The prospect of a second Trump presidency has the intelligence community on edge

Social Media

17 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s not new evidence, it’s not even evidence.

It’s an unattributed claim.

This just in... try to stay up to date... you are so last year... 

"The Jan. 6 congressional committee allegedly falsely claimed it did not have evidence that showed former President Trump’s administration requested National Guard assistance, according to a report detailing a "hidden transcript" that was recently released.

"The former J6 Select Committee apparently withheld Mr. Ornato’s critical witness testimony from the American people because it contradicted their pre-determined narrative. Mr. Ornato’s testimony proves what Mr. Meadows has said all along: President Trump did in fact offer 10,000 National Guard troops to secure the U.S. Capitol, which was turned down," Georgia Republican Rep. Barry Loudermilk said in a statement on Friday.

Loudermilk released a transcript of former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Anthony Ornato’s interview with the congressional committee investigating Jan. 6 on Friday, following The Federalist’s Mollie Hemingway, also a Fox News contributor, reporting, "Former Rep. Liz Cheney’s January 6 Committee suppressed evidence" that the Trump administration pushed for 10,000 National Guard members to be on the streets.

Ornato’s interview was conducted in January 2022 and attended by Cheney, among other members on the committee. In addition to serving as deputy chief of staff under Trump, Ornato served in the Secret Service for decades."

3 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

"The Jan. 6 congressional committee allegedly falsely claimed it did not have evidence that showed former President Trump’s administration requested National Guard assistance, according to a report detailing a "hidden transcript" that was recently released.

"The former J6 Select Committee apparently withheld Mr. Ornato’s critical witness testimony from the American people because it contradicted their pre-determined narrative. Mr. Ornato’s testimony proves what Mr. Meadows has said all along: President Trump did in fact offer 10,000 National Guard troops to secure the U.S. Capitol, which was turned down," Georgia Republican Rep. Barry Loudermilk said in a statement on Friday.

Loudermilk released a transcript of former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Anthony Ornato’s interview with the congressional committee investigating Jan. 6 on Friday, following The Federalist’s Mollie Hemingway, also a Fox News contributor, reporting, "Former Rep. Liz Cheney’s January 6 Committee suppressed evidence" that the Trump administration pushed for 10,000 National Guard members to be on the streets.

Ornato’s interview was conducted in January 2022 and attended by Cheney, among other members on the committee. In addition to serving as deputy chief of staff under Trump, Ornato served in the Secret Service for decades."

So now it’s an attributed claim.

An attributed claim is not proof.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So now it’s an attributed claim.

An attributed claim is not proof.

Much like the witch hunt surrounding the January 6th resurrection so far... no proof just attributed claims... goes both ways until a verdict is in... and even then it's just an attributed verdict.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Much like the witch hunt surrounding the January 6th resurrection so far... no proof just attributed claims... goes both ways until a verdict is in... and even then it's just an attributed verdict.

But of an attempted whataboutary swerve on your part.

But nothing at all like the criminal prosecutions following J6 that have secured scores of convictions for crimes committed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh, the you make claims and others have to go searching on Google to prove them idiocy rises again.

Correction: Bennie Thompson vice Bernie Thompson.  I was unable to provide a workable link, hence the Google search.

The letter is to the Department of Homeland Security's General Counsel, Jonathan Meyers, from the chair of the Jan. 6th investigation committee, Bennie Thompson, in which he mentions, "We were very disappointed to learn that text messages on many Secret Service phones had been deleted in the weeks after January 6th."

This is not an idiotic claim.  It is an official record.  Unfortunately, you like to dismiss anything you disagree with.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian said:

Correction: Bennie Thompson vice Bernie Thompson.  I was unable to provide a workable link, hence the Google search.

The letter is to the Department of Homeland Security's General Counsel, Jonathan Meyers, from the chair of the Jan. 6th investigation committee, Bennie Thompson, in which he mentions, "We were very disappointed to learn that text messages on many Secret Service phones had been deleted in the weeks after January 6th."

This is not an idiotic claim.  It is an official record.  Unfortunately, you like to dismiss anything you disagree with.

Phone messages deleted is a fact.

What was in those phone messages is a mystery.

Claims of what was in those messages are unsubstantiated.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But nothing at all like the criminal prosecutions following J6 that have secured scores of convictions for crimes committed.

Links to "scores" of convictions please...  

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Links to "scores" of convictions please...  

No problem at all.

I rather enjoyed being reminded of these as I dug out the link for you, so thanks for asking:

https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-capitol-rioters-jailed-sentences-january-6-1826075

I should have perhaps said ‘hundreds’.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No problem at all.

I rather enjoyed being reminded of these as I dug out the link for you, so thanks for asking:

https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-capitol-rioters-jailed-sentences-january-6-1826075

I should have perhaps said ‘hundreds’.

Talk about a deflection... the topic being discussed was trump requesting national guard... not bad actors at a civil protest...  

37 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

5 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Talk about a deflection... the topic being discussed was trump requesting national guard... not bad actors at a civil protest...  <snip>

Perhaps then you should have not posted this bit of whataboutary, which I already called you out on:

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Phone messages deleted is a fact.

What was in those phone messages is a mystery.

