British SAS soldiers arrested on suspicion of murdering a Islamic Jihad operative in Syria

Social Media

9 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

The police and military may attract thugs and bullies but they are weeded out very early on in the recruitment process. 

Leaving out the police, I hope you are referring to the recruitment process for the special forces.

When I joined up it was when Vietnam was on and as long as one could walk and speak English we were in. The service was chocka with mini Hitlers, which was why I took my very expensive training and departed the service, 11 years later. I even had to be transfered to a different unit for my last few months as the SM in charge of my unit was bullying me too much.

Perhaps it's different in a peace time service, but the last time I looked the NZ military was hemorrhaging men.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I am aware of the alternatives to military jail having had CB myself, which is why I included an assuming in "Assuming that they were in a military jail"

Guys like that don't need to tell lies about what happens on active service, so if they said it was necessary it was.

Being arrested does not mean they've been charged, they are still on active duty while an investigation goes on.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Leaving out the police, I hope you are referring to the recruitment process for the special forces.

When I joined up it was when Vietnam was on and as long as one could walk and speak English we were in. The service was chocka with mini Hitlers, which was why I took my very expensive training and departed the service, 11 years later. I even had to be transfered to a different unit for my last few months as the SM in charge of my unit was bullying me too much.

Perhaps it's different in a peace time service, but the last time I looked the NZ military was hemorrhaging men.

The Vietnam era was a different time and I agree with what you have said. 

By the time I joined up that war was over but a lot of Vets were still serving.  Some were very hard men, a few were a holes. But most were good. 

I had a SM who was out to get me, in the end I just accepted a charge to get him off my back.  The OC called me back after orders and questioned me without the SM in his office. 

He understood my reasoning to accept the charge although I had witnesses to get off it.  I believe he had a few words to the SM later. I never had a problem with him again. 

Regarding the haemorrhage of soldiers leaving the NZ Army,  covid possibly caused a lot of that. They were used as security guards stationed at Hotels throughout NZ. 

It was a thankless task and boring as hell from what I heard.  The  majority of those stated that it wasnt what they believed they had signed up for.  Moral was very low. 

There are a lot of other factors that have probably undermined what was once a reasonable "occupation". 

One young 2Lt I spoke too about a year ago said he'd put his papers in due to the political BS or PC crap that had found its way into the system.  i. e  They had to undergo sexual identity training!  He said they were informed of 24 specific genders they needed to be aware of.  WTF

I've retired back in 04 after 23.5yrs.  I enjoyed it.  Worked hard, played harder! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

The Vietnam era was a different time and I agree with what you have said. 

By the time I joined up that war was over but a lot of Vets were still serving.  Some were very hard men, a few were a holes. But most were good. 

I had a SM who was out to get me, in the end I just accepted a charge to get him off my back.  The OC called me back after orders and questioned me without the SM in his office. 

He understood my reasoning to accept the charge although I had witnesses to get off it.  I believe he had a few words to the SM later. I never had a problem with him again. 

Regarding the haemorrhage of soldiers leaving the NZ Army,  covid possibly caused a lot of that. They were used as security guards stationed at Hotels throughout NZ. 

It was a thankless task and boring as hell from what I heard.  The  majority of those stated that it wasnt what they believed they had signed up for.  Moral was very low. 

There are a lot of other factors that have probably undermined what was once a reasonable "occupation". 

One young 2Lt I spoke too about a year ago said he'd put his papers in due to the political BS or PC crap that had found its way into the system.  i. e  They had to undergo sexual identity training!  He said they were informed of 24 specific genders they needed to be aware of.  WTF

I've retired back in 04 after 23.5yrs.  I enjoyed it.  Worked hard, played harder! 

Good for you.

I loved the military till Vietnam was over for us and most of the switched on NCOs left. After that it was just glide path to exit. Didn't help that I was posted to Trentham- the most boring hole the military inhabited.

I'm so glad I missed all that woke training as being old enough to leave western organisation work to live in LOS. It's all got so politically stupid with "gender and cultural" training now.

They were used as security guards stationed at Hotels throughout NZ. 

I wonder if they had anything to protect themselves. I was at Ft Dorset during some troubled times and I had to do security patrols, but we were not given as much as a stick. I suppose we had to talk them to death if attacked.

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wonder if they had anything to protect themselves. I was at Ft Dorset during some troubled times and I had to do security patrols, but we were not given as much as a stick. I suppose we had to talk them to death if attacked

A fine example of the military identifying a recruit’s innate skills.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Good for you.

I loved the military till Vietnam was over for us and most of the switched on NCOs left. After that it was just glide path to exit. Didn't help that I was posted to Trentham- the most boring hole the military inhabited.

I'm so glad I missed all that woke training as being old enough to leave western organisation work to live in LOS. It's all got so politically stupid with "gender and cultural" training now.

They were used as security guards stationed at Hotels throughout NZ. 

I wonder if they had anything to protect themselves. I was at Ft Dorset during some troubled times and I had to do security patrols, but we were not given as much as a stick. I suppose we had to talk them to death if attacked.

