Thai university lecturer tried to murder me and got away with it.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

we? who is this we?

bob.

I think he's referring to we as in 'us'....  but not you... 

i.e. us Normal people who do not cause upset and offence at every turn...

... those of us capable of living normal lives without upsetting all the Thai's around us or for some reason being upset at them all the time...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Apparently, my misses thinks things are happening but very slowly.

(I've told her I won't be bringing anymore money into Thailand until this guy is in jail)

It's frustrating that a foreigner speaking rudely to a Thai doctor gets instant court action.

But a Thai attempting to kill a foreigner is not important!

I'm sure the British press/media would love the story.

From a "third party" obviously.

It could roll quite nicely.....all the way back to Thailand.

Especially if the third party were to make it clear that you were unable to say anything or take any action against the would-be murderer, because they would ruin you in the courts with the disgustingly preferential, wealth, influence, elite protecting defamation laws.

Would make a nice sequel to the Koh Tao case.

Edited by Enoon

IF BritManToo had scratched the guy's car, flipped him the bird, told him his mother wore army boots, was flying a British flag on his motorbike, and mooned him ... would that justify "attempted murder" or even vehicular assault?

Well, there's the mooning ... :unsure:

But the others?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Man, don't you know how things work for them?

He woke up at 6 o'clock, went to give food and money to monks, kissed their feet and done his merit.

He's forgiven now, and probably got a promotion in the university.

Edited by zhounan

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You do need a good lawyer, to make sure they follow up on things and to let him pay for psychological damages too.

Exactly ,Mind & bodily harm .

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

27 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:
1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

It's frustrating that a foreigner speaking rudely to a Thai doctor gets instant court action.

He kicked her in the back and his wife threatened to kill her. He has a history of being a bastard: 

And she filed civil action... .

What legal action have you taken Brit ???...  have you instigated any legal action at all ???

OR, as I suspect, have you simply sat back and let everyone else get on with it... and as your medical bills etc are all covered the police consider the matter closed and can't be bothered to pursue criminal action because that takes effort, and why bother with that effort when no one is there pushing them....  ???? (i.e. you have not filed any legal complaint).

Have you even gone as far as filing a police report / complaint against the driver BritMan ???   

I suspect not, but that also means you have no right to say the police are treating you differently because you are a foreigner, the simple fact is, you are behaving differently because you are a foreigner and not filing any legal complaint - the cause of inaction is your own inaction. 

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Is this the make up stories to see how many clicks you can get week?

Good job

Why are you always accusing people of making up stories ?....    in another thread you accused a poster of making up a story because within that story he quoted a starbucks coffee cost 100 baht.... 

Are you someone who makes up stories to get attention, so levy the same accusation at others ?

Brit has a long posting history on here, there's no reason for him to make this up.

He's also mentioned his motorcycle accident a number of times before over the past few months. 

Thus - the only trolling here is yous... perhaps take a step back and look at peoples posting history before calling them a liar ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jvs said:

I still urge you to talk to a good lawyer,if you think this case will solve itself you are terrible naive.

Police will not follow up,you need to take action!

I thought you were smarter than that.

Lawyer will cost him money and, since his medical costs were paid and he has (I gather) no permanent damage, he's not going to be able to collect anything by way of compensation.

• Agree 2

I feel like the OP is leaving out part of the story. Why don't you tell us exactly what happened?

If the story goes, I drove and knocked the mirror off the Vehicle, stopped and turned around and then tried to get away.

Driver chased me down and smashed into me. It still doesn't justify what the driver done.
With the injuries described there's not much that hitting somebody's car can have justified this reaction. 

The only argument someone could have for doing this is if this was done to them or a loved one, even then im not sure if it's justified. 

Id like to know exactly what happened though because if what is described happened to me I would be doing everything in my power 

to get this all over the media and making a hell of a big deal about it. I think most people would unless they have something else to hide.  No better time than now with all the headlines in the media also. 

