Thai university lecturer tried to murder me and got away with it.

I still urge you to talk to a good lawyer,if you think this case will solve itself you are terrible naive.

Police will not follow up,you need to take action!

I thought you were smarter than that.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Apparently I bumped his car that made him angry

Was it accidental or deliberate ?

I doubt that he would have even noticed if your bag just brushed his car as claimed .

If you deliberately punched or kicked his car and drove off , they may have viewed it as you starting the confrontation 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Not forgetting this is the land where the Red Bull heir wiped out a copper and eluded any form of justice 🤔 

He had to move to london. Justice was served!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

the double standards in this country is revolting.

Unfortunately, this sad but true.

I have heard of stories where Thai judges have declared in the favor of a Thai national in an accident even though the accused was in the wrong stating that the accident would have never happened if the foreigner was not in the country🙄....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

This is such a sad and disturbing story. I am not going to add any needless armchair opinions or suggestions about taking action, etc. However, I wish you all the best and hope that you are able to make a full physical recovery. I also hope you are not in any danger of having any further issues related to this event. If something like this happened to me I might consider leaving the country and going to live elsewhere. I suspect there could be some PTSD issues from a traumatic experience like this and perhaps living somewhere else and in a new environment could help you to more easily forget what happened so that you can go on living a happier life. All the very best to you. 

Its reactive.

What if your bad attitude towards people in general resulted in this situation...albeit incredibly disproportionately

When you respect other people's property, maybe you don't squeeze through that gap thats just a bit too tight. Chaos theory and all that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Just now, BritManToo said:

Surprisingly, 4 months later, I'm almost back to normal health wise.

Lots of scarred skin on my arm and leg, lost some movement in my shoulder, but I've just started my 20Km cycle rides again.

That's great news. I'm very glad to hear it. They say that there is always a silver lining in everything and I guess if there is any silver lining in any of this then it is the fact that you survived and are still thriving and being prosperous and productive with your life, which is indeed a blessing.

The notion that the things in life that don't kill you can often make you stronger also comes to mind. 🙏🏻

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

Avoid Thai males like the plague.

Obviously, altercations are a serious NoNo 

The Thai just1ce system doesn't give a rat's a$$ for us.

Is shtf, and it seems you will be taken to the cleaners, head for the airport.

Thais would do it without hesitation 

Dont grow roots here.

Utter BS

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've never considered killing or assaulting a Thai that bumped my car, for any reason, from any position.

When they squeeze between the gaps and bump my door or my mirror, I just wave them on.

When a MaeJo university student rammed his m/c into my rear bumper at some red traffic lights, I picked him up and helped him on his way. No thoughts of harming him ever crossed my mind.

No harsh words from me, small bumps and knocks are part of everyday life in the big city.

Are we getting a bit closer to the full story ?

Did his wing mirror get damaged when you accidently  squeezed past him ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

No lawyer required as he signed a confession, it's up to the court to proceed.

Imagine what would happen to one of us foreigners if we ran down a Thai because 'we were angry'?

If they confessed, get a lawyer and sue them civilly. 

If your insurance paid your damages, get them involved as well. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

Avoid Thai males like the plague.

Obviously, altercations are a serious NoNo 

The Thai just1ce system doesn't give a rat's a$$ for us.

Is shtf, and it seems you will be taken to the cleaners, head for the airport.

Thais would do it without hesitation 

Dont grow roots here.

Rubbish.

It's all to do with who has most influence, and the foreigner in question obviously doesn't have any.

If you are living here for a long time, you have to integrate and get influence or you'll be run over.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP is illiterate so is easy meat.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's frustrating that a foreigner speaking rudely to a Thai doctor gets instant court action.

He kicked her in the back and his wife threatened to kill her. He has a history of being a bastard: 

• Thumbs Up 1