The economy is roaring. Immigration is a key reason.

10 hours ago, heybruce said:

No.

Is that easy enough for you?

You made the claim, you provide the links to credible sources that support it.

Forum rules and all that.

Do you understand?

IThe method for calculating why hispanics and blacks are tax negative are in the links. If you want see what those immigrants are costing Nederlands you can find tons of articles on those studies. I'm not trying to change your mind I'm just giving you information in case you actually care what's happening but you need to research it yourself.

10 hours ago, heybruce said:

Also, "peasant class"?  Where did that come from?  Do you want to try to match me on blue collar redneck cred?

You obviously never bother to research anything about immigration in the US. First of all most immigrants are just peoples family. Not even young people jus their families.

image.png.4ffcf91a7870cc5ac1e448e9a5d0f738.png

Hispanics start out at the bottom and stay there. We have decades of data on this.

image.png.ad34f626d37cf7e2efc392e86299f52a.png

Hispanics ARE the new peasant class in America. They are ~15% but dominate low wage labor. They will not get educated out of this. This is on top of the white underclass. 100% imported poverty. 

image.thumb.png.296ea25383b648516b094a05c667895a.png

7 hours ago, G_Money said:

I don't get my news by watching politically staged videos. 

Do you ever read news?  Plain, boring, state the facts news?  Not opinion pieces, not pundits ranting, not political theater, but real news?  Can you provide any links to those kind of sources?  The kind you don't find in an echo chamber.

I suspect not.

5 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

You don't understand that not all people are equal. You're replacing the American population with 3rd world peasants. We're not getting the best and brightest, just sucking up the world's poor and their extended families (every student or work visa holder can bring their aging family too remember).

Even with the best and brightest you're treating your country like an economic zone. You of course wouldn't propose this for Thailand because you understand their culture is valuable and not worth ruining over some short term economic growth.

What you're proposing is a ponzy scheme which when it collapses leaves you with the same demographics are Brazil. If you want immigration make ethnic quotas and actually set the bar high, the opposite of what the US does now.

Now that's racism.  Thanks for the illustrative example.

BTW:  I think Thailand should be much more open immigration from it's neighbors.  I don't see culture as something to be kept frozen in place, it is a constantly evolving phenomena.

3 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

You obviously never bother to research anything about immigration in the US. First of all most immigrants are just peoples family. Not even young people jus their families.

image.png.4ffcf91a7870cc5ac1e448e9a5d0f738.png

Hispanics start out at the bottom and stay there. We have decades of data on this.

image.png.ad34f626d37cf7e2efc392e86299f52a.png

Hispanics ARE the new peasant class in America. They are ~15% but dominate low wage labor. They will not get educated out of this. This is on top of the white underclass. 100% imported poverty. 

image.thumb.png.296ea25383b648516b094a05c667895a.png

So what's your point? 

Is chain migration a bad thing?  Why?

Is starting with semi-skilled jobs that are available a bad thing?  Why?

38 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Now that's racism.  Thanks for the illustrative example.

BTW:  I think Thailand should be much more open immigration from it's neighbors.  I don't see culture as something to be kept frozen in place, it is a constantly evolving phenomena.

You just don’t get it do you.  It’s not racism, it’s a fact.

Just like when Trump said “There not sending their brightest “.   True, they’re not.

Everyone won’t come in first place.  Everyone won’t get a trophy.  Snowflakes have an extremely hard time with that concept.

Edited by G_Money

52 minutes ago, G_Money said:

You just don’t get it do you.  It’s not racism, it’s a fact.

Just like when Trump said “There not sending their brightest “.   True, they’re not.

Everyone won’t come in first place.  Everyone won’t get a trophy.  Snowflakes have an extremely hard time with that concept.

Right, nothing but bottom of the barrel "peasants":  https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2022/07/26/most-us-billion-dollar-startups-have-an-immigrant-founder/

The majority of economic migrants are working age people with a wide variety of skills that know that they can profitably employ these skills in the US.  This is good for the immigrants and good for the US. 

BTW:  The above is an example of a "news source".  Not an opinion piece, not a link to a video of a pundit ranting or staged political theater, but an actual news source.  The kind of source that provides credible information.

Edited by heybruce

46 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Right, nothing but bottom of the barrel "peasants":  https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2022/07/26/most-us-billion-dollar-startups-have-an-immigrant-founder/

The majority of economic migrants are working age people with a wide variety of skills that know that they can profitably employ these skills in the US.  This is good for the immigrants and good for the US. 

