A closer look at Wise and Revolut's key features, and where they excel

10 minutes ago, george said:

Nobody except for yourself should know the card number. No support team in the world would enter it for you due to security policy. Maybe Revolut's list is incomplete. I can use my very old Kbank debit card without problem, it all depends on the first digits in the card number...

First digits are not the problem . Problem comes with the 8th digit. Which I suspect gas to fo with the branch. 

I can enter the card number myself if they can just turn off the cross check function. Or add code for my branch to the list.  Branch code is entirely separate from account number. 

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

First digits are not the problem . Problem comes with the 8th digit. Which I suspect gas to fo with the branch. 

I can enter the card number myself if they can just turn off the cross check function. Or add code for my branch to the list.  Branch code is entirely separate from account number. 

That would indicate a blocked number series, and as your card is new, it may have not been updated in the number system at Revolut, oir Kbank hasn't provided the data (not a surprise...).

Just now, george said:

That would indicate a blocked number series, and as your card is new, it may have not been updated in the number system at Revolut, oir Kbank hasn't provided the data (not a surprise...).

I think not included in the number system at Revolut. They added Thailand as a country only recently and I would not be surprised if the bank code list they have is extremely incomplete and limited to main cities and tourist spots.

Anyway it has been a bad experience wasting a lot of time.

Doesn't look lik Wise would necessarily be any better.  

Warning issued to Revolut customers after more than £200,000 stolen from two accounts

A warning has been issued to Revolut customers after takeover scammers stole more than £200,000 from two accounts.

Both victims saw their accounts targeted by fraudsters who passed the digital bank's selfie security checks just days apart, according to Which?. 

The consumer watchdog said one of the victims was on the brink of bankruptcy after £165,000 was taken from their account, while the other had lost more than £40,000 in 10 minutes. 

The criminals pretended to be part of the Revolut fraud team, calling about suspicious activity and passing a series of security checks to hack into the customers' accounts. 

Which? said Revolut investigated both cases and would not refund any of the losses because its multi-factor authentication checks were completed. 

Revolut has told the victims it will not refund the money, according to Which?

Revolut has told the victims it will not refund the money, according to Which?Reuters

This included the use of a selfie to gain access to the account, a security code being entered after it was sent by text and a login from a new device after an email was sent to a registered address. 

Revolut told Sky News it was aware of a "recent increase" in advanced account takeover scam attempts, and it was "deeply concerned" by the number of crimes being committed using fake phone calls.

"We are sorry to hear of any instance where our customers have been targeted by ruthless and sophisticated criminals. Each potential fraud case concerning a Revolut customer is carefully investigated and assessed independently of other cases," it said.

It also said it was "continuously strengthening" its fraud controls to stay one step ahead of new trends. 

Money blog: Revolut customers warned after £200,000 stolen from two accounts - and they didn't get it back | UK News | Sky News

• Thanks 1