American Man Found with Bullet Arrested at Phuket Airport

webfact

8 hours ago, malt25 said:

"who carries (even inadvertently) a single bullet, in their luggage."  The yank who was caught with it !

Why! America is a country that its citizens have a right to own weapons and can freely buy ammunition so why would you try and smuggle a single shotgun cartridge! This scam pops up every so often at thai airports.  

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, stoner said:

who carries a single shell ? this is all kinds of strange. what was he going to do break it open and throw the pellets at people on the plane ? 

Who carries a joint through check in at airport in their luggage? 

Obviously just forgot it, and unfortunate these cind of items is illegal in thailand, especially unchecked. 

• Like 1

I would have thought an obvious mistake by the chap, can easily be done, leaving a small object in a bag side pocket from an earlier trip.

Don't understand the photo fuss, anyone would think he had a fold up shotgun in a tin leg........🥴

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Why! America is a country that its citizens have a right to own weapons and can freely buy ammunition so why would you try and smuggle a single shotgun cartridge! This scam pops up every so often at thai airports.  

Please give me any example of this "scam" happening at a Thai airport. A single one would suffice. I rmember it happening to a couple of guys years ago but it was never proven to be a scam, they were released.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was pulled once from having a .44 Magnum round on my key ring. It was a spent round I reloaded with no powder in it with the spent primer, hole drilled through the case to go on my key ring, it was a keep sake from my debunked hobby..

I did try and explain, but they took it......🥴

• Haha 1

I’ll bite,

Theres a good chance he used his bag before to carry ammo in the states.

One cartridge must of come free from the cartridge box !

Life Lesson , due diligence .

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

he thought the item was a deodorant stick.

In which case he should have pushed up bottom like Columbian drug smugglers.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NORDO said:

American male.  Which of the 37 Countries in the Americas was he from?

Probably the only country in the world that has "America" in the official name of the country. Only a complete idiot would have any doubt.

Much less ambiguous than saying someone is from The United Kingdom but doesn't specify which of the many Kingdoms. Thailand is a united kingdom.

15 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Sorry to wake you up, my bad ................LOL

That´s what a person who not understand relevance would say.

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

The relevance of this comment was if you had taken the time to read the history of this thread you would have seen that your comment had already been addressed .................LOL

The American has presumably flown into Thailand at some point therefore his luggage must have been through at least one lot of scanners so how come,on his way out of Phuket does a scanning machine find one cartridge in his luggage,it doesn't make sense.

On 3/2/2024 at 3:29 AM, AlexRich said:

The "bullet in the luggage" scam was notorious at the airport in Manila, Philippines. The passenger is pressurised to pay a "fine" to avoid getting into trouble. 

I wonder?

Yes, LagLag bala - I used to travel very often to Manila and was always worried about this scam. As they "found it" here the scam did not work? In Manila, after was found, the officers were asking money and after payment some of the victims revealed what happened or call their lawyers to expose it. 

Does not look the same case here, may be it was planted by other people to put the guy in troubles. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Gottfrid, your record appears to have become stuck .........LOL

On 3/2/2024 at 8:01 AM, The Old Bull said:

If the guy is into hunting having a few stay bullets at the bottom of his bag would not be out of the ordinary. However coming to a foreign country and not checking that they had all been removed is not smart. I had a couple of 300 win mag I forgot in my bag. When I was in London ,my cousin that worked for BA security grabbed them and gave me a telling off. I was a little pissed off because they were 220 grain soft points I had loaded myself, hard to find in the store. That was a long time ago just when the laws were starting to stiffen , until then ammunition was not a problem in a checked bag.

"If the guy is into hunting having a few stay bullets at the bottom of his bag would not be out of the ordinary."  Bet he's a Trump supporter !

Manilla airport workers were slipping a 22 shell into carry on luggage side pockets before the xray. They got caught when a young American missionary was targeted. His church connections raised the alarm. He'd never owned a gun and the bullet was a cheap local make.

• Thanks 1

Is this upon arrival in Thailand ?

Or, it this upon departure from Thailand ?

IF the bullet was found upon arrival in Thailand, its easy to understand how, especially with someone from the US who may be hunting / shooting regularly...  a stray bullet left in his luggage - its hardly the crime of the century and I hope its treated with common sense intelligent discretion - i.e. silly boy don't do that again. 

IF the bullet was found upon departure from Thailand, then I'd be asking more questions as that is quite suspect... how could a bullet possibly get there if not 'planted' (either by someone close to him or by the Police themselves)... Of course, IF this were the Police themselves, then it would be kept quiet and a payout would be in place....  So, was he using Guns (gun ranges) while here ? but how could a bullet possibly get into his possession - in this case, a lot of questions need to be asked, particularly as to what was he doing in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

Imagine if this becomes big news...

How many pi$$ed off GF's are going to slip a bullet in 'fumbling Freds' baggage....    

And travelling with something in your baggage which shouldn't be there ?...  Oops, I've done that a couple times.

(A Marijuana Gummy left in a bag in the side pocket / A strip of sleeping tablets... zines or apams or something, can't quite remember)...

Anyway - when travelling a LOT its easy to leave stuff in the luggage by mistake or just because we've become more complacent. 

I recently flew back to Thailand with a pack of Paracetamol with Codeine, it didn't cross my mind that Codeine is a Class 2 narcotic and illegal in Thailand without a prescription (which I didn't have).