The economy is roaring. Immigration is a key reason.

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

“It's good for the economy and the immigrants. “

This skilled worker was really good for the economy.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/defense-attorney-slams-florida-sheriff-after-charges-dismissed-for-illegal-migrant-accused-deputy-death

Another anecdote.

The US military has about 2 million active duty members, and at any given time some of them are in trouble with the law.  Should we shut down the US military?

19 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Another anecdote.

The US military has about 2 million active duty members, and at any given time some of them are in trouble with the law.  Should we shut down the US military?

Irrelevant!  They are in the USA legally.

Let us keep the focus on illegal aliens as much as you want to tap dance around the subject.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

WHat has this got to do with the effect of illegal immigrants on the economy. More irrelevancy from you.

correct your terminology.  Illegal aliens

17 hours ago, heybruce said:

You'll have to refresh my memory.  Are you referring to the links to the Fox opinion pieces, the political theater, or the organization with ties to hate groups?

No, the facts of murder and crimes committed by your skilled worker illegal aliens.

Go back a page or two and educate yourself.

Before you go on your meltdown about Fox News they are an approved news source within the guidelines of the forum

If you have issues with that, bring it up to the attention of the moderators.   Nobody wants to hear a grown man crying like a baby.

Take a deep breath!

Edited by G_Money

12 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Irrelevant!  They are in the USA legally.

Let us keep the focus on illegal aliens as much as you want to tap dance around the subject.

Let's keep the focus on immigration's benefits to the US economy.  You know, the subject of the topic.

Anecdotes of people committing crimes is not the topic.

11 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Let's keep the focus on immigration's benefits to the US economy.  You know, the subject of the topic.

Go back and re read your previous posts.  You are one claiming the benefits of illegal aliens on the economy.

I beg to differ and provided your coveted links.

44 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Go back and re read your previous posts.  You are one claiming the benefits of illegal aliens on the economy.

I beg to differ and provided your coveted links.

I have been claiming the inevitability of illegal immigration until legal immigration is reformed and massively expanded, employers are aggressively prosecuted for hiring of illegal immigrants and border control bills, such as the one passed by the Senate and shot down by Trump Republicans, are passed to give the Border Patrol the resources it needs.

Your links are opinion pieces, political theater or anecdotes.  They prove nothing.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Legal immigration is not out of control, other than being insufficient to meet demand. 

Illegal immigration is a problem, one which could be helped by the kind of bipartisan border control bill passed by the Senate with support from the Border Patrol union.  The on that was shot down by Trump controlled Republicans.

Republicans want lots of trouble on the southern border and will not allow anything to be done to fix it.

Crossing the southern border is legal immigration? These Chinese who fly to a place like Ecuador, hire a guide or a coyote to cross multiple land borders and enter the US in Texas or California are now legal immigrants?  At one time I lived in Del Rio Texas(a border town close to Eagle Pass) and know some who still live there and they feel overwhelmed by migrants. To them it is out of control. 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

As a former legal immigrant who became a naturalized citizen I would agree immigration (the kind where you get a visa and enter at a port of entry) is beneficial to the US Economy.  

25 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Crossing the southern border is legal immigration? These Chinese who fly to a place like Ecuador, hire a guide or a coyote to cross multiple land borders and enter the US in Texas or California are now legal immigrants?  At one time I lived in Del Rio Texas(a border town close to Eagle Pass) and know some who still live there and they feel overwhelmed by migrants. To them it is out of control. 

Please debate what I post.  Don't invent things I didn't post and debate them. 

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Please debate what I post.  Don't invent things I didn't post and debate them. 

So those who cross the US Border in Texas and California are not part of legal immigration now. Ok.  

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

So those who cross the US Border in Texas and California are not part of legal immigration now. Ok.  

Once again:  Please debate what I post.  Don't invent things I didn't post and debate them. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, G_Money said:

No, the facts of murder and crimes committed by your skilled worker illegal aliens.

Go back a page or two and educate yourself.

Before you go on your meltdown about Fox News they are an approved news source within the guidelines of the forum

If you have issues with that, bring it up to the attention of the moderators.   Nobody wants to hear a grown man crying like a baby.

Take a deep breath!

It doesn't matter where the facts come from if they're irrelevant. And yours are. And cherry picked to boot. What does a random murderer by someone have to do the economic effect of millions of undocumented workers on the US economy?

Edited by placeholder
  • Agree 1

Just now, heybruce said:

Once again:  Please debate what I post.  Don't invent things I didn't post and debate them. 

But you have not answered the question so no debate has actually occurred. 

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

As a former legal immigrant who became a naturalized citizen I would agree immigration (the kind where you get a visa and enter at a port of entry) is beneficial to the US Economy.  

You think those dairies, farms, construction companies, meat packing plants etc are giving those illegal aliens money because they're moved by charitable impulses?