BTW:  The above is an example of a "news source".  Not an opinion piece, not a link to a video of a pundit ranting or staged political theater, but an actual news source.  The kind of source that provides credible information.

These migrants will greatly contribute to the US;  This is a clip from a documentary rom Al Jazeera not Fox News:  

Edited by sqwakvfr

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

First , get your facts straight.  If they cross the border illegally they’re illegal aliens.  Not the libertard, woke, pc correct warm and fuzzy feeling “economic migrants “

Most are unskilled and are winding up in major cities for free benefits granted to them by the commander in chief Biden.  Many are committing heinous crimes.

I posted many links confirming this.  Can’t fake murders or attacks on police or residential status in hotels all while homeless citizens get pushed to the side.

Not to mention Veterans funding being allocated for the freeloaders.

Democrats need new voters.  This is their only hope.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6347970610112

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-declares-border-war-zone-dings-newsom-terrible-job-migrant-epicenter-shifts

Edited by G_Money

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Did you? Also, when did you become a moderator?

Well, the title of the topic is "The economy is roaring. Immigration is a key reason."

When you posted "It also not the forum to express the benefits of illegal immigration as well. " I thought that you might be confused.  I still think that.

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

These migrants will greatly contribute to the US;  This is a clip from a documentary rom Al Jazeera not Fox News:  

If allowed to remain they probably will.  What's your point?

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

I have.  Read the links.  Get with the program.

You'll have to refresh my memory.  Are you referring to the links to the Fox opinion pieces, the political theater, or the organization with ties to hate groups?

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

First , get your facts straight.  If they cross the border illegally they’re illegal aliens.  Not the libertard, woke, pc correct warm and fuzzy feeling “economic migrants “

Most are unskilled and are winding up in major cities for free benefits granted to them by the commander in chief Biden.  Many are committing heinous crimes.

I posted many links confirming this.  Can’t fake murders or attacks on police or residential status in hotels all while homeless citizens get pushed to the side.

Not to mention Veterans funding being allocated for the freeloaders.

Democrats need new voters.  This is their only hope.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6347970610112

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-declares-border-war-zone-dings-newsom-terrible-job-migrant-epicenter-shifts

Get your facts straight.  The topic is about all forms of immigration.

Yes, I assume the CEO's came to the country legally.  They're not the sort to work illegally on a tourist visa as a nude model, like Melania Trump did.  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-wife-worked-illegally-during-her-first-weeks-in-the-us-documents-show

My argument throughout has been that we need to greatly expand legal immigration.  It's good for the economy and the immigrants.  And it is unrealistic to expect people to stop illegally coming to work in the US so long as there are jobs available and employers to hire them, usually with no fear of consequences to the employer.

Until legal immigration is reformed and greatly expanded illegal immigration will remain.

You posted anecdotal evidence, which proves nothing.  I can post anecdotal evidence that shows buying lottery tickets will make you rich.  Are you going to invest your life savings in lottery tickets?

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

So what's your point? 

Is chain migration a bad thing?  Why?

Is starting with semi-skilled jobs that are available a bad thing?  Why?

This all depends on the people. I never said I'm anti-European immigration, just anti 3rd world immigration. Bringing your 70 year old dad to some country with free healthcare is going to be a burden obviously. This does in fact happen and can start by simple things like admitting a student. There are endless resources online that go into chain migration and profile of these people.

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

The amount of India CEO's and politicians  is alarming to me and I'm not sure what's happening there. My boss is in fact Indian (good guy) and I appreciate that but these people need to not be in their own countries. This brain drain of upper class Indians in to the West is worse for India then it is for us.

Besides that this is obviously a misdirection. If immigration was compromised of the upper class from India and was minimal none of this would be an issue. The problem is twofold, 1 the sheet numbers and 2 the quality of the people. 

Btw, how are living in Thailand and not seeing the problem with this kind of immigration? What do think would happen to Thailand if they allowed massive immigration every year and allowed to them to compete with the Thai's and change the fabric of the society? You wouldn't approve of that would you? American went from being a 90% white country in 1960 (the founding stock which had well settled the country) to nearly 50% today. This is a replacement of the population and radical transformation. No sane country that cared about its people would ever allow this.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, heybruce said:

My argument throughout has been that we need to greatly expand legal immigration.  It's good for the economy and the immigrants.  And it is unrealistic to expect people to stop illegally coming to work in the US so long as there are jobs available and employers to hire them, usually with no fear of consequences to the employer.

you're shilling so hard for government and corporations but do ever stop to think about the people being affected? all of these magic economic units you're importing go and live in established communities and impact them. When they push back you call them far-right, racists etc...

