Public anger boils over in protests in Phuket against Swiss man Mr Uli and private beaches

webfact

9 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I think they will moving soon and keeping a very low profile. 

I think you are correct.This might be a very good time for them to take a vacay to Singapore and sip a few slings until the smoke clears.

I hope his Audi isn't allergic to keys.

Ive seen some movies in AN, like a young woman bashed by her "boyfriend". Not any person did anything.

Or a teacher aggressively assaulting a little student, not anybody did a thing.

And those were proven and shown. Red story off father killing daughter and son in law in an argue.

And so on and so on and now this?! OK not good but what an over reaction.

I think doctor did it on purpose to be on internet, they took a 17 second film ! What people do to be on internet, incredible.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

The article refers to a couple of apologies that were "not sincere." Swiss guy "stormed" out of the police station. Had to be calmed down by a senior officer, before coming back in and making another insincere apology. 

I'd be pissed off also.He probably had dropped off a very thick brown envelope to make this all go away but the locals got a bone and they're not letting it go easily. 

If it were me I'd hide the Audi somewhere and fly the f--- away for for a few months. Life isn't worth much in the country. He's screwed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I might be wrong, but as I read the story, the "victim" was ready to forgive the attackers at the Police gathering.
But it was his dear wife who was insulting the "victim" the night of the trespassing and again at the police gathering and claiming that she knew "high placed police officers".
After the plead for forgiveness of the Swiss man, his wife was making a mountain of a mole hill and asking the victim to ask publicly for forgiveness to her.
GET RID OF THAT WIFE!!!!!

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, traveller101 said:

Unfortunately some on this board are either unwilling or unable to see the grayzone in between their black and white way looking at issues.

It's either "deport, blacklist for life, jail this thug, cretin, criminal, bully etc. without reservation. Local media report present nothing less than the gospel truth.

Putting things in perspective, raising legitimate questions as to the accuracy of all the statements and pointing to the disproportionality between the actual crime committed and the subsequent mediastorm and (fake?) outrage by local residents is interpreted by these members as taking the side of the Swiss.

Thank you,

You have put the point across well.

A post in violation of our fair use policy has been removed:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

Some here are saying the Thais are over-reacting by forming an angry mob, I say, maybe this is the exact punishment he needs. After this incident, I bet he'll think twice about being a jerk and committing assault in the future. 

Edited by bbko
  • Like 2

Interesting that the Swissman's Thai wife seems to be collateral damage.

I would have expected the authorities to treat her, and by extension in some small part, her husband better.

But everyone seems to be racing to be the most vindictive so this won't reflect well once the initial rage has worn off.

2 hours ago, barrybike said:

This news has gone viral , it’s big talk throughout the whole country , they will have to set an example of this guys behaviour , deportation at the minimum or a huge fine with some  jail time 

Definitely commensurate to the abject crime that he has committed. We shall not forgive this genocide.

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

elephants  ( 12) are all legal
camp is 100% legal
from Phuket news

https://www.thephuketnews.com/swiss-expat-elephant-park-clears-inspection-91485.php

bamnutsak

• Platinum Member
  • Advanced Member

Interesting that the Swissman's Thai wife seems to be collateral damage.

I would have expected the authorities to treat her, and by extension in some small part, her husband better.

But everyone seems to be racing to be the most vindictive so this won't reflect well once the initial rage has worn off.

"" are u wacko:
she told the dr she could have her shot!!
collateral damage   5555555

Look David is obviously very rich and has some powerful people looking after him>
this is just the tip of the ice berg into his activates an thinking he is above the law

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The court case has already been decided?

From what I saw, the video is inconclusive about the kick. Foul language and a foot being used for sure, but not much of a kick as alleged.

Jesus what is with the bending over backwards for this Fat Arrogant Jerk    -he apologized and said he tripped that's why his foot struck her (in other words he kicked her)  . he cursed at them , and the steps were on public property . Guilty as charged     

• Agree 1

500 locals now on his steps... Wow this has escalated into a story many will remember for a long time!!!!

Congratulations to the young Doctor for calling out the bluff that they are well connected.. As much as the Bangkok Hospital I doubt it, and now the history of abusing medical staff with the ambulance driver incident rearing its ugly head making the Swiss/Thai couple look like a good humbling is well needed!

