Nicaragua files case at World Court accusing Germany of aiding Israel’s ‘genocide’

14 hours ago, Social Media said:

The timing of Nicaragua's filing is significant, coming on the heels of a damning report by a panel of UN-backed human rights experts, which accused the Latin American country of systematic human rights abuses akin to crimes against humanity

Let me guess, the most effective/vocal/leading human rights expert on the panel was a German?

Nicaragua where Senor Ortega won the 2018 election having banned the opposition party, imprisoned his opponents, suppressed the Church for having criticizing his human rights record,(one Bishop has been stripped of his citizenship and sentenced to 29 years most of the rest of the bishops and clergy have been expelled from the country), put his wife on the ballot as his Vice President and is no doubt looking forward to a resounding inevitable success in this years Presidential Election. He. Is so popular that his party won all the seats in the 2022 municipal elections!

I wonder, what is the correct radical chic scarf or garment to wear when marching in London or Washington DC in support of this much maligned democrat?

It really is a "through the looking glass world" isn't it?

Edited by herfiehandbag

Just now, ozimoron said:

And yet you posted and quoted form a link that said there had been 8 wars

Wrong topic, and wrong quote

"The hostilities constitute the fifth war of the Gaza–Israel conflict since 2008."

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Wrong topic, and wrong quote

"The hostilities constitute the fifth war of the Gaza–Israel conflict since 2008."

Its relevant as it shows how you are all over the map on this issue.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Its relevant as it shows how you are all over the map on this issue.

Why am I over the map, you just said this: "And yet you posted and quoted form a link that said there had been 8 wars"

Wrong, I never said that, I said "The hostilities constitute the fifth war of the Gaza–Israel conflict since 2008."

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I sent you this article to give you some context. October 7th would not have happened if the Likud had not bolstered Hamas for years in order to sabotage any possibility of a Palestinian state. You do understand the concept of nuance, I am sure. Palestinian children are dying of thirst and hunger this very moment and nothing justifies that, unless they are "preemptively killing terrorists" which is a dubious notion to say the least.

Also, a much-needed historical reminder:

The Nakba:

Five Palestinian towns massacred 75 years ago
Thousands of Palestinians were killed and tens of thousands expelled during and after the creation of the Israeli state in 1948.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/15/the-nakba-five-palestinian-towns-massacred-75-years-ago

You don't think this has been discussed numerous times in the last 5 months? I also don't read AJ who employees terrorist reporters

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rattlesnake said:

In that case you should know better than to engage in the "It's Hamas who are the terrorists" dichotomy.

You should know better than to troll. Hamas are terrorist's but then from a Putin supporter and flat earther I am not surprised you hold such bizarre views

• Agree 1

A post with a link to an unapproved source contravening our Community Standards and the replies have been removed:

• Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

A post with defamatory comments to another member contravening our Community Standards and the replies have been removed:

• Post in a truthful manner and do not post defamatory comments

Some off topic deflection posts and replies contravening our Community Standards have been removed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

UN agency accuses Israel of detaining, coercing staffers into false confessions about ties to Hamas

The allegations are part of an as yet unpublished report compiled by UNRWA alleging Israel’s widespread physical and psychological abuse of Palestinians detained in Gaza during the war, including 21 UNRWA staff members, some of whom said they were beaten and threatened.

[...]

The detainees cited in the report gave testimony of beatings, sleep deprivation, sexual abuse and threats of sexual violence against both men and women detained by the Israeli military. Some of the detainees are also reported to have died while in Israeli custody, at times allegedly as a result of the abuse they suffered in detention.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/04/middleeast/un-israel-confessions-allegations-intl/index.html#:~:text=According to the UNRWA report,access to food or water.

Topic: Nicaragua files case at World Court accusing Germany of aiding Israel’s ‘genocide’

Just now, rattlesnake said:

Don't be so defensive, I am merely pointing out contradictions in your claims and providing you with essential background information as you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

There are no contradictions in my claims, you are trolling nothing else.

7 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Don't give yourself too much importance, I use this platform and several others to shed light on the reality of Zionism.

Do you off topic troll and make personals slurs on the other platforms too?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh, what a tangled web we weave.

The irony is wonderful.

Of all the countries in the world, Germany should be at the forefront of efforts to stop the ongoing atrocities in Palestine, but instead it colludes with the oppressor.

To be fair to Germany, their guilt runs very deep and rightly so. My dad never trusted them to his dying breath in 1996 having fought them in WW2.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh, what a tangled web we weave.

The irony is wonderful.

Of all the countries in the world, Germany should be at the forefront of efforts to stop the ongoing atrocities in Palestine, but instead it colludes with the oppressor.

Germany opposes the mass killings of Jews .

Germany previously sided with the Palestinians in WW2 to eradicate Jews , Germany had a regime change and they no longer want to eradicate Jews

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Five months ago, Israel initiated unprecedented offensive against Gaza, utilizing extensive resources in terms of manpower, equipment, and finances, supported by billions of dollars in aid from the US, UK, Germany, and other Western nations. Despite these overwhelming advantages, Israel failed to overcome a small group of fighters surrounded on all sides in a confined area lacking air force, air defense, tanks, water, food, and military supplies.

The question arises: what would transpire if Israel were to engage in a genuine war against a nation or multiple nations equipped with a substantial army, air force, and military hardware? The likelihood is that Israel would crumble within hours. No doubt this day is coming sooner or later.

Retaliating against hospitals and starving civilians out of frustration is a reprehensible and cowardly act, and the world will not easily forget the daily atrocities and horror which we all have been witnessing daily for so long.

The question arises: what would transpire if Israel were to engage in a genuine war against a nation or multiple nations

Egypt, Jordan, and Syria in 6 days. Shows how careful they are being in Gaza because of human shields

22 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why am I over the map, you just said this: "And yet you posted and quoted form a link that said there had been 8 wars"

Wrong, I never said that, I said "The hostilities constitute the fifth war of the Gaza–Israel conflict since 2008."

OK, the number doesn't matter. Your huge contradiction does. You're clutching at straws to duck the point again.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

OK, the number doesn't matter. Your huge contradiction does. You're clutching at straws to duck the point again.

Hyperbole. What contradictions. Link to those in this string

The topic of this thread is:

Nicaragua files case at World Court accusing Germany of aiding Israel’s ‘genocide’

Don't be surprised if posts disappear if you do not keep to it in general way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1