Public anger boils over in protests in Phuket against Swiss man Mr Uli and private beaches

webfact

28 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I should clarify. I have seen similar cases (more than a few actually), where a foreigner with a successful business has been removed from the country, under threat of physical violence, criminal charges or even being killed if they return, and then had their assets stolen from them.

The most recent case I know of, was down to the most trusted Thai manager conspiring with local mafia to drag a wealthy foreign company owner through the courts, creating a situation in which he could not return without facing a completely uncertain scenario of arrest and criminal and civil court cases. The manager and co-conspirator then proceeded to strip the company of assets, including the owner's personal property, including a pool villa, condos and vehicles.

Bit of a dim bulb he was. Believe he still has his company though, but a few million dollars out of pocket.

A similar situation could be unfolding before our very eyes. 😉

I know a British guy in Phuket that had a whole Condo block that he built from scratch stolen off him by some dodgy Thai's including a lawyer.

He was 130 million baht out of pocket in the end. He tried the court route to no avail. Eventually he was forced to leave Phuket by some very influential locals. He ended up in Chiang Mai.

He stayed there a few years. Eventually his money ran out and he returned to the UK. He was a decent person, a sad story and cautionary tale.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I'm done, you are being ridiculous and childish. 

1. Where did I advocate the use of unqualified doctors in hospitals?
2. What are her qualifications and where are they lacking?
3. What kind of work is she doing in the hospital?

Actually, don't bother. With every post you bring up a new deflection based on something you have imagined. Why are we even talking about her qualifications? I know nothing about her qualifications or training (and neither do you) and I don't care because it is NOT RELEVANT

Just forget it, I'll continue debating with the adults (not that there seem to be many around), no need to reply anymore as I won't be responding back.

Pretty sure this sequence of exchanges will be gone by tomorrow as off topic which they clearly are.

1  see the quote below    specifically ""She is 26 and is working as a doctor in a hospital. But even if she hasn't passed all her exams yet

2 she has no qualifications yet  (but bearing in mind who her father is that only a formality

3 again see below specifically "She is 26 and is working as a doctor"

"She is 26 and is working as a doctor in a hospital. But even if she hasn't passed all her exams yet, so what?? No idea why you even think that's worth a discussion, it is irrelevant. Anyway why would she be listed as a GP on the hospital website? Weirdest deflection I have come across in a while."

"Why are we discussing this?"   well you tell me , you started it with the above quote

you appear to be incapable of adult discussion, everything you disagree with you dismiss  as a deflection,   you are not "debating" with anybody , just spouting endless rubbish.

eventually insulting those who tried to debate with you....."I'll continue debating with the adults (not that there seem to be many around),

then predictably  crying "off topic" the standard goto from your sort when you realise you have nothing left 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, OnTheLash said:

I know a British guy in Phuket that had a whole Condo block that he built from scratch stolen off him by some dodgy Thai's including a lawyer.

He was 130 million baht out of pocket in the end. He tried the court route to no avail. Eventually he was forced to leave Phuket by some very influential locals. He ended up in Chiang Mai.

He stayed there a few years. Eventually his money ran out and he returned to the UK. He was a decent person, a sad story and cautionary tale.

and sadly not at all uncommon,  many have suffered a similar fate , 

• Confused 1

I am happy to see "public anger boiling over" and the Thai people standing-up to what they think is right. The Phuket Police are protecting the big money and overlook illegal action of the big money people and acting against common people. Good to see Thai people wanting justice for all. I hope some Police also get fired for the way they handled this matter.

Edited by Banana7

1 hour ago, OnTheLash said:

I'm sure he was a decent person, but I'm also pretty sure he didn't build the condo block out of the goodness of his heart. He saw an opportunity to make a shed load of money in a relatively poor country. A country where investments like this carry risk. Not only the risk from political instability meaning the rules for foreign ownership could change at any time, but also flaunting your foreign wealth is bound to upset the local mafia in somewhere like Phuket. Not saying it's right, but that's just the way it is. 

The Swiss guy in this story was bound to come unstuck eventually if he was (as reported) disrespectful to the less fortunate locals. If you're a very wealthy foreigner in a poor country, have the intelligence to be respectful. 