Ha!  I got stuck at Trentham for far to long as well.  Through postings Burnham, Waiouru, Singapore, Linton and Trentham (twice). I spent 9 years in Trentham... agree it's a really boring place.  But then I hated Wellington as a city too. 

Enjoyed a 6 month tour in Somalia and 6 months in East Timor.  Although the Mog (Mogadishu) was a real <deleted>e hole,  we really had a good time there. 

This is my 2nd time to LOS.  Last time was for 6yrs in Chiang Mai,  now in Korat since Nov 23.

Its good to be back. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

It's because the UK is governed by Arabs now, shame.

You are confusing the UK with another country or, alternatively, have been misinformed: The UK is not governed by Arabs.

1 hour ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Ha!  I got stuck at Trentham for far to long as well.  Through postings Burnham, Waiouru, Singapore, Linton and Trentham (twice). I spent 9 years in Trentham... agree it's a really boring place.  But then I hated Wellington as a city too. 

I was wondering if we knew each other, but I didn't work with anyone in NZ that was posted to Singapore, so that's a no. I was fortunate enough to spend 29 months there. Had a wonderful time. Real bummer going back to a posting in Waiouru in winter.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:46 AM, BritManToo said:

I was only obeying zee orders!

Troops should only be used for defending their countries, killing foreigners in their own countries is entirely unacceptable.

Don't tell him Pike.................:ermm:

• Haha 1

Now that 5 active or past SAS members have been arrested, does that mean Pattaya  by default ASEAN now is down 5 members? (Because there seem to be soooo many "ex special forces / black ops" people in Thailand.😉

Edited by This Guy

Ben Roberts-Smith VC  -  consult Prof Google before jumping to outrage.  Let the legal process proceed and await the determination of the facts, not ignorant emotions 

• Agree 1

I remember about 60 years ago in Cyprus somebody tossed a grenade through the mess hall window. Killed a couple and injured a few. They chased after him ,caught him and dragged him back. They hung him right there in the mess hall, got in a bit of <deleted> but not much,

• Love It 2

On 3/7/2024 at 12:24 PM, James105 said:

2 years ago.  Wonder why they felt the need to do this today, and publicise it heavily as well.   The chancellor announced in the budget yesterday - the very first thing he mentioned in fact - that there would be a million pounds given to a special muslim memorial for muslims who participated in WW1 and WW2.   No other religion has a special memorial for this, just memorials that commemorate all those who sacrificed their lives in these wars.

What on earth is going on with the UK that has turned this once proud nation into (at least at governmental level) appeasers for the religion of "peace"?  

I could swear that I used to pass a memorial in London to fallen ANZAC

fighters in WW2. Okay, maybe not a memorial to a specific religion but hey, why let this get in the way of a not so nuanced Islamaphobic rant.

• Sad 1

On 3/7/2024 at 11:46 AM, BritManToo said:

I was only obeying zee orders!

Troops should only be used for defending their countries, killing foreigners in their own countries is entirely unacceptable.

If you could, .....  would you order the SAS to take out Putin and his gang  ?  ?

21 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

The police and military may attract thugs and bullies but they are weeded out very early on in the recruitment process. 

If you had given any of your precious time to the services then perhaps you'd know this. 

Otherwise carry on with your misconceived armchair attack on those that fight for your liberties. 

Loser. 

Weeded out? Have you followed the case of the Met copper than raped and assaulted tens of women? No they are not weeded out that's why they rape and abuse unarmed civilians like we see in with the IDF thugs in Gaza, shoot the women yeah no problem sarge!, shoot there kids too, yeah no problem sarge!....e=ffing psychos. NZ might weed them out, Aus doesn't neither does the UK or the US. Only Ays owned up to a problem when it couldn't plausibly deny it, as the UK has just done. The US gives war criminals Purple Hearts. 

21 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

If you had given any of your precious time to the services then perhaps you'd know this. 

Otherwise carry on with your misconceived armchair attack on those that fight for your liberties. 

Loser. 

AS I said screw the military and the police. 

2 hours ago, retarius said:

Weeded out? Have you followed the case of the Met copper than raped and assaulted tens of women? No they are not weeded out that's why they rape and abuse unarmed civilians like we see in with the IDF thugs in Gaza, shoot the women yeah no problem sarge!, shoot there kids too, yeah no problem sarge!....e=ffing psychos. NZ might weed them out, Aus doesn't neither does the UK or the US. Only Ays owned up to a problem when it couldn't plausibly deny it, as the UK has just done. The US gives war criminals Purple Hearts. 

I notice you failed to offer a link to your bobbie bombshell, would you like to provide a link?

