Public anger boils over in protests in Phuket against Swiss man Mr Uli and private beaches

webfact

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The young woman that was kicked has a father with media connections, nationally and locally.

He is also a political activist, so he is familiar with getting people organised to protest at short notice.

That's very interesting information thank you

Stupid and deserves punishment but cmon Thailand demonstrations!! You have far bigger things to worry about, rape murder, drugs, child abuse

even the ex prime minister who was actually sentenced to 8 years in jail and is now free without spending 24 hours behind bars didnt get this many protesters 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Faux outrage over the poor elephants? And exaggerating the "what if" scenario much?

To be fair, TripAdvisor and Google Reviews for his "sanctuary" are extremely positive and it seems the animals are well cared for. But do you think he cares for them himself? Does he get up every morning to feed them, clean them etc?  Does he go and wave at his guests? It doesn't seem to me he has a very kind or service mind. If the bully gets deported (unlikely) the "sanctuary" will still exist, tourists will still pile in as it is very highly ranked, he'll still make a ton of money from it.. The elephants are going to be just fine, don't you worry your socks about it. But thanks for your faux concern.

All supposition with a bit of ad hominem chucked in for good measure. 

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I would feel sorry for him if he made a mistake, apologised for it, but still he was getting the baying mob. But because he thought he could bully her in to submission afterwards, because he refused to apologise (he still hasn't really done that) then he has no sympathy.

The doctor said at the scene there were three scenarios, three options: Mutually apologise and both walk away, go their separate ways without apologies, or press charges. Mr Swiss refused to apologise and said he wanted an apology from her ONLY and then he would make sure she went to prison. Add to that the threats and vitriol from his beautiful wife and the fact he still hasn't apologised for what he did, then he deserves everything that is coming.

Arrogant, nasty bully, he deserves no sympathy whatsoever. Lots of other stories around of him being threatening and abusing (even waving guns around). Bye bye Mr Swiss.

The woman he kicked is a student not a qualified doctor.

There is absolutely no evidence of him waving guns around. More made up nonsense for the simple-minded to believe without question and regurgitate. 

You need to get your facts straight.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I agree with your second theory. From the stories I have read it seems he is a notorious thug and a bully who treats Thais with disdain. Probably many people happy at the chance to finally take him down that this scenario (and his ongoing actions) have presented.

I agree. Apparently he picked on the wrong person this time. It seems that the young lady's father is an activist who has media connections hence the publicity and outrage

10 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

From the stories I have read it seems he is a notorious thug and a bully who treats Thais with disdain.

Yet, he set up a sanctuary for elephants and employs many locals. He also gave the finger to an ambulance driver, also a fact. We don't know the intricate details of the incident, as we have only heard one side of the story from the ambulance driver, who is facing charges of violating the computer crimes act. 

Waving guns around, mistreating locals, and all the other stuff is only rumour, probably part of the overall smear campaign now ongoing against him. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Probably many people happy at the chance to finally take him down that this scenario (and his ongoing actions) have presented.

You seem to be revelling in his downfall and you don't even know him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Even Mr Swiss himself doesn't deny the kick, but he puts it down to a "slip".

And to think posters here laugh at the Thais for making ridiculous excuses for things: brake failure, road was unexpectedly slippery etc. This is right up there with them, yet people have his back. Sad.

He is acting exactly like a hi-so Thai with his pathetic excuses, arrogance, and refusal to apologise. 

I wonder where he learned that behaviour?  😆

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You seem to be revelling in his downfall and you don't even know him. 

I always revel when a bully gets taken down, don't you?  Or is it only when a Thai bully gets taken down that your juices flow?

26 minutes ago, Thumbs said:

Stupid and deserves punishment but cmon Thailand demonstrations!! You have far bigger things to worry about, rape murder, drugs, child abuse

even the ex prime minister who was actually sentenced to 8 years in jail and is now free without spending 24 hours behind bars didnt get this many protesters 

There was a Swiss guy a few weeks ago who murdered his missis  disposing of the mutilated  body in a field.    Even he did not spark such a strong reaction amongst the netizens, and I don't remember the keyboard warriors on here forming a lynch mob and lighting their flaming torches either.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

I always revel when a bully gets taken down, don't you?  Or is it only when a Thai bully gets taken down that your juices flow?

Isn't forming a mob outside a person's home to pressure authorities to take action over and above what the law demands in such a situation, a form of bullying? Intimidation perhaps?

