Public anger boils over in protests in Phuket against Swiss man Mr Uli and private beaches

webfact

3 minutes ago, recom273 said:

One wonders if it was a well-heeled and connected Thai hi-so that lived in that villa that kicked a westerner who was “moon watching” if we would be reading a different story. 

Thailand - hub of mobs - the only thing is, I never hear of a mob outside the villas of any of the real criminals of this country. 

Get your hearing checked    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–2021_Thai_protests

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

on a Thai female doctor on February 24th. Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin (insetright) called for peace and harmony.

37 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

She is not an official doctor yet... she has not finished her study

So the PM is lying?  

1 hour ago, wealthychef said:

The only reason this is getting attention is that the Thai victims were themselves upper class educated Thais.  If they had been poor they also would have been ignored.  It's not about race, it's about class.  It's always about rich vs. poor, because the rich generally have little to no sympathy for poor people.  https://www.psychologicalscience.org/news/rich-less-empathetic-than-poor-study-says.html

There is also a chance had it been even a 'poor' Thai man or men they would have shot the pair of them.

Just saying.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Get educated mate.

I have been  -you seem confused .      "crimes are usually classified as either felonies or misdemeanors"   In the US   felonies are punishable by a year or more in prison.  

Edited by charleskerins
nm

46 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

There is also a chance had it been even a 'poor' Thai man or men they would have shot the pair of them.

Just saying.

This disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect persons of poor and mean condition, though necessary both to establish and to maintain the distinction of ranks and the order of society, is, at the same time, the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments. (TMS I.iii.3.1)

Adam Smith

56 minutes ago, bbko said:

You know there's a video of the incident right?

https://www.facebook.com/61556715937605/videos/422809223529464/

The video shows absolutely nothing, except the use of some strong language which the women probably could not understand,  Have you even actually watched it?  If so please enlighten us as to the exact point the assault takes place.  Did he allegedly assault the woman on the left or the woman on the right, I have now watched it dozens of times, also in slow motion and I would say there is absolutely no evidence of any "assault"      Come on prove me wrong, I'm not saying he behaved correctly and I am not disputing any claims the woman is making, but I am saying there is no evidence to back up her claims on that video

• Confused 3
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, geisha said:

Frankly, Thailand and especially Phuket deserves a big clean up. Whether Thai or foreign construction companies/ investors, Phuket and its once paradise beaches are being destroyed. Too many crooks , thieves and scammers , druggies and good for nothings. Ugly cheaply built condos everywhere, and Villa ghettos.  They have had free range, if ever a crackdown was needed , it’s now , and it’s on Phuket.  Local authorities, government , do the right thing, do your job. 

Everything you say is correct but Phuket has been like this for over 20 years. Nothing has or will change. 

What's the law converning beachfront properties? Which part of the beach actually belongs to the owner... I suppose it does not just stop at the water line 🙂

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Any man who hits a woman is nothing short of a sewer rat yes Thailand is different as I have heard many woman say they have been hit by the thai husband but that does not excuse this guy from hitting a woman not related to him the only punishment is to deport him back to his home country his thai wife is free to go with him as the Swiss will give her a visa 

Evidence of assault is required

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I would say in this case that a "Wai" and 500 bt would be a perfectly appropriate conclusion, at least it would have been before any media involvement and the congregation of a baying mob

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Kicking harmless people in their back is not acceptable under any circumstances. Personally I would like to see this Swiss thug deported, but he apparently has the means to buy his way out of the situation he has created. The fact is his behaviour is bad news for the reputation of all  Westerners living in Thailand.

100% agree