34 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You think those dairies, farms, construction companies, meat packing plants etc are giving those illegal aliens money because they're moved by charitable impulses?

The are not hired right away.  It takes time.  Like getting housing, medical care, food etc.  Millions have arrived in the last few years.  The flow of new arrivals(mostly thought the southern border and illegal-yes i used that word because it is true) is not sustainable.  Just city leaders in Eagle Pass or McCallen TX.  I have lived in TX border town(Del Rio). Have you ever lived in a TX border town? 

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

What clear, specific, on-topic question have you asked?

Migrants crossing into the US through the southern border legal immigration? Yes or No? 

Edited by sqwakvfr

6 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Migrants crossing into the US through the southern border legal immigration? Yes or No? 

Some are. Some aren't. Refugees are not illegal immigrants.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Some are. Some aren't. Refugees are not illegal immigrants.

How one enters a country defines the legal status of the person. If a refugee enters through a port  of entry  then he or she is not illegal.  Therefore, anyone who can be defined as a refugee should be allowed to enter any country and stay as along as they need to?  They why do countries need borders and why are passports and visas needed to conduct international travel?

Just wondering?

Just now, sqwakvfr said:

How one enters a country defines the legal status of the person. If a refugee enters through a port  of entry  then he or she is not illegal.  Therefore, anyone who can be defined as a refugee should be allowed to enter any country and stay as along as they need to?  They why do countries need borders and why are passports and visas needed to conduct international travel?

Just wondering?

International law explicitly states that refugees entering a country without documentation is not illegal.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, placeholder said:

It doesn't matter where the facts come from if they're irrelevant. And yours are. And cherry picked to boot. What does a random murderer by someone have to do the economic effect of millions of undocumented workers on the US economy?

Random?  Tell that to the dead person or their families.  Make sure you tell them it’s cherry picked.  Better yet, what if you were the one murdered?  Still have the same kumbaya attitude.

The fact is the murder and other heinous crimes would not of happened if the border was properly enforced and the illegal aliens were not given a free pass in.  

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

International law explicitly states that refugees entering a country without documentation is not illegal.

A citizen of the world.  No need for a passport.  Until it’s time for the benefits.

The illegals entering the USA southern border are not refugees.

Your board name was well chosen.  I commend you.

Edited by G_Money

9 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Not really on-topic, but obviously some are and some aren't.  Are you aware that large numbers of US and Mexican citizens cross that border on a daily basis legally?

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

International Law?  From the UN? Do all countries abide by UN "Laws"?

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Not really on-topic, but obviously some are and some aren't.  Are you aware that large numbers of US and Mexican citizens cross that border on a daily basis legally?

Yes, grew up in California and went across San Diego to Tijuana many times.  Also got to cross into Piedras Negras from Eagles Pass and got to cross into Juarez from El Paso.  Both San Diego and El Paso are reported to be the busiest land border crossings in the world. 

5 hours ago, G_Money said:

Random?  Tell that to the dead person or their families.  Make sure you tell them it’s cherry picked.  Better yet, what if you were the one murdered?  Still have the same kumbaya attitude.

The fact is the murder and other heinous crimes would not of happened if the border was properly enforced and the illegal aliens were not given a free pass in.  

Thanks for the emotionalism and irrationality. Your argument would work just as well (or poorly) for aliens who were living in the US legally. Do you think it would make a difference to a family if they were told that the person who killed their daughter was in the country legally? Maybe they'd break out a bottle of champagne.

The fact is that these people come here to fill  jobs that no one else wants to take. Without them, important sectors of the economy would suffer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G_Money said:

A citizen of the world.  No need for a passport.  Until it’s time for the benefits.

The illegals entering the USA southern border are not refugees.

Your board name was well chosen.  I commend you.

Always a mark of someone who has nothing rational to offer, that they offer insults instead.

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Always a mark of someone who has nothing rational to offer, that they offer insults instead.

You again.  I actually expected something better from you.

I noticed you really enjoy taking words and making a new interpretation out of it.  So it meets your agenda, naturally.

What exactly was the insult?  He chose his name, I didn’t.  Complain to him.  I commended him.  A compliment.

Suprised you didn’t ask the OP for the stats.  Or is that only reserved for Trumpers.

6 minutes ago, G_Money said:

You again.  I actually expected something better from you.

I noticed you really enjoy taking words and making a new interpretation out of it.  So it meets your agenda, naturally.

What exactly was the insult?  He chose his name, I didn’t.  Complain to him.  I commended him.  A compliment.

Suprised you didn’t ask the OP for the stats.  Or is that only reserved for Trumpers.

Congratulating someone on the aptness of name that was obviously meant as a joke would be irrelevant even if it were meant as a compliment. 

I have offered data to you. In return you offer rants. Yours is the disingenuousness of a child. Grow up.