British SAS soldiers arrested on suspicion of murdering a Islamic Jihad operative in Syria

Social Media

image.png

In a startling development, five British special forces soldiers are now under arrest on suspicion of murder by military authorities. The allegations are tied to an incident involving the killing of a suspected member of Islamic Jihad in Syria in 2022. This revelation has sent shockwaves through the military community and raised serious questions about the conduct of British troops operating in conflict zones.

According to reports, military police have sent case files recommending that the soldiers be prosecuted for murder to the Service Prosecuting Authority. This authority is responsible for prosecuting offenses alleged to have been committed by military personnel. While the Ministry of Defense has declined to comment specifically on the case, they emphasized that any allegations of wrongdoing are taken very seriously and are thoroughly investigated.

The soldiers in question are members of the elite Special Air Service (SAS) unit, renowned for their high-risk operations and specialized training. They claim that the suspect they targeted posed a significant threat and that they believed he was about to carry out a suicide attack. However, military police have raised concerns that the level of force used may have been excessive.

Sources within the Service Prosecuting Authority have indicated that while the soldiers claim to have found a live suicide vest nearby, the suspect was not wearing it at the time of his death. This has led to questions about the justification for the use of lethal force in this particular situation.

These arrests mark the first time that British troops have faced such serious allegations in connection with their actions in suppressing ISIS in Syria and Iraq. It underscores the challenges and complexities of conducting military operations in conflict zones, where the line between self-defense and excessive force can often become blurred.

The SAS has been actively engaged in covert ground operations for more than a decade, primarily working alongside Kurdish Syrian Democratic Forces in the northeast of Syria. Their missions often involve calling in airstrikes by RAF Typhoon warplanes and drones against high-value targets identified by the special forces operatives on the ground.

In addition to their combat operations, the SAS has also been involved in rescue missions to retrieve British citizens, including children, who have been caught up in the conflict with ISIS. These operations highlight the versatility and adaptability of the SAS in responding to a wide range of security challenges.

However, these recent arrests cast a shadow over the reputation of the SAS and raise questions about the oversight and accountability mechanisms in place for British special forces. It remains to be seen how the prosecutions will proceed and what impact they will have on future military operations.

The arrests also come at a sensitive time, as the British government faces scrutiny over allegations of misconduct by the SAS in Afghanistan. An ongoing public inquiry is investigating claims that SAS operatives summarily executed civilians during the conflict with the Taliban insurgency. If these allegations are proven true, it could have far-reaching implications for the military and raise serious questions about the conduct of special forces operations in conflict zones.

In light of these developments, there are growing calls for greater transparency and accountability within the military, particularly when it comes to the conduct of special forces units. The public has a right to know what actions are being taken in their name, and there must be robust mechanisms in place to ensure that military personnel are held accountable for any wrongdoing.

As the investigations into these allegations continue, there is a pressing need for the military to uphold the highest standards of conduct and ensure that justice is served. The reputation of the SAS and the integrity of the British armed forces are at stake, and it is essential that all allegations of misconduct are thoroughly investigated and addressed.

Source

image.png

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

killing foreigners in their own countries is entirely unacceptable.

Agree, if the dead guy was in fact Syrian. He was probably just as foreign as they were.

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its perfectly OK for their side to commit war crimes , they can commit war crimes , but those they are fighting against cannot commit war crimes , because its wrong .

They can commit war crimes, but no one can commit war crimes against them .

"My side can do it, but your side cannot*

Not an argument I would make.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I once thought of applying to test for the SAS, and then I slapped myself and gave the idea up.

A mate of mine's son is currently undergoing selection for the SRR. Not quite the same but...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I actually agree with you on that, but there is nothing to say that the SAS guys did anything wrong while on active service in harm's way.

Isn’t determining that the pint of the investigation.

Clearly there are some significant concerns

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Seems like they were doing their job.

An Islamic Jihad operative, sounds like a killer to me.

I don't get it.

Would you support the Iranians assassinating MEK operatives in London?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

These stormtroopers were illegally invading Syria.

They should be turned over to the Syrian government for prosecution.

Rules-based interna.............oh, right.

😂............You wish................😂

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I once thought of applying to test for the SAS, and then I slapped myself and gave the idea up. The entry test is designed to weed out the less than amazing supermen already in the military and only the most real of real men will pass.

I was openly in respect of such men, and that's not something I did lightly.

That some wimpy bureaucratic nonentities should commit such an atrocity against them is IMO an outrage.

Yes not a good idea for some one who thinks that when invaded by another country to roll over and give up your land and freedom to join real men.

Wimpy?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1