Claims of what was in those messages are unsubstantiated.

I have no idea what was on those messages and would not even venture to guess.

And exactly what claims are you referring to? 

On 3/11/2024 at 4:02 PM, G_Money said:

Perhaps if you tell everyone that 30 more times in 3 days we might believe you.

Please describe the facts that make him a facist according to a credible dictionary 

No Wiki.

They can't, but it's good to point out that they are exhibiting signs of TDS.

1 hour ago, Hawaiian said:

I have no idea what was on those messages and would not even venture to guess.

And exactly what claims are you referring to? 

Right so we agree.

Deleted messages are only evidence of something having been deleted.

4 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Lol! MAGA fans did not even notice that this article confirms Trump was lying! 😆

This information from the testimony is not new and has not been hidden, we know since 2021 that Trump wanted the National Guard to protect the protest.

And as Trump, Loudermilk is shamelessly lying about it. It was not to protect the Capitol.

😆

From your Fox News source, quote from Ornano's testimony:

"I remember he had – he was on the phone with [Bowser], and we – I had walked in for something, and I was there, and he was on the phone with her and wanted to make sure she had everything that she needed. Because I think it was the concern of anti and pro groups clashing is what I recall. And not anywhere near the Capitol, this was just out on the mall area or at the event; and wanted to know if she needed any more guardsmen," Ornato responded, according to the transcript reviewed by Fox News Digital. 

In summary, from your Fox News source::

- Trump discussed the use of the National Guard to protect the protest, not the Capitol.

- Pelosi was not involved. (another popular MAGA lie)

- the testimony content was integrated in the report (That's why we already knew about it). There were also testimonies by other people, such as Milley.

Here's an example of what was made public from the Jan.6 committee hearings in 2021.

Trump wanted troops to protect his supporters at Jan. 6 rally

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/congresswoman-says-trump-administration-botched-capitol-riot-preparations-2021-05-12/

"Do whatever is necessary to protect demonstrators that were executing their constitutionally protected rights."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Right so we agree.

Deleted messages are only evidence of something having been deleted.

You still have not mentioned the claims you were referring to.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

You still have not mentioned the claims you were referring to.

Here, let me remind you of your own post:

22 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

I would say it is old evidence that has been resurrected because it's validity has been challenged.  Is it true text messages were scrubbed from SS agents' phones?  If so, were any rules or laws broken?

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here, let me remind you of your own post:

You were the one who mentioned unsubstantiated claims of what was on those deleted messages.

Go play your silly games with someone else.

On 3/4/2024 at 7:28 PM, Dolf said:

Circle of freeloaders. Trump is right.

yes indeed. to the rest of the world, especially here in Canada....he is an <deleted>

On 3/4/2024 at 9:16 PM, Dolf said:

Why do they need intelligence? It's 2024 not the 1960s. America doesn't need more wars.

you're certanly not going to find many signs of intelligent life in the GOP these days. The best the GOP can do as a response to the SOTU address by Biden.....https://www.foxnews.com/video/6348665612112

On 3/4/2024 at 7:09 PM, Dolf said:

No wars, steady economy. Biden is almost dead.

no wars? the 2 Bush's started the last couple of wars. a steady economy? yes, and.... and.... and.... OH! you forgot, Biden is POTUS for the past 3.5 years.   which village are you from, so that we can let them know that we have located their idiot. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, paddypower said:

no wars? the 2 Bush's started the last couple of wars. a steady economy? yes, and.... and.... and.... OH! you forgot, Biden is POTUS for the past 3.5 years.   which village are you from, so that we can let them know that we have located their idiot. 

I see you are having a bad day or a bad life

9 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Trump is on record as saying that 'Hitler did some good things for Germany'. I imagine most military families wouldnt appreciate that. he also ''loves'' Putin, Xi, Kim Jong Un. what a fun group of friends he has. if only he would shoot someone dead on 5th Avenue, NY, he would have even more of the GOP voting population eating out of the palm of his hand (and paying for his PERSONAL legal fees and civil penalties.)  That is not hate, that is just my opinion. 

Hitler did pre 1939

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, paddypower said:

Trump is on record as sayng that 'Hitler did some good things for Germany'. I imagine most military families wouldnt appreciate that. he also ''loves'' Putin, Xi, Kim Jong Un. what a fun group of friends he has. if nly he would. shoot someone dead on 5th Avenue, NY, he would have 75% off the Amerrican voting ppopulation eating out of the palm of his hand (and paying for his PERSONAL legal fees and civil penalties.)  That is not hate, that is just my opinion. 

I'm guessing, but you don't know much German history after WW1.

Trump is on record as sayng that 'Hitler did some good things for Germany'.

That's true. Germany was a chaotic mess before he took over; he rescued the Germans from the repression of the French in the 1920s, and he made the trains run on time, apparently. He had many supporters in western countries before he decided to invade Poland ( so did Stalin, come to that ).

That isn't to say that I agree with what he did after sorting the country out, or his methods, just that he did some good things for the Germans.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 6:30 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

thanks. I recommend every one who argues that this was not an insurrection/coup attempt and that there was no mob violence should watch the BBC on- site documentary described on Fox News here .:

• Love It 1