Just a quick question regarding multiple entry permit

I bought a multiple re-entry permit along with my "retirement visa". I left Thailand a few weeks ago and are now about to return to Thailand.

Did I have to mention anything to the immigration officer upon leaving Thailand a few weeks ago? Or not necessary?

Can I add a question to this topic please. If I leave Thailand on my retirement visa with multi entry, how long can I be absent from Thailand? Eg I have had visa since November. If I go to UK now can I stay there 4 months?

1 hour ago, Martin Brit said:

Can I add a question to this topic please. If I leave Thailand on my retirement visa with multi entry, how long can I be absent from Thailand? Eg I have had visa since November. If I go to UK now can I stay there 4 months?

You need to be back in Thailand in time to do your annual renewal of permission to stay.  Aside from that, stay away all you want.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Martin Brit said:

A re-entry permit should be dated to cover your current permission of stay stamp.
If your current permission of stay (a permit, not a visa) is dated, for example 11th November, then your re-entry permit should also be dated to that same date.

On re-entry to Thailand prior to that date, you will be granted permission of stay again until 11th November.