Answers on a postcard. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

There was a Swiss guy a few weeks ago who murdered his missis  disposing of the mutilated  body in a field.    Even he did not spark such a strong reaction amongst the netizens, and I don't remember the keyboard warriors on here forming a lynch mob and lighting their flaming torches either.  

I reckon someone is trying to nick his lucrative business and assets off him. 

Don't think kicking people off sitting on the steps was part of it, but it has certainly presented someone with a golden opportunity.

Knowing how Thais operate at that level, it would not surprise me that this is the reason we are seeing such a concerted media campaign against him.

The Swiss murderer was not wealthy in comparison and is already deprived of his meagre assets after such a horrific crime, one would imagine. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Isn't forming a mob outside a person's home to pressure authorities to take action over and above what the law demands in such a situation, a form of bullying? Intimidation perhaps?

Answers on a postcard. 

And what would be the reaction of the righteous on here if the 500 strong mob had got their hands on him and literally torn him to shreds, it would only take one somchai to throw the first punch 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The woman he kicked is a student not a qualified doctor.

And? What is the relevance of that? I don't care if she was a doctor, a student, a sweet sweeper, a foreign tourist, a bricklayer. It makes absolutely no difference to anything.

She is 26 and is working as a doctor in a hospital. But even if she hasn't passed all her exams yet, so what?? No idea why you even think that's worth a discussion, it is irrelevant. Anyway why would she be listed as a GP on the hospital website? Weirdest deflection I have come across in a while.

There is absolutely no evidence of him waving guns around. More made up nonsense for the simple-minded to believe without question and regurgitate. 

I will give you that. It was mentioned in one of the (many) threads that Thai TV(?) he has been seen with a gun or brandishing one, but I don't remember the details. I can't independently verify that.

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 22.37.58.png

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Update: Locals demand justice in Swiss expat alleged assault case
by Nattapong Westwood

image.jpeg

Photo co urtesy of Bangkok Post

The Swiss expat, 45 year old Urs Fehr, also known by the name David, purportedly delivered a kick to Dr Thandao Chandam, a respected figure at Dibuk Hospital, as she enjoyed a peaceful moonlit moment with a friend outside his residence on the evening of February 24.

There's no way in hell this dude is 45 years old!! He looks like he's 65 years old at least.

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I reckon someone is trying to nick his lucrative business and assets off him. 

Don't think kicking people off sitting on the steps was part of it, but it has certainly presented someone with a golden opportunity.

Knowing how Thais operate at that level, it would not surprise me that this is the reason we are seeing such a concerted media campaign against him.

The Swiss murderer was not wealthy in comparison and is already deprived of his meagre assets after such a horrific crime, one would imagine. 

you are probably right about the lack of financial incentive , but it doesn't explain the behaviour of the mob that's gathering on here.  The guy who done his wife in was caught bang to rights and eventually admitted what he had done ,  the evidence in this case is pretty flimsy by comparison its pretty much his word against hers. could jealousy of his wealth also be a contributory factor

• Like 2

I should clarify. I have seen similar cases (more than a few actually), where a foreigner with a successful business has been removed from the country, under threat of physical violence, criminal charges or even being killed if they return, and then had their assets stolen from them.

The most recent case I know of, was down to the most trusted Thai manager conspiring with local mafia to drag a wealthy foreign company owner through the courts, creating a situation in which he could not return without facing a completely uncertain scenario of arrest and criminal and civil court cases. The manager and co-conspirator then proceeded to strip the company of assets, including the owner's personal property, including a pool villa, condos and vehicles.

Bit of a dim bulb he was. Believe he still has his company though, but a few million dollars out of pocket.

A similar situation could be unfolding before our very eyes. 😉

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

And what would be the reaction of the righteous on here if the 500 strong mob had got their hands on him and literally torn him to shreds, it would only take one somchai to throw the first punch 

We'd all go "never mind". Of course. What a moronic comparison. No one is saying he should be ripped apart or murdered. I don't even think he should be deported, but he should suffer some consequences. Let's not forget (although you always do) this is not about a small kick on the back. This is the fact that he thought he could bully her in to submission afterwards. She offered to mutually apologise (her for sitting on the stairs, him for kicking her and abusing her), he refused. She offered for neither of them to apologise and they both go their separate ways, he refused. He would only accept an apology from her (only her) and him calling the police to "put her in jail".  Oh, and then the wife offered to have them shot.  Oh, and he has refused to properly apoloise since.

He really thought he could bully her and this is the action of an arrogant man who needs to be taken down a notch or two. For the record in case you need it spelling out: he should not be murdered or ripped apart. OK?

