Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
6 hours ago, WDSmart said:

The USA is now also siding with the Palestinian's call for a PERMANENT ceasefire.

And, Israel could not have provoked all these attacks by not siezing and occupying Palestinian land. 

Nope

Yep. What do you think is causing all the problems? 

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Muslims and Jews can be US citizens, too.

Yeah, I know that . 

I did mean that if they primarily ask Muslims , the results may differ to if they asked the general population .

Anyway , the results were public opinion rather than a change in USA Government policy 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

You asked for a link to my recommendations, so I gave you one.

I'm not one of the mediators, Hamas, Israel, Egypt, the US and Qatar are. They are not the ones discussing your recommendations in that link, they are irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm not one of the mediators, Hamas, Israel, Egypt, the US and Qatar are. They are not the ones discussing your recommendations in that link, they are irrelevant.

The mediators are discussing recommendations like the ones in my link. They are only irrelevant if you would only support one side's ultimatum.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

The mediators are discussing recommendations like the ones in my link. They are only irrelevant if you would only support one side's ultimatum.  

Recommendations like your ones......lol. Link to those discussions like your recommendations please?

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Recommendations like your ones......lol. Link to those discussions like your recommendations please?

There are no links to the actual discussions. They are private. You know that. 

@Jingthing or @Bkk Brian or any other of those here who are ardently pro-Israel...

I previously posted that I believe it is Israel's continual invasion and seizing of Palestinian land that is the leading cause of this conflict. Would a few of you tell me what you think is its cause? I think your answers will be very, very interesting. 

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

There are no links to the actual discussions. They are private. You know that. 

Not in your recommendations it seems along with all the other links that have details on the talks

From one hour ago.................

"The failure of Hamas, the Palestinian terror group holding Israelis captive in Gaza, to provide reliable information on the number of living hostages continues to hobble the ceasefire talks, a report in the Arab media claimed on Saturday."

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel-at-war/artc-items-from-gaza-aid-packets-wash-up-on-tel-aviv-beach-live-updates

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not in your recommendations it seems along with all the other links that have details on the talks

From one hour ago.................

"The failure of Hamas, the Palestinian terror group holding Israelis captive in Gaza, to provide reliable information on the number of living hostages continues to hobble the ceasefire talks, a report in the Arab media claimed on Saturday."

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel-at-war/artc-items-from-gaza-aid-packets-wash-up-on-tel-aviv-beach-live-updates

The discussions are private. Reports like this have been released or leaked from time to time, but they don't give any details on the actual discussions. They highlight areas of agreement or, like this one, obstacles.

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

The discussions are private. Reports like this have been released or leaked from time to time, but they don't give any details on the actual discussions. They highlight areas of agreement or, like this one, obstacles.

They are released because they were discussed , stop the deflection:

DUBAI, March 15 (Reuters) - Hamas has presented a Gaza ceasefire proposal to mediators and the U.S. that includes the release of Israeli hostages in exchange for freedom for Palestinian prisoners, 100 of whom are serving life sentences, according to a proposal seen by Reuters.
Hamas said the initial release of Israelis would include women, children, elderly and ill hostages in return for the release of 700-1,000 Palestinians held in Israeli prisons, according to the proposal. The release of Israeli "female recruits" is included.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/hamas-issues-ceasefire-proposal-mediators-which-includes-exchanging-2024-03-15/

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They are released because they were discussed , stop the deflection:

DUBAI, March 15 (Reuters) - Hamas has presented a Gaza ceasefire proposal to mediators and the U.S. that includes the release of Israeli hostages in exchange for freedom for Palestinian prisoners, 100 of whom are serving life sentences, according to a proposal seen by Reuters.
Hamas said the initial release of Israelis would include women, children, elderly and ill hostages in return for the release of 700-1,000 Palestinians held in Israeli prisons, according to the proposal. The release of Israeli "female recruits" is included.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/hamas-issues-ceasefire-proposal-mediators-which-includes-exchanging-2024-03-15/

They were released after being discussed, not during the discussion. 