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Actually " When European colonial powers threatened in the 19th and 20th centuries, Thailand managed to escape as the only country not to fall under colonial rule. This was due to a compromise between the French and British to keep it as a neutral territory between them."

There was a bit more to it than that.

They mocked up a fake historical stone, set some countries against others, sweet talked the right people. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Khamhaeng_Inscription

Thais are very smart. Even prostitutes get more than just payment for sex like hookers in most countries. Farangs are falling over themselves to buy them houses, support their SOCKS and other family members, the buffaloes etc

Smart people the Thais. If the French or Brits had tried it they would have lost.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Lawyer will cost him money and, since his medical costs were paid and he has (I gather) no permanent damage, he's not going to be able to collect anything by way of compensation.

According to himself he is waiting for something to happen and without contacting a lawyer nothing will happen for sure.

Instead of complaining here he should talk to a lawyer about what the possibilities are.

58 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Still driving without a license? No sympathy for foreigners on motorbikes here that can't ride.

I got him beat, as I bought a 750cc, no license, never really rode before.  Buddy showed me the shifter, 1 down 4 up, brakes, and best advise ever; 

... don't freeze up

... push handlebar down to where you want to go if emergency evasion needed

... if you go over the handlebars, move left or right, as the MC will coming your way.

"OK, now what do I do ?"  Take if for ride, teach yourself how to drive it.

Friends were betting how fast I'd kill myself ... bastards :coffee1:

Drove one 350cc around the corner once, hit a house, a good thing, and scared the sh!t out of me, for 8 years, making me respect the  power they had when I finally did buy one.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

I do feel for the OP but in his posting history he goes out of his way to say he has no interaction with the Thai people and is very proud of that. Does not know any, not even his neighbors and speaks to nobody as well.  From not integrating at all into Thai society it seems he genuinely did not know what to do after the accident and still does not know what to do now. So I for one have no advice I can give to him.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Its not just the senseless physical assault here either, knowing who and why must have a psychological effect and harm too.

I would be taking it to the press!  exposing this as much as possible.

possibly facing defamation charges if he does that

12 minutes ago, marin said:

I do feel for the OP but in his posting history he goes out of his way to say he has no interaction with the Thai people and is very proud of that. Does not know any, not even his neighbors and speaks to nobody as well.  From not integrating at all into Thai society it seems he genuinely did not know what to do after the accident and still does not know what to do now. So I for one have no advice I can give to him.  

After the accident, there wasn't much I could do as I couldn't walk, it was bed or wheelchair for 2 months.

At the start in hospital they told my wife I might not survive.

• Like 2

Just to note that in Thailand there is no contingency payment allowed. 'Getting a lawyer' in any complicated incident as is this could mean a considerable fee up-front to even determine a course of action.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My gov min insurance agreed to run a tab up to 30kbht at my local hospital 2 days after the hit.

His 1st class insurance agreed to pay for everything the day after the police tracked him own (about a week after the hit), pay my m/c repairs, pay my medical bills, pay me a daily compensation until medical care no longer required.

Not sure who picked up the hospital bill in the end, was only 13kbht, government hospitals are cheap.

His insurance paid 25kbht for the m/c repair direct to Honda.

Waiting on the daily compensation payment  as I was only given the medical all clear 2 weeks back.

Unlike the Thais, I'm not that interested in making money out of this, but would prefer to see a custodial sentence handed out just to stop him doing this to someone else. If he ain't punished, he'll do it again, and maybe succeed next time.

I'm surprised you still aren't how does justice work in Thailand after all these years?

It's just a question of money for repairs of damage of any type, even killings are summed up in money in the beginning.

So I don't advise you to go ahead if you don't want to lose money unnecessarily.

Evidently it is a frustration of not seeing the culprit behind bars but it will never happen, road accidents are not considered a reason for murder unless proven and admitted by the accused, so hire a lawyer and you can be sure that you will lose money which is not the case, the best solution is to lower your frustration.

I hope that you heal and can overcome your frustration, not forgetting that we are in Thailand and you are a foreigner where the law is "almost" the same for everyone.