2 hours ago, James105 said:

ANZAC is quite obviously not a religion so a bit pointless mentioning that don't you think?  What specifically did I say that was "Islamaphobic" (sic) in your opinion, or do you just like to throw around a word (to quote Christopher Hitchens) invented by fascists, used by cowards to manipulate morons without meaning or purpose to make you feel virtuous in some misguided way?      

love a good Hitchslap

Coincidently, I had just watched the final episode of the excellent "SAS, rogue heroes" series when this news came out.  It's a semi factual account of the creation of the SAS during WW2 in North Africa.  In this episode, Churchill meets the first commanding officer of the SAS, David Stirling, in Cairo - which did actually happen after the fall of Tobruk in 1942, and tells him to "forget the etiquettes of war, do whatever it takes".  (On an aside, in a previous episode, Churchill's son, Randolph, was sent by him to accompany the SAS on a mission where he could easily have been killed.  This too actually happened, and the report he made to his father on his return drove Churchill's support for the SAS).  I wonder what these brave men would make of this?

Of course, these days it's become fashionable to deprecate Churchill - rightly in some instances, but he understood that the world was in a fight for survival, and what it took to win that fight.  It's also fashionable in some quarters to deprecate the military, something that has been done by people in those quarters well before our lifetimes.  Kipling pointed it out in his poem 'Tommy'; "making mock of uniforms that guard you while you sleep", which was cited by George Orwell in his own quote “We sleep soundly in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night to do violence on those who would harm us".  Politically polar opposites in agreement.  Pity there's so little of that these days.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/7/2024 at 10:45 AM, G_Money said:

That’s what he claims on the forum.

In a bar he has to have a cover story, so most likely tells the chap on the bar stool next to him he’s SAS, Delta, Rangers or SEAL.  

But not just any SEAL, DEVGRU.  

He could tell them he’s CIA, but he would have to kill the poor chap afterwards.  That’s lesson plan 5 at the CCC (CIA Correspondence Course).

He may appear online soon to confirm.  But be prepared for a very lengthy explanation.

Here's your long explanation, Stalkerboy.

To help with your ongoing obsession, and obvious confusion, not once did I claim DEVGRU. Those guys are always out in teams with lots of backup.

Agency guys, such as those in Ground Branch or just case officers in the DO, are in the field alone...no backup whatsoever. Sometimes just a change of appearance and a bag of money, plus language skills. We have weapons in the Station, but usually choose not to carry, because having a weapon would be kind of a giveaway as to our affiliation.

As for the men about whom this thread is written, I don't know the circumstances, so cannot comment. I do know, however, that sometimes in the field things get dicey. I do know that among field operatives of all types, whether intel or mil, Brits do have a reputation for being particularly aggressive. That reputation is also shared by Mossad and FSB/SVR.

Odd that you are so supportive of those SAS guys, but get obsessed with me and make ignorant comments about "correspondence course" or "pencil neck desk jockey". Other than evidencing your inferiority complex, it's just childish trolling. I assume you, as a trumper, are a Never Served bone spurs coward who thinks soldiers and spooks are "suckers and losers". As with trump, even a Code Pink protest would send shivers down your spine and have you running for your safe space.

By the way, I think I saw you recently in Pattaya.  Kind of a shortish fat guy riding some red scooter? A case officer's skills never leave him.

کس إختک اخ شرموطة   

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Here's your long explanation, Stalkerboy.

To help with your ongoing obsession, and obvious confusion, not once did I claim DEVGRU. Those guys are always out in teams with lots of backup.

Agency guys, such as those in Ground Branch or just case officers in the DO, are in the field alone...no backup whatsoever. Sometimes just a change of appearance and a bag of money, plus language skills. We have weapons in the Station, but usually choose not to carry, because having a weapon would be kind of a giveaway as to our affiliation.

As for the men about whom this thread is written, I don't know the circumstances, so cannot comment. I do know, however, that sometimes in the field things get dicey. I do know that among field operatives of all types, whether intel or mil, Brits do have a reputation for being particularly aggressive. That reputation is also shared by Mossad and FSB/SVR.

Odd that you are so supportive of those SAS guys, but get obsessed with me and make ignorant comments about "correspondence course" or "pencil neck desk jockey". Other than evidencing your inferiority complex, it's just childish trolling. I assume you, as a trumper, are a Never Served bone spurs coward who thinks soldiers and spooks are "suckers and losers". As with trump, even a Code Pink protest would send shivers down your spine and have you running for your safe space.

By the way, I think I saw you recently in Pattaya.  Kind of a shortish fat guy riding some red scooter? A case officer's skills never leave him.

کس إختک اخ شرموطة   

Your Arabic signature was the most impressive part of your post!  Your actual writing or a translation app?

I never claimed you were in DEVGRU.  Only that and other services mentioned could have been used as a cover story in a bar.  Re read.  I also know you were not in DEVGRU.  You would never fit in with your liberal mindset, let alone make it through BUD/S.

Indeed I’ve served proudly.  Unlike you, no need to try and impress anyone on an Internet forum.  

Have you? Or were you hired as a direct intern directly from college into CCC?

The hand held secret agent man satellite tracking device is impressive too.  You get to keep tabs on me wherever I am.  The other forum had nothing to do with your intel, no doubt.

I see you played hooky again during CCC lesson plan 7, “Keeping a low profile, especially on a public Internet forum”.

Should you really be talking about matters you posted in your reply?  I don’t think should and I’m sure Langley wouldn’t approve.

Big red flag!

Edited by G_Money