And, are you going to answer my question of what you think is the leading or primary cause of this conflict?

They were released after being discussed, not during the discussion. 

And, are you going to answer my question of what you think is the leading or primary cause of this conflict?

Of course the talks are not live broadcast, time for a little maturity in this Smart. Its a lame deflection from your irrelevant recommendations that you say they may be discussing.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course the talks are not live broadcast, time for a little maturity in this Smart. Its a lame deflection from your irrelevant recommendations that you say they may be discussing.

Well, you're the one always demanding links to the discussions. I'm glad you've decided to quit spreading your Brians and admit that you are not so Smart in this situation. Let me clarify it for you: there are no links to the actual discussions. Sometimes, there are links to the discussions' topics, and sometimes there are links to the discussions' results—the proposals. 

Well, you're the one always demanding links to the discussions. I'm glad you've decided to quit spreading your Brians and admit that you are not so Smart in this situation. Let me clarify it for you: there are no links to the actual discussions. Sometimes, there are links to the discussions' topics, and sometimes there are links to the discussions' results—the proposals. 

You made a claim you cant support:

"The mediators are discussing recommendations like the ones in my link. They are only irrelevant if you would only support one side's ultimatum."

So you deflect instead.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

@Jingthing or @Bkk Brian or any other of those here who are ardently pro-Israel...

I previously posted that I believe it is Israel's continual invasion and seizing of Palestinian land that is the leading cause of this conflict. Would a few of you tell me what you think is its cause? I think your answers will be very, very interesting. 

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

You made a claim you cant support:

"The mediators are discussing recommendations like the ones in my link. They are only irrelevant if you would only support one side's ultimatum."

So you deflect instead.

Peeps get asked a serious question and for 5 posts you've only deflected, lol

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Peeps get asked a serious question and for 5 posts you've only deflected, lol

Peeps, keep counting and laughing, it may be an infinite number of posts, I did not make any claims regards that random question that is off topic to the current ceasefire in discussion.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Peeps, keep counting and laughing, it may be an infinite number of posts, I did not make any claims regards that random question that is off topic to the current ceasefire in discussion.

What ceasefire, when it happens it happens, this topic is an open one i.e. https://aseannow.com/topic/1321758-israel-is-at-war-general-discussion-pt3

of you could get with the program and answer the question posed, or at least have the courtesy to reply.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

What ceasefire, when it happens it happens, this topic is an open one i.e. https://aseannow.com/topic/1321758-israel-is-at-war-general-discussion-pt3

of you could get with the program and answer the question posed, or at least have the courtesy to reply.

This one, the one I and the other poster were talking about, got it?

Talks on hostage deal, ceasefire expected to resume Sunday in Doha – Egyptian officials

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/talks-on-hostage-deal-ceasefire-expected-to-resume-sunday-in-doha-egyptian-officials/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This one, the one I and the other poster were talking about, got it?

Talks on hostage deal, ceasefire expected to resume Sunday in Doha – Egyptian officials

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/talks-on-hostage-deal-ceasefire-expected-to-resume-sunday-in-doha-egyptian-officials/

Yes, this was reported on CNN this morning. As I posted earlier, we may get released or leaked reports on what is being discussed, but we won't get anything specific until there is a proposal from one side or, although very unlikely, an agreement is reached,

9 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, this was reported on CNN this morning. As I posted earlier, we may get released or leaked reports on what is being discussed, but we won't get anything specific until there is a proposal from one side or, although very unlikely, an agreement is reached,

😴 from last night. Time to move on

Oh dear, infighting. Fatah responds to Hamas criticism of new formation of PA government ‘without consulting Hamas

Fatah hits back at other Palestinian groups’ criticism over new PA prime minister

Palestinian Authority president Mahmoud Abbas’s Fatah party hit back at criticism on Friday by Hamas and other factions over his appointment of a new prime minister they said could deepen divisions.

Abbas appointed Mohammad Mustafa, a long-trusted adviser on economic affairs, as prime minister on Thursday and tasked him with forming a new government.