The way he was ranting in the video suggests to me he lacks emotional intelligence. I hope for his sake he's savvy enough to know it's time to move...

I paste my last comment with anger against "super hero" Swiss citizen who kicked on her back a young lady scientist Thai civilian.

The shame on you "super hero"................!!!

No apologize not imploring forgiveness should be applied to European (Switzerland) citizen. Thais citizens arent "bus class" subordinate citizens and this lesson should be applied to everyone.

Because you are come from a rich European micro-State country (thanks to drug cartel) it doesnt mean your are authorized to imply authoritarian behaviour not only to a Thai scientist civilian but also to everyone. If Thai lady doctor did the same against you in Switzerland "paradise" (thanks to drug cartel) what did the Federal of Switzerland implement against her?

I am confused and I dont figure it out what is the motivation for such horrible unaccceptable behaviour mainly against a lady?

Thai Authorities should implement "a criminal record" for such "civilized gentlemen" which makes international travel very difficult because most countries try to protect their citizens from outside criminal activities.

As a European citizen I bow my head and I apologize to the lady for my "compatriot" unacceptable stance.

Individuals members of European Union are equals but we are not the same!

(Switzerland - Liechtenstein - Monaco -San Marino the so called microstates belongs to E.U States but with specific status due to washing mashine black money drug cartel).

Moving-picture-Greece-flag-flapping-on-pole-with-name-animated-gif.gif

Edited by Paris333
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bundooman said:

That's also exactly what the Americans said in 1973 at the US Embassy in Saigon as they pulled out and left the S. Vietnamese to suffer the consequences of a lost cause.

Not really... unless of course you can provide a source.

12 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I have not sided with the foreigner and I have not dismissed the Thai side of things,  

I have however questioned the evidential value of the video with respect to supporting the allegation that he kicked anybody, I have now watched it several times and can not see any kick being delivered to either of the women sitting on the steps. I am not saying he did not kick her but I am saying that the video does not provide any clear proof that he did.    Anybody saying differently has either seen a totally different video, or is hallucinating,  

So he apologized for striking her with his foot and blamed it on tripping but it didn't happen -sure.

20 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

So the elephant sanctuary is 100% legal.

19 hours ago, ravip said:

So let us all start kicking the Thais around on sight? Would it teach them a lesson?

Jeeese... for some here in, Thai's seem to be monsters!

Terrible life style to live... where you hate the natives of the country YOU chose in preference to YOUR home country.

That will annoy many on here.

Come on now   they have taken up the White Mans Burden !  They should be applauded in their Khaki shorts and pith helmets ; here to do God's work and tame the savages.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

So where is the evidence she was kicked in the back.  its not in the video, he has denied it ,  it is purely anecdotal 

Why did he apologize for his foot hitting her in the back?  Quite the denial.     Your post is purely BS

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I have not sided with the foreigner and I have not dismissed the Thai side of things,  

I have however questioned the evidential value of the video with respect to supporting the allegation that he kicked anybody, I have now watched it several times and can not see any kick being delivered to either of the women sitting on the steps. I am not saying he did not kick her but I am saying that the video does not provide any clear proof that he did.    Anybody saying differently has either seen a totally different video, or is hallucinating,  

Swiss guy hallucinated apologized for imaginary  foot to womens back.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I bet his neighbours are not to happy all their property is being inspected, over 500 people outside his house that could have turned nasty I hope there was enough police to patrol them, Mob rule, 

Now go and demonstrate against the Russians buying up all your land and properties, Thais will not own anything soon, 

I thought foreigners could not own land in Thailand?

15 hours ago, transam said:

Levels of education are not a measure of intelligence or common sense. Take yourself, for instance.......:huh:

A quantitative review has established that the more years of schooling, the higher students' intelligence scores.

• Haha 1

Just now, charleskerins said:

A quantitative review has established that the more years of schooling, the higher students' intelligence scores.

What did you score.............:huh:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Swiss guy hallucinated apologized for imaginary  foot to womens back.

