Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

I can't imagine how it would feel if one of my daughters was held in the terror tunnels but living her hell with her would be the only thought I could have. Here's the words of just one mother.

Meirav Berger: Hamas kidnapped my daughter. I don't know how much longer she can go on

Israeli hostage Agam Berger

It has been more than two hundred and nineteen thousand, one hundred and fifty minutes since I last spoke with my daughter Agam.

Yes, I’m counting the minutes. Not the hours, not the days, not the weeks or months. Minute-by-minute, my mind and body are in constant, excruciating pain as I wait for Agam, who was brutally kidnapped by Hamas terrorists on Oct. 7, to come back home.

The last I heard from the brave hostages who returned from the depths of