Public anger boils over in protests in Phuket against Swiss man Mr Uli and private beaches

webfact

I wonder if Swiss guy is deported, or made to leave the island in fear of his life, who will look after and pay for 15 elephants?

Going to get expensive, however I suspect the elephants will be the biggest losers here.

The country's national animal indeed. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Hindy said:

He should have kicked a falangs wife,then the Falange would have knocked fook out of him

and it would be all over

You reckon you could "take" him, right?     

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

That's exactly what the british said in 1773 at the Boston tea party... 

That little event did start of a chain reaction, went on for a few years I believe before the tea thieves who carried off what they could throwing the rest in the water became politicians.  Whatever were the outcome??

7 hours ago, Frankie baby said:

Everything seems to have been blown out of all proportion?

Really?

Please explain the correct details of the incident.

Or is it normal to kick strangers from where you come from?

1 hour ago, SymS said:

What's the law converning beachfront properties? Which part of the beach actually belongs to the owner... I suppose it does not just stop at the water line 🙂

If my extremely limited maritime law is correct any claim to land ends at the high water/tide mark. 

Now politicians/countries and the UN have agreed on economic zones as well as territorial zones/areas etc, that only in the South China Sea seems to be ignored, cannot defame chines you know??

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

IMO, we are not being told the full truth of what happened during that incident.

There is definitely a very minor road rage incident, but we only have one side of the story.

The Swiss guy apologised, but the ambulance driver is the one being charged under the computer crimes act for posting the story online.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Confused 1

Apart from this incident completely blown out of proportion by the media hellbent on fuelling the lowest xenophobic butthurt feelings, his real 'sin' is bringing media attention -  undesired to say the least by the local construction/property heavyweights. They might not be very happy having a light shone on their corrupt practices and thus the least of this clowns troubles will be of the legal variety.

Seems to be in realms of possibility, that he will be forcefully reminded of the damage he has done to the good reputation of the local real estate moguls ...... to serve as a warning to others.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The Swiss guy apologised, but the ambulance driver is the one being charged under the computer crimes act for posting the story online.

Yes and this has been consistent with many decisions handed down under the computer crimes act  in the last 10 years or so...

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, traveller101 said:

Apart from this incident completely blown out of proportion by the media hellbent on fuelling the lowest xenophobic butthurt feelings, his real 'sin' is bringing media attention -

It is so strong that I get the feeling that things get fuelled and orchestrated from somewhere. History from the 1930s Germany could be repeating itself in Thailand and this time being a Jew wouldn't make any difference.

6 hours ago, Nemises said:

Anyone know his address? I want to go and sit on the beach, one metre from his boundary. 

Yes, I know where it is and no, I won't tell you. This ridiculous situation has already been blown out of all proportion.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Ironmike said:

OK so again this is such big news a scumbag alleged to of kicked a women there's no markings on her body and no video as proof only her word,,,This is disgusting no man should ever hit a woman but it again asks what's more important this act or the drunken Russian woman that killed two kids and nothing has been done about that nor have their been any more reports or protesting,, just two dead bodies to be shipped home

there is a video   he is guilty as charged by the young lady

• Agree 1