The economy is roaring. Immigration is a key reason.

23 minutes ago, placeholder said:

t the people who plant and harvest America's produce, tend America's dairies, and staff its meat processing plants. And as for fast food delivery, delivery service has become crucial to large segments of the American restaurant industry which contributes close to 1 trillion dollars to American GDP. A

Had sufficient supply during the time Trump pretty much shut down the border and NO vast welfare burden to support the undocumented Democratic Party voters. Now certainly our <deleted>libs do want cheap servants they can't afford now, so the immigrants form a new enslaved class to liberal slaveowners. The Democratic party was the part of slavery, so this fits in well historically. 🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Had sufficient supply during the time Trump pretty much shut down the border and NO vast welfare burden to support the undocumented Democratic Party voters. Now certainly our <deleted>libs do want cheap servants they can't afford now, so the immigrants form a new enslaved class to liberal slaveowners. The Democratic party was the part of slavery, so this fits in well historically. 🙂 

It's overwhelmingly Republicans who consistently oppose minimum wage increases and unionization.

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

a sound clip that lasts a few seconds is your idea of good evidence. It is to laugh.

Sufficient evidence that she said and believed the election was stolen from her, yes. You may google more for yourself, enough with the spoonfeeding. You're still dancing around and not admitting you believe her. 🙂

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

As for the rest, neither Clinton or Abrams claimed actual conspiratorial election fraud.

And you haven't admitted you agree with all the rest. But of course you do. You must.

Now, since you're really just a leftist troll not amenable to reason, and ignorant besides as you only read superficial propaganda, it's not worth attempting to discuss anything seriously with you. I know the type from years of experience. Having refuted the nonsense of your OP, I leave our opinionators to it. I have other things to do. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Sufficient evidence that she said and believed the election was stolen from her, yes. You may google more for yourself, enough with the spoonfeeding. You're still dancing around and not admitting you believe her. 🙂

And you haven't admitted you agree with all the rest. But of course you do.

Now, since you're really just a leftist troll not amenable to reason, and ignorant besides as you only read superficial propaganda, it's not worth attempting to discuss anything seriously with you. I know the type from years of experience. Having refuted the nonsense of your OP, I leave our opinionators to it. I have other things to do.

Always impressive when someone declares themself to be the victor.

25 minutes ago, placeholder said:

t's overwhelmingly Republicans who consistently oppose minimum wage increases

And you'd know why if you knew anything about economics. Reminds me of Ayn Rand's statement,

People are not embracing collectivism because they have accepted bad economics. They are accepting bad economics because they have embraced collectivism.

25 minutes ago, placeholder said:

and unionization.

Had a purpose, historically. Now the purpose is to serve as a voting block for the Democratic Party. Ironically, they're starting to turn to Trump. 🙂 

Edited by BigStar
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2024 at 7:16 AM, proton said:

In the UK immigrants have cost the country 36 billion, including foreign students since 2020, what's so different in the USA?

https://politiking.co.uk/2024/02/18/uk-spends-billions-jobless-migrants-foreign-students/

The US is better at assimilating immigrants than the UK, as the US had always been a nation of immigrants.

I remember a decade or so ago the UK Foreign Office held conferences with the State Department and other US agencies to try to figure out why the US is so much better at assimilating. I don't know what they discovered, nor if any changes were made in the UK.

Over the last two centuries, the US has benefited enormously from wave after wave of immigrants...the Jews, the Germans, the Irish, the Swedes, and later the Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Latin Americans and Moslems from the Middle East. Many companies were founded by immigrants, and today immigrants run some of the largest companies in the country. They become role models for people of similar background.

It works.

Some critics like to claim the US is endangered by certain immigrants, especially Moslems, but the numbers do not bear that out. Even during trump's time the Dept of Homeland Security produced a report noting that over 70% of all terrorist incidents in the US since 9-11 were carried out by white supremacists and Neo Nazis, which is to say trump supporters. During a Senate Hearing with officials from Homeland Security, Sen Kamala Harris read from the report directly to the #2 at Homeland, who was trying to justify trump and Steven Miller's Moslem Ban (except from Saudi Arabia, the nation that produced 15 of 19 9-11 hijackers, because trump hoped to do business there).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, G_Money said:

Of course illegal aliens are for Biden.

In exchange for the freebies, the Democrats increase their voter base and representation in congress.

