will be years before it results in trained, equipped, adequately supplied combat brigades ready for deployment.  Russian Security Counsel Deputy Medvedev has made it clear that he thinks Ukraine and parts of Europe should be in Russia. https://www.yahoo.com/news/top-putin-aide-unveils-fantasy-173317006.html  A statement like that would not be released unless the Russian government wants it released.  The Russian government has demonstrated that it doesn't care how many Russian's die as it seeks to expand its empire.

And still there are some here who insist Russia is in no way a threat. 

Are they professional Russian trolls or just useful idiots?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Russia is spending 7% of its GDP on defense, with no signs of letting up.  Europe's rearmament is still in the talking and planning stages, it will be years before it results in trained, equipped, adequately supplied combat brigades ready for deployment.  Russian Security Counsel Deputy Medvedev has made it clear that he thinks Ukraine and parts of Europe should be in Russia. https://www.yahoo.com/news/top-putin-aide-unveils-fantasy-173317006.html  A statement like that would not be released unless the Russian government wants it released.  The Russian government has demonstrated that it doesn't care how many Russian's die as it seeks to expand its empire.

And still there are some here who insist Russia is in no way a threat. 

Are they professional Russian trolls or just useful idiots?

I think you are exaggerating when you claim: And still there are some here who insist Russia is in no way a threat. Russia is absolutely a threat a big threat. But does he have resources (without China and Iran) for a big move against NATO? I don't think so, do you?

And contrary to what the left would have us believe, I seen nothing to indicate the world would be worse off with regard to Russia under Trump then under Biden.