British SAS soldiers arrested on suspicion of murdering a Islamic Jihad operative in Syria

Social Media

Being arrested does not mean that they are automatically locked up. 

They maybe on open arrest, confined to quarters or barracks. 

I am certain that they had rules of engagement like every other conflict demands.  High value targets would have been identified before going into the mission. 

Anything out of the ordinary would have been passed along the chain of command before a hit was authorised, unless there was an immediate threat of danger/loss of life or other events (That are covered in ROI). 

These soldiers are aware of the rules.  They should not be procecuted if they are carrying out lawful orders of their superiors. 

10 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

It was Military Commanders that sent the files to the Service Prosecuting Authority recommending murder charges against the five soldiers.

The military justice system is different from civilian courts.

https://www.judiciary.uk/about-the-judiciary/our-justice-system/jurisdictions/military-jurisdiction/

Ahhhh the old boys network. 

(Commissioned Officers/Fools). 

Breaker Morant here we go... 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, James105 said:

Ok, fine.  In a cemetery there is a block of stone that recognises how many Jewish people died which numbered about 6 million jews.  I suspect it cost no more than £10000 to put up.   Now, why would there specifically need to be £1,000,000 spent on the muslim contribution to the war efforts?   What did muslims do over and above the Hindus, the Buddhists, the atheists, the scientologists, the christians or catholics that justifies this expenditure.  And why specifically now?   

These stories do not seem random.  Nobody (as far as I know) was pushing for SAS troops to be arrested for using excessive force against a terrorist in a war 2 years ago, nor was anyone pushing for muslims specifically to have their own war memorial.   So why now?  

You’ll have to ask the Government, I simply corrected the error on the post:

’No other religion has a special memorial for this, just memorials that commemorate all those who sacrificed their lives in these wars.’

Feel free not to ask the Government and resort to wild conspiracies.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

Because England is a broken s@#$ hole...unfortunately...run by people who only want to help minorities....

If you were an American, you’d be a Trumper.

I feel your pain 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Have you considered terminating your UK citizenship, purchasing a one way ticket to any Middle Eastern or Muslim country popular with jihadist?

You could be their expat poster child.

You might be mistaken on his citizenship.

Edited by youreavinalaff

1 minute ago, Martin71 said:

January.. London where I was born and bred...  

So, the area of London where you live is, in your opinion, a s$#t hole?

I can assure you, the whole country certainly is not.

You are exaggerating for effect. Didn't work.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

You might be mistaken on his citizenship.

You could be right.  He sounds like one of the loony Citizens of The World types.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

Use of excessive force not allowed in a war. OK.

What a dumb statement mate.  Excessive force is exactly what it required in War, its called bringing overwilling force to bear on the enemy and its the cornerstone of combat.  You are getting mixed up with 'Military Aid to the Civil Power', which is an entirely different situation. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

What a dumb statement mate.  Excessive force is exactly what it required in War, its called bringing overwilling force to bear on the enemy and its the cornerstone of combat.  You are getting mixed up with 'Military Aid to the Civil Power', which is an entirely different situation. 

Not getting confused with anything. That was what I meant, that was what the 'OK' was about - meant to be sarcastic. perhaps I should have used a rolls eyes emoji or something.  Jeez, and you called me dumb, also it's "overwhelming" not 'overwilling'. I forget the ratio generally regarded as required - 3:1 in manpower and firepower - maybe more?

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1

Re my post: 'Use of excessive force not allowed in a war. OK.'

The point I was making/trying to make was that in war you seek to be able to deploy overwhelming force to win, but it seems the soldiers are being charged for effectively doing just that. The 'OK' was meant as in: 'er right OK, then' i.e. being sarcastic.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

These soldiers are aware of the rules.  They should not be procecuted if they are carrying out lawful orders of their superiors.

That may be the nub of it. As I understand, a serviceman has two options. He either obeys his orders or refuses. When he has chosen to obey an unlawful order he can be arrested and tried in a civilian criminal court.