But the factions said in a statement Friday that “making individual decisions, and engaging in formal steps that are devoid of substance, like forming a new government without national consensus, is a reinforcement of a policy of exclusion and the deepening of division.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/fatah-hits-back-at-other-palestinian-groups-criticism-over-new-pa-prime-minister/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
28 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

😴 from last night. Time to move on

What do you mean, "Time to move on"? Those talks are just beginning today - now. 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh dear, infighting. Fatah responds to Hamas criticism of new formation of PA government ‘without consulting Hamas

Fatah hits back at other Palestinian groups’ criticism over new PA prime minister

Palestinian Authority president Mahmoud Abbas’s Fatah party hit back at criticism on Friday by Hamas and other factions over his appointment of a new prime minister they said could deepen divisions.

Abbas appointed Mohammad Mustafa, a long-trusted adviser on economic affairs, as prime minister on Thursday and tasked him with forming a new government.

But the factions said in a statement Friday that “making individual decisions, and engaging in formal steps that are devoid of substance, like forming a new government without national consensus, is a reinforcement of a policy of exclusion and the deepening of division.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/fatah-hits-back-at-other-palestinian-groups-criticism-over-new-pa-prime-minister/

Oh dear, infighting. Israelis protest Netanyahu and the Zionists and demand a new government! 

March 16
Israelis throughout the country demonstrated on Saturday evening against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government, demanding early elections.

Thousands gathered in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, and Be'er Sheva and Caesarea.
Thousands Protest Netanyahu Gov't Across Israel, Demand Gantz Ditch Wartime Coalition (msn.com)

Put both sets of politicians against the nearest wall and shoot the lot, then have new elections on both sides and then start proper negotiations, in the meantime have a UN enforced ceasefire with breeches of any kind, by either side civilian or military being punishable by a death sentence.

Hamas to release all hostages, and Israel to release all prisoners not convicted by trial by jury.

Problem sorted who's next?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

The terrorists are losing power.

Losing control of Gaza: Hamas crackdown on clans, civilians with new intensity - analysis
Hamas appears to sense that its rule over Gaza is in jeopardy and is returning to its roots as a thuggish, mafia-like organization, cracking down on Gazans who speak out against it and massacring people seeking humanitarian aid.
It appears now that Hamas is concerned it could be losing a grip on power. This comes as Israel has sought to enable humanitarian aid to enter Gaza via routes that avoid the Hamas “protection” that takes place in Rafah in southern Gaza. Hamas uses its control over aid to control Gaza.
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Here's my recommendation:
1. Immediate ceasefire and withdrawal of troops;

2. Partial release of hostages and exchange of prisoners (about half);

3. Implementation of a 3rd-party (like the UN) peacekeeping force;
4, Withdrawal of troops and permanent ceasefire;
5. Release of rest of hostages and exchange of all prisoners;
6. Forced talks on a two-state solution.

What a terrible disgusting suggestion, would the terrorists be allowed to keep the baby as that would gain them more bargaining power in your eyes. All the hostages must be released and the terrorists must lay down their weapons and that is the only viable answer to this war started by Hamas.

Sometimes I despair at your logic.🥴

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

What a terrible disgusting suggestion, would the terrorists be allowed to keep the baby as that would gain them more bargaining power in your eyes. All the hostages must be released and the terrorists must lay down their weapons and that is the only viable answer to this war started by Hamas.

And then what?

We carry on as before, Israel in charge of all aspects of life in Gaza?

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Wobblybob said:

Yes, If I were Hamas, I'd keep the "most valuable" hostages until last. They are the most valuable bargaining chips.

Hamas started this phase of this 80-plus-year-old war, but the war itself was a result of two peoples wanting to own the same piece of land.

It's only logical to keep a hold of your most valuable assets until the very end of the bargain.

All this is done using what I think would be a Hamas perspective. If it were me, I wouldn't have attacked Israel or taken hostages in the first place. 

17 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Any thoughts on this question yet?

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1