No one wants this except for out of touch wealthy white liberals, big business  and governments. The left has lost their minds on this. It was not many years ago even Bernie Sanders correctly understood illegal immigration to be a Koch brothers scheme.

40 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

This all depends on the people. I never said I'm anti-European immigration, just anti 3rd world immigration. Bringing your 70 year old dad to some country with free healthcare is going to be a burden obviously. This does in fact happen and can start by simple things like admitting a student. There are endless resources online that go into chain migration and profile of these people.

33 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

The amount of India CEO's and politicians  is alarming to me and I'm not sure what's happening there. My boss is in fact Indian (good guy) and I appreciate that but these people need to not be in their own countries. This brain drain of upper class Indians in to the West is worse for India then it is for us.

Besides that this is obviously a misdirection. If immigration was compromised of the upper class from India and was minimal none of this would be an issue. The problem is twofold, 1 the sheet numbers and 2 the quality of the people. 

Btw, how are living in Thailand and not seeing the problem with this kind of immigration? What do think would happen to Thailand if they allowed massive immigration every year and allowed to them to compete with the Thai's and change the fabric of the society? You wouldn't approve of that would you? American went from being a 90% white country in 1960 (the founding stock which had well settled the country) to nearly 50% today. This is a replacement of the population and radical transformation. No sane country that cared about its people would ever allow this.

27 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

you're shilling so hard for government and corporations but do ever stop to think about the people being affected? all of these magic economic units you're importing go and live in established communities and impact them. When they push back you call them far-right, racists etc...

No one wants this except for out of touch wealthy white liberals, big business  and governments. The left has lost their minds on this. It was not many years ago even Bernie Sanders correctly understood illegal immigration to be a Koch brothers scheme.

Why don't you just post that you are obsessed with keeping America white and don't want brown skinnned immigrants?

Thailand without its immigrant work force, both legal and otherwise, would be a much poorer country and the Thai people know that.  Too bad Americans can't see it.

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

If allowed to remain they probably will.  What's your point?

It is out of control and how is  out of control migration and/or  immigration in any way beneficial to any country? 

15 hours ago, heybruce said:

Get your facts straight.  The topic is about all forms of immigration.

Yes, I assume the CEO's came to the country legally.  They're not the sort to work illegally on a tourist visa as a nude model, like Melania Trump did.  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-wife-worked-illegally-during-her-first-weeks-in-the-us-documents-show

Until legal immigration is reformed and greatly expanded illegal immigration will remain.

You posted anecdotal evidence, which proves nothing.  I can post anecdotal evidence that shows buying lottery tickets will make you rich.  Are you going to invest your life savings in lottery tickets?

“It's good for the economy and the immigrants. “

This skilled worker was really good for the economy.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/defense-attorney-slams-florida-sheriff-after-charges-dismissed-for-illegal-migrant-accused-deputy-death

15 minutes ago, G_Money said:

“It's good for the economy and the immigrants. “

This skilled worker was really good for the economy.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/defense-attorney-slams-florida-sheriff-after-charges-dismissed-for-illegal-migrant-accused-deputy-death

More cherry picking. And this time about a dubious police arrest. Did you read the part about the manslaughter charge being dismissed?And what does this have to do with the economic  benefit that migrants bring to the economy? You think harvesting crops, building and repairing homes, maintenance work tending to dairy cattle, delivering food, or working in a meat processing plant require graduate degrees?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

More cherry picking. And this time about a dubious police arrest. Did you read the part about the manslaughter charge being dismissed?And what does this have to do with the economic  benefit that migrants bring to the economy? You think harvesting crops, building and repairing homes, maintenance work tending to dairy cattle, delivering food, or working in a meat processing plant require graduate degrees?

Leave it up to Joe.  Piece of work isn’t he?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-admin-shredded-politicians-referring-illegal-immigrants-newcomers-serious-people

9 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

It is out of control and how is  out of control migration and/or  immigration in any way beneficial to any country? 

Legal immigration is not out of control, other than being insufficient to meet demand. 

Illegal immigration is a problem, one which could be helped by the kind of bipartisan border control bill passed by the Senate with support from the Border Patrol union.  The on that was shot down by Trump controlled Republicans.

Republicans want lots of trouble on the southern border and will not allow anything to be done to fix it.