It would be a real victory if he gets deported and black listed, and will hopefully make these ungrateful guests of Thailand act more appropriately in the future.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

And also the usual suspects automatically siding with the foreigner and dismissing the Thai side of things.

I have not sided with the foreigner and I have not dismissed the Thai side of things,  

I have however questioned the evidential value of the video with respect to supporting the allegation that he kicked anybody, I have now watched it several times and can not see any kick being delivered to either of the women sitting on the steps. I am not saying he did not kick her but I am saying that the video does not provide any clear proof that he did.    Anybody saying differently has either seen a totally different video, or is hallucinating,  

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, roo860 said:

Apparently alot of his donations came from overseas for his so-called 'sanctuary '.

Many years ago a German was doing this in Pattaya, the only problem was all the donations to his various wildlife and animal charities got syphoned and spent on his then property empire and a large number of power boats and speedboats in Pattaya.

He had a massive restaurant with a built-in microbrewery and a Thai Army oompah band, he was well in with various Army generals and eventually got deported in a big stink which hit the Thai parliament, as his wife went there screaming about all those they had taken backhanders and received envelopes.

He ended up getting jailed and was deported, I remember that much.

I believe his name was Wolfgang.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I am really wondering what is going on in Phuket. I can't imagine that a foreigner hitting a Thai woman can make such big problem.

You would not wonder if you knew how well connected the father of the doctor is, not just on Phuket, but particularly there.

Have your wife read you some of his entries from his Facebook page. He obviously, as a decade-long political activist, knows exactly how to start a very effective media campaign and how to energize the locals.

https://www.facebook.com/chaiyachot.uttamang/

Nothing wrong with that, if that was my daughter, I would do exactly the same. The Swiss man rejected the offer of apologizing before calling the police himself, so he really brought this unto himself.

But of course, as many here stated, this is a class thing. First, of the Swiss guy threatening with his "good connections", only to be steamrolled by the Thai side he attacked with their infinitely better ones. "Som nam na" comes to mind (however deportation seems a bit too strong a resolution for it).

My guess: it will not actually end in deportation; but the pound of flesh will be a considerable amount and it can be doubtful, if the business of the Swiss man can go on like this.

This reminds me very much of the owner of Shark Disco in Patong, all too many years back -- at the time by far the most successful place at Soi Bangla and the blueprint for all later discos to follow. After being publicly in the face of the local business interests, that disco never opened up after again, with quite the media campaign preceding its quick demise.

14 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Really?

Even Mr Swiss himself doesn't deny the kick, but he puts it down to a "slip".

And to think posters here laugh at the Thais for making ridiculous excuses for things: brake failure, road was unexpectedly slippery etc. This is right up there with them, yet people have his back. Sad.

Yes really,

The video did not even come from a Thai he made it himself and it shows nothing. I have not said he did not kick her and I  certainly don't have his back, his shouting and bawling was of course very bad behaviour and totally uncalled for

"Even Mr Swiss himself doesn't deny the kick, but he puts it down to a "slip".  that statement makes no sense at all

That is  certainly and without any doubt an attempt at a  denial   He is  saying he did not intentionally kick her,  He is stating  that his foot made contact with her back as a result of him slipping, whether you or I or anybody else believe him or not is neither here or there, it is still a denial of an intentional kick.    

Here is a rather simplistic example that may help you understand ..... I once slipped over whilst drunk and banged my head on a table ,  I accept my head made contact with the table but I deny headbutting it,  are you getting it yet? 

• Confused 5

6 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

The villagers are definitely getting restless, and they want a head on a pike.

Even the National Police Chief is commenting on this "case". He has ordered the CIB to fully investigate "David the Swissman".

Seems like there is a lot of animosity towards foreigners and tourists busting loose.

The amount of focus on this one case seems way out of proportion.

I think there are a 2 main reasons why this man is disliked. 

1. The estate he lives on is built on land formerly used for foraging for food by locals. It is now occupied by wealthy people and locals are gradually being pushed out of the area.

2. This man has a record of arrogance and abuse towards local people.

There is no way such a demonstration by locals would be organised so quickly. unless he was already despised and locals are now venting their anger probably built up over the years by him lording it over them along with other wealthy people on the estate

• Like 1