Public anger boils over in protests in Phuket against Swiss man Mr Uli and private beaches

webfact

1 minute ago, yankee99 said:

According to the news all elephants were/are rented except for one.

2500 baht for adults 1000 for kids to see them 

Apparently alot of his donations came from overseas for his so-called 'sanctuary '.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

The villagers are definitely getting restless, and they want a head on a pike.

Even the National Police Chief is commenting on this "case". He has ordered the CIB to fully investigate "David the Swissman".

Seems like there is a lot of animosity towards foreigners and tourists busting loose.

The amount of focus on this one case seems way out of proportion.

Seems like there is a lot of animosity towards foreigners and tourists busting loose. - Absolutely! With scum like these,  and their sympathisers... many heads will be on pikes at this rate.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is a perfect example of what happens when the Police don't enforce the laws for years. Are the police responsible for ensuring there is no encroachment on public beaches and other public lands? They were sure quick to tell the doctor about trespassing on private property yet it was public property. I imagine there are lots of other areas in Phuket where there is encroachment. 

The Phuket police should be reprimanded for the lax enforcement of property laws.

Edited by Banana7
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, ravip said:

Agree to all of the 'some of us'.

Even after doing ALL THAT, you cannot justify kicking a stranger in anyway - no, nothing can justify that.

How many millions of Baht should a 'foreigner' dump to be eligible to kick every one around?

Plenty of Thais living in the UK, EU, USA - how do you think it will be if they start kicking strangers in the UK, EU, USA? Would they be given a medal or some special status?

I never said for one minute he was justified nor that he shouldn't be punished, he should.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, wealthychef said:

The only reason this is getting attention is that the Thai victims were themselves upper class educated Thais.  If they had been poor they also would have been ignored.  It's not about race, it's about class.  It's always about rich vs. poor, because the rich generally have little to no sympathy for poor people.  https://www.psychologicalscience.org/news/rich-less-empathetic-than-poor-study-says.html

If this had been Chinese, the Chinese embassy would have gone nuclear.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

there is a video   he is guilty as charged by the young lady

The court case has already been decided?

From what I saw, the video is inconclusive about the kick. Foul language and a foot being used for sure, but not much of a kick as alleged.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ravip said:

Seems like there is a lot of animosity towards foreigners and tourists busting loose. - Absolutely! With scum like these,  and their sympathisers... many heads will be on pikes at this rate.

Yours too maybe, as you are also a foreigner.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

According to the news all elephants were/are rented except for one.

2500 baht for adults 1000 for kids to see them 

The elephant sanctuary is 100% legal and he had permits for all the animals. Doesn't sound as if they are rented to me.

Regardless, they still need to be paid for and kept. What will happen to them now? Who will pay to feed and take care of them?

What will happen to his staff also? They will all be out of work and receiving no salary.

All the people calling for his deportation won't stick a single Baht in to help. Doubt any of this even occurred to them in their faux outrage.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

This events described in the newspaper are frightening. Sooner or later he's going to hurt somebody seriously.

55 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The elephant sanctuary is 100% legal and he had permits for all the animals. Doesn't sound as if they are rented to me.

Regardless, they still need to be paid for and kept. What will happen to them now? Who will pay to feed and take care of them?

What will happen to his staff also? They will all be out of work and receiving no salary.

All the people calling for his deportation won't stick a single Baht in to help. Doubt any of this even occurred to them in their faux outrage.

Faux outrage over the poor elephants? And exaggerating the "what if" scenario much?

To be fair, TripAdvisor and Google Reviews for his "sanctuary" are extremely positive and it seems the animals are well cared for. But do you think he cares for them himself? Does he get up every morning to feed them, clean them etc?  Does he go and wave at his guests? It doesn't seem to me he has a very kind or service mind. If the bully gets deported (unlikely) the "sanctuary" will still exist, tourists will still pile in as it is very highly ranked, he'll still make a ton of money from it.. The elephants are going to be just fine, don't you worry your socks about it. But thanks for your faux concern.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Are you seriously suggesting that people should be deported for being "arrogant"    In that case they would do well to start with   people who use a word like "ajarn" in their user name.  Who on earth told you that would be a good Idea, 

Try reading beyond the opening word. I have never said people should be deported just for being arrogant. But misbehaviour from a minority of foreigners in Thailand is not welcomed by Thai people. And a refusal to give a genuine apology does not help.

• Thumbs Up 1

I bet his neighbours are not to happy all their property is being inspected, over 500 people outside his house that could have turned nasty I hope there was enough police to patrol them, Mob rule, 

Now go and demonstrate against the Russians buying up all your land and properties, Thais will not own anything soon, 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, geisha said:

Frankly, Thailand and especially Phuket deserves a big clean up. Whether Thai or foreign construction companies/ investors, Phuket and its once paradise beaches are being destroyed. Too many crooks , thieves and scammers , druggies and good for nothings. Ugly cheaply built condos everywhere, and Villa ghettos.  They have had free range, if ever a crackdown was needed , it’s now , and it’s on Phuket.  Local authorities, government , do the right thing, do your job. 

Hm,...Look at it this way, if Phuket and Pattaya attract all those dodgy ill intentioned people ?,....it is good that they are concentrated there in Sodom & Gomorrah and leave the rest of Thailand Alone,...plenty of beautiful, wonderful, peaceful places around,...

2 hours ago, Dexxter said:

Yes, I know where it is and no, I won't tell you.

You don’t know 💩. I checked your profile, you live in Nakon nowhere…where you belong 🤣

9 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Hm,...Look at it this way, if Phuket and Pattaya attract all those dodgy ill intentioned people ?,....it is good that they are concentrated there in Sodom & Gomorrah and leave the rest of Thailand Alone,...plenty of beautiful, wonderful, peaceful places around,...

People are moving off the island I know of 2 guys one moved last week and the other is going next month, 

• Like 1

This news has gone viral , it’s big talk throughout the whole country , they will have to set an example of this guys behaviour , deportation at the minimum or a huge fine with some  jail time 

• Like 1

If the journalists can't get the correct information of whether she is a doctor or a student. I wonder if the writers themselves are professional journalists or free lancers

He has legal standing until he doesn't

I wonder what % of protesters have a level of education beyond M2?....Sounds like the equivalence of MAGA members  

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

his extension is up for renewal the 13th>
what are the chances it will be denied???   55555
He said on channel 3 he had no big cop friend's<  than thye pulled out photos of him at his BD party with the tops cops at Thalang    

Big police is down form Bangkok now to try and sort it all out

• Like 1