Thai YouTube was crammed with footage and news of Swissy David last night, even a single photo frame of Daves foot making contact with the girl.

The girl also has a farang b/f/husband, though I could not understand what he was saying to the reporter.

It also seems Daves involvement with senior bib is to be investigated....😱

Minister Anutin is taking a trip to Phuket to investigate too.....😱

Mrs.T said something about Dave losing his visa..........😱

But one thing is for sure, the locals are not happy.............:huh:

4 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

admission is evidence ,witnesses are evidence.

You go find the still of Daves foot doing the dastardly deed, it's out there..................😂

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Why did he apologize for his foot hitting her in the back?  Quite the denial.     Your post is purely BS

clearly a denial of intentional kicking, it may be true it may be a lie but it is clearly a denial.   A foot making contact with something is not automatically a kick nor intentional. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

clearly a denial of intentional kicking, it may be true it may be a lie but it is clearly a denial.   A foot making contact with something is not automatically a kick nor intentional. 

Logic seems to be lost on a certain group of folks on here      there are several of you that said there is no evidence of a kick on the video ,she's lying .   - So why would he apologize eventually for his foot hitting her back and claim he tripped if there was no contact to her back?  Answer he wouldn't  

Next it wasn't intentional  or it wasn't a kick? -  Now it's time to deem the man's intent as he's yelling GTFOH to two women sitting on looking at the water ,bothering no one.

His intent was to bully them and it backfired -now go on and keep making excuses for him -it's kind of comical.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

You're 'avin a laugh, the photo 'still' does not tell a lie...........................😂

12 hours ago, OnTheLash said:

What a dumbass, with a 130 million Thai Baht he could still be maxing and relaxing here w/o trying to dabble in a market and language he had 0 understanding of.

15 minutes ago, transam said:

You're 'avin a laugh, the photo 'still' does not tell a lie...........................😂

be interested to see it ,  where do i look?

Edited by Bday Prang

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

jesus there are lots of vids, any chance of a link?

Sorry no, I do have a YouTube account for history, but Mrs.T used Thai on guest, so not saved..

There are a lot of vids on Dave, you will just have to scan through them, but, the vid of him walking taken by someone behind him is everywhere, you can clearly see Mr.Angry's stuff.....:whistling:

16 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I assume you haven't heard about circumstantial evidence , the speed that he is walking, the loud thud when he reaches the doctor and her friend , the tone of his voice and the language used and the missing language such as hello can you please refrain from sitting on these steps as they are private property ( although we know now only step 1 was and steps 2 to 4 where they were sitting is public land 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I assume you haven't heard about circumstantial evidence , the speed that he is walking, the loud thud when he reaches the doctor and her friend , the tone of his voice and the language used and the missing language such as hello can you please refrain from sitting on these steps as they are private property ( although we know now only step 1 was and steps 2 to 4 where they were sitting is public land 

i have seen and heard all of the video, Of course  I can hear a thud and I can hear his rant and I can see he's angry,  but I can't definitively say I saw him kick her. Some have said the vid was taken by somebody following him from behind, but it looks to me like he took it himself and what actually is seen is his shadow

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

i have seen and heard all of the video, Of course  I can hear a thud and I can hear his rant and I can see he's angry,  but I can't definitively say I saw him kick her.  

And that is where Circumstantial evidence is indirect evidence that does not, on its face, prove a fact in issue but gives rise to a logical inference that the fact exists comes into play

Personally the video released by the swiss guy was a huge mistake without it , it would be she said he said and almost impossible for police to proceed without evidence from both sides

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And that is where Circumstantial evidence is indirect evidence that does not, on its face, prove a fact in issue but gives rise to a logical inference that the fact exists comes into play

Personally the video released by the swiss guy was a huge mistake without it , it would be she said he said and almost impossible for police to proceed without evidence from both sides

Well for sure making that video was a huge mistake,  Everybody will make of it what they wish ,and its pretty clear he's a nasty piece of work.     All I am saying, is that if kicking  was a capitol offence, and the guy was looking at a death sentence,  I would be very very uneasy about  sending  him to the gallows based solely on what I saw in that video.     

• Confused 1