Oh, and look at the photos. The "mob" were in good spirits, laughing, posing for selfies on the stairs. Hardly baying to rip someone to shreds. Keep it real if you want to be taken seriously.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

And? What is the relevance of that? I don't care if she was a doctor, a student, a sweet sweeper, a foreign tourist, a bricklayer. It makes absolutely no difference to anything.

I think her social status definitely has a bearing on what is going on. 

I mentioned it to illustrate how quickly rumour and hearsay are believed without question in cases like this. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

We'd all go "never mind". Of course. What a moronic comparison. No one is saying he should be ripped apart or murdered. I don't even think he should be deported, but he should suffer some consequences. Let's not forget (although you always do) this is not about a small kick on the back. This is the fact that he thought he could bully her in to submission afterwards. She offered to mutually apologise (her for sitting on the stairs, him for kicking her and abusing her), he refused. She offered for neither of them to apologise and they both go their separate ways, he refused. He would only accept an apology from her (only her) and him calling the police to "put her in jail".  Oh, and then the wife offered to have them shot.  Oh, and he has refused to properly apoloise since.

He really thought he could bully her and this is the action of an arrogant man who needs to be taken down a notch or two. For the record in case you need it spelling out: he should not be murdered or ripped apart. OK?

If he were a Thai person acting in this manner, what would the outcome be do you think? 

19 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

She is 26 and is working as a doctor in a hospital. But even if she hasn't passed all her exams yet, so what?? No idea why you even think that's worth a discussion, it is irrelevant

anybody who was a patient at the hospital would probably disagree  with that statement,  Unqualified students posing as doctors?  hardly inspires confidence and not  what one would expect to find in any hospital especially in a country with aspirations to become a medical tourism hub. Regardless of the legal ramifications or indeed how famous her father is.

And you expect to be taken seriously :cheesy:

Edited by Bday Prang

7 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If he were a Thai person acting in this manner, what would the outcome be do you think? 

If the two women sitting on his steps were british tourists from a council estate this thread would have not reached two pages and the guy would have been applauded

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If the Swiss man apologised after the incident (a mutual apology was offered by the victim to end the situation) then none of this would have happened. If he'd agreed for both to walk away without apologising (as offered by the victom) then none of this would have happened. None of us would have known about it. But he decided to double down, escalate, and bully, and now it has backfired horribly.

If a 100kg Thai man kicked and abused a 45kg foreign tourist who was minding her own business, refused to apologise, refused to peacefully end the situation without an apology when offered, then threatened to shoot her and have her thrown in jail, and she decided to press charges and go to the media I think it would become a big thing.

If a 100kg Thai man kicked and abused a 45kg foreign tourist who was minding her own business, then agreed to accept a mutual apology and went back in his house then we would never have heard about it. Just as we wouldn't have heard about it if that's what the Swiss man had done.

Stop with the anti-foreign paranoia, it is silly.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

anybody who was a patient at the hospital would probably disagree  with that statement,  Unqualified students posing as doctors?  hardly inspires confidence and not  what one would expect to find in any hospital especially in a country with aspirations to become a medical tourism hub. Regardless of the legal ramifications or indeed how famous her father is.

And you expect to be taken seriously :cheesy:

What the Hell has that got to do with her being kicked in the back? Absolutely nothing, her profession shouldn't even come in to it.

If you feel so strongly about her qualifications (no doubt you know all about them) then take it up with the hospital - it is not relevant to this thread at all. It is just more pointless deflection.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Stop with the anti-foreign paranoia, it is silly

not as "silly" as advocating the use of unqualified doctors in hospitals

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

not as "silly" as advocating the use of unqualified doctors in hospitals

I'm done, you are being ridiculous and childish. 

1. Where did I advocate the use of unqualified doctors in hospitals?
2. What are her qualifications and where are they lacking?
3. What kind of work is she doing in the hospital?

Actually, don't bother. With every post you bring up a new deflection based on something you have imagined. Why are we even talking about her qualifications? I know nothing about her qualifications or training (and neither do you) and I don't care because it is NOT RELEVANT

Just forget it, I'll continue debating with the adults (not that there seem to be many around), no need to reply anymore as I won't be responding back.

Pretty sure this sequence of exchanges will be gone by tomorrow as off topic which they clearly are.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

What the Hell has that got to do with her being kicked in the back? Absolutely nothing, her profession shouldn't even come in to it.

If you feel so strongly about her qualifications (no doubt you know all about them) then take it up with the hospital - it is not relevant to this thread at all. It is just more pointless deflection.

So where is the evidence she was kicked in the back.  its not in the video, he has denied it ,  it is purely anecdotal 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1