But with the increased crime by many illegal aliens, something tells me they’re not all here to pick lettuce in the San Joaquin Valley.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/migrants-speak-fox-news-arizona-tent-camp-support-biden-trump

No doubt you have reams of data proving all the illegals who vote.

LOL.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Always impressive when someone declares themself to be the victor.

Actually, I've declared myself bored. Perhaps you know that quote, "Who breaks a butterfly upon a wheel?" I've given you your tummy rub for this thread.

Edited by BigStar
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Some critics like to claim the US is endangered by certain immigrants, especially Moslems, but the numbers do not bear that out. Even during trump's time the Dept of Homeland Security produced a report noting that over 70% of all terrorist incidents in the US since 9-11 were carried out by white supremacists and Neo Nazis, which is to say trump supporters. During a Senate Hearing with officials from Homeland Security, Sen Kamala Harris read from the report directly to the #2 at Homeland, who was trying to justify trump and Steven Miller's Moslem Ban (except from Saudi Arabia, the nation that produced 15 of 19 9-11 hijackers, because trump hoped to do business there).

So when people are stood in queues in airports waiting to get themselves and their baggage x rayed its actually  nothing to do with muzzers, and all down to the likes of "White Supremacists"  :cheesy: ,   Donald Trump, and any body with right of center views ( who are all referred to as "neo nazis these days)     Do you actually believe that ?  

4 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

LOL.

I’m sure you have all that information in your secret squirrel database.  Along with the dead people’s votes and the mail in ballots filled out in mass quantities.

The Democrats want no voter I.D policies for a reason.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

You appear to mis understand the simplest things when it suits you .  I claimed nothing in my earlier post. Even a child would have noticed the presence and implication of the question marks. I have no issues in owning up to  asking a question, which is exactly what I did ,  two questions to be precise.. Neither of which you have answered  So your first paragraph belongs in the bin

All those jobs you refer to in the second paragraph are perfectly suitable to be done by  the indigenous population, refusal should not be an option. There should be no unskilled immigrant working any job when unemployment is being claimed by somebody capable of doing it. 

Just because an activity is illegal, does not, and should not make it a career option for foreigners regardless of the laws of supply and demand. 

Sure you just asked questions based on a ridiculous assumption because....? No way it was a rhetorical question? Which is "a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer." Disingenuous much? You're not fooling anybody.

So how do you plan to get these alleged native born workers to do these jobs? And what happens to those industries while they're waiting for that to happen? More Pavlovian right wing nonsense from you.

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

One step at a time, pal. Don't get ahead of the process. First, pay 'em off, get 'em all nice & cozy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

Don’t be lazy.  It’s all over the news.  Of course probably not the news you want.

A sure indication that someone is spouting nonsense is when they refuse to provide any credible source for their nonsensical claims.

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

No, the gov't, local, city, state, Fed are paying billions now in welfare. Eric Adams even broached the idea of ending sanctuary status! WOT???

The point of all these undocumented Democratic voters is to ensure the dominance and power of The Party. Millions swelling the census rolls in Blue districts, meaning more representatives, a dependent class grateful to The Party, soon to be granted voting rights by The Party, and replacing all Republican majorities.

Your first sentence does not refute my post in any way.

Your second sentence begins with an obvious lie; no immigrant can vote unless they become US citizens.  Don't reply with a voter fraud claim unless you back it up with credible proof.

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

California will welcome the new year by becoming the first state to offer health insurance for all undocumented immigrants.

Starting Jan. 1, all undocumented immigrants, regardless of age, will qualify for Medi-Cal, California's version of the federal Medicaid program for people with low incomes.

Previously, undocumented immigrants were not qualified to receive comprehensive health insurance but were allowed to receive emergency and pregnancy-related services under Medi-Cal as long as they met eligibility requirements, including income limits and California residency in 2014.

Oh my god, a state is behaving in a humane manner instead of letting people die on the streets for lack of medical care.  What is becoming of this country?

Do you agree with Hillary that the 2016 election was stolen from her?

Complex Question fallacy. Unable to think logically of course. Common sense is just so hard to argue with, which is why Biden is losing, despite the vast resources of the State, media, tech, military-industrial complex propagandizing, censoring, and running interference.

I disagree that Hillary Clinton ever claimed that the 2016 election was stolen.  When did she call a mob to Washington and rev them up for an attack on the Capitol?

Do you agree with Hillary that the 2016 election was stolen from her?

Complex Question fallacy. Unable to think logically of course. Common sense is just so hard to argue with, which is why Biden is losing, despite the vast resources of the State, media, tech, military-industrial complex propagandizing, censoring, and running interference.

Good old Faux News.  Three years after the fact Hillary Clinton suggested that the playing field, between Russian interference and the FBI's rapid re-opening and closing of its investigation days before the election, cost her the election.  She's right.

However Hillary Clinton accepted the election results, never challenged them in court, and never called a mob to Washington that ransacked the Capitol

Trump supporters really can't distinguish between mountains and molehills.

33 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Oh my god, a state is behaving in a humane manner instead of letting people die on the streets for lack of medical care.  What is becoming of this country?

If I live fulltime back in CA my health insurance premium would be at a minimum of $800 per month with a $7000 deductible. As many know health insurance is mandatory in CA.  Where is the humanity? I have never been on unemployment, welfare, food stamps, paid back all student loans in full and always worked no matter what the job was. I arrived as a legal immigrant over 45 years ago.  I am not alone in feeling this way about what this Governor has done and continues to do.  The current California Budget deficit is estimated at $73 Billion. 

In terms of lifesaving emergent medical care in California no one is turned away from any hospital. To do so would be a violation of state law. "People" are not dying because of a lack of emergency medical care. If an ambulance is called life saying measures will be applied and the patient will be transported to the nearest hospital.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Sure you just asked questions based on a ridiculous assumption because....? No way it was a rhetorical question? Which is "a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer." Disingenuous much? You're not fooling anybody.

So how do you plan to get these alleged native born workers to do these jobs? And what happens to those industries while they're waiting for that to happen? More Pavlovian right wing nonsense from you.

Stert by stopping their benefits, and, while we wait for that to happen, people can collect their own fast food 

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

Stert by stopping their benefits, and, while we wait for that to happen, people can collect their own fast food 

Do people like you really not understand that there are millions of benefit claimants who have no intention of working, 

14 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

If I live fulltime back in CA my health insurance premium would be at a minimum of $800 per month with a $7000 deductible. As many know health insurance is mandatory in CA.  Where is the humanity? I have never been on unemployment, welfare, food stamps, paid back all student loans in full and always worked no matter what the job was. I arrived as a legal immigrant over 45 years ago.  I am not alone in feeling this way about what this Governor has done and continues to do.  The current California Budget deficit is estimated at $73 Billion. 

In terms of lifesaving emergent medical care in California no one is turned away from any hospital. To do so would be a violation of state law. "People" are not dying because of a lack of emergency medical care. If an ambulance is called life saying measures will be applied and the patient will be transported to the nearest hospital.  

Are you claiming that no one ever died in California from untreated infectious diseases carried by the uninsured or by neglecting a medical condition until it was an emergency?  Wow, that's impressive.

"Honey, the baby has a fever and a cough."

"Wait until he's coughing up blood, then we can go to the emergency room."

20 hours ago, G_Money said:

“Economy is roaring “  “Immigration is a key reason “

The Democrats prefer illegal aliens over their own citizens.  We already know the motives.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/denver-cutting-some-city-employees-hours-down-zero-support-migrants-insist-these-arent-layoffs

Is that the same foxnews that had to pay $800,000,000 for lying about a voting machine company?  You won't find CNN, MSNBC paying that kind of judgment... can you figure out why?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Sure you just asked questions based on a ridiculous assumption because....? No way it was a rhetorical question? Which is "a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer."

no  it was a straight forward question   wriggle as much as you want , I didn't think you would attempt to answer.  

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Do people like you really not understand that there are millions of benefit claimants who have no intention of working, 

How many are undocumented immigrants?  Provide links to credible sources.

25 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Are you claiming that no one ever died in California from untreated infectious diseases carried by the uninsured or by neglecting a medical condition until it was an emergency?  Wow, that's impressive.

"Honey, the baby has a fever and a cough."

"Wait until he's coughing up blood, then we can go to the emergency room."

No.  People die in CA everyday, every hour for many reasons.  You said "dying in the streets". I lived for years in CA as someone who neglected medical issues even though I had health insurance because I had a $6500 deductible. So where is my free medical care Gov Newsom??  

Edited by sqwakvfr

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, while it's touching in a way for you to confess to your own mental incapacity, I don't know why you're sharing it with us here. Are you looking for some kind of remediation?

Then refute my point. If GDP growth is desirable in and of itself then explain why mass importing the 3rd world isn't a good idea. India has a GDP of 3 trillion which could be absorbed in to the US. That's a big number and big numbers are good right?