Manchester United thread (2024)

RickG16

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester United are close to completing the signing of Lille defender Leny Yoro for £52 million

The 18-year-old is now set for a medical after United fended off interest from Real Madrid.

451786084_18444178891007206_4582825856541924416_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Manchester United are building the ultimate football team with the most talented youth in Europe and more being added. Ten Hag loves a young side and putting faith in academy stars and we may be seeing that at Manchester United.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching the pre season tour , I think Amad will be a better choice on the the right to either Sancho or Antony.

He is more direct and likes to take defenders on.

I think with Garnacho on the other wing they have their places sewn up. 

I think Rashford might struggle to get into the starting XI once everybody is up and running .

Hannibal does not appear to have made the step up I hoped he would .

Collyer I think will fit into the midfield nicely.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/1/2024 at 9:52 PM, NE1 said:

After watching the pre season tour , I think Amad will be a better choice on the the right to either Sancho or Antony.

He is more direct and likes to take defenders on.

I think with Garnacho on the other wing they have their places sewn up. 

I think Rashford might struggle to get into the starting XI once everybody is up and running .

Hannibal does not appear to have made the step up I hoped he would .

Collyer I think will fit into the midfield nicely.

Agree with all of that 

Unfortunately due to injuries, players resting after Euros and lack of transfer activity I think we will be putting out a very average team first game of the season 

What do you think about the McTominay and Wan-Bissaka transfer talk.

Personally I would keep them both , I thought McTominay did his job very well in the Cup final , and I also like him playing a bit farther forward when needs must.

I also think Wan Bissake is a better defender than Dalot.

31 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Personally I would keep them both , I thought McTominay did his job very well in the Cup final , and I also like him playing a bit farther forward when needs must.

unfortunately they need to sell to buy, McTominay wants to play first team football and I dont think ETH really wants to sell him, nobody will buy Casemiro because of his wages so the easy option is to move on McTom, for AWB his contract is up next year he could refuse to sign again then move for free, United have had their fair share of players running their contracts down, Pogba for one, 

49 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Time for both to move on, but not disaster if we have to keep as squad players 

12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

unfortunately they need to sell to buy, McTominay wants to play first team football and I dont think ETH really wants to sell him, nobody will buy Casemiro because of his wages so the easy option is to move on McTom, for AWB his contract is up next year he could refuse to sign again then move for free, United have had their fair share of players running their contracts down, Pogba for one, 

I think ETH desperately wants to sell McT. That's why he's talking him up so much. You don't drop a hint that you don't mind if a player goes because it weakens your negotiating position 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think ETH desperately wants to sell McT. That's why he's talking him up so much. You don't drop a hint that you don't mind if a player goes because it weakens your negotiating position 

will be funny if they sell him to Fulham he can play against United in the first game, and he scores, 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

will be funny if they sell him to Fulham he can play against United in the first game, and he scores, 

If Fulham will pay 30 mil for him I'll take that! Apparently Galatasaray only offered half the price

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

He seemed all right when he first arrived, and then went through a very rough patch where he was seemingly "lost" in that position, however after some time out of the first team I think his performances have improved. As for Dalot he seems to have become more of a utility player, and they're always useful to have as cover when necessary.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xylophone said:

He seemed all right when he first arrived, and then went through a very rough patch where he was seemingly "lost" in that position, however after some time out of the first team I think his performances have improved. As for Dalot he seems to have become more of a utility player, and they're always useful to have as cover when necessary.

He's never looked good going forward. And Dalot has the opposite problem. If you could build a full back using those 2's best qualities would be a decent player. 

23 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He's never looked good going forward. And Dalot has the opposite problem. If you could build a full back using those 2's best qualities would be a decent player. 

My thoughts exactly , but I would rather have a full back/wing back who can defend , we have wingers and midfielders for the attacking.

35 minutes ago, NE1 said:

My thoughts exactly , but I would rather have a full back/wing back who can defend , we have wingers and midfielders for the attacking.

Doesn't work like that in modern football unfortunately. The full backs need to overlap and attack, especially as today's "wingers" are often inverted and cut inside. Our right wingers certainly do 

1930s pic of Ted Drake of Arsenal being carried off the pitch unconscious , they brought him back round and sent him back out ,where Ted went on to score 3 goals ....

When they brought him round he didn’t even know who he was !! Herbert Chapman said “ Tell him he’s Dixie Dean “. They did and he scored 3 goals

453194970_122172471560061367_2067097625803511451_n.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

which game was this? can you spot the mistake in the photo?

452069847_3438258409650875_4464402854751642276_n.jpg

Was this the Red Star Belgrade game , last game before the Munich crash. 

Only 10 players in the photo.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Was this the Red Star Belgrade game , last game before the Munich crash. 

Only 10 players in the photo.

I think three days before the FA cup final, can you name the player missing from the photo?

13 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I think three days before the FA cup final, can you name the player missing from the photo?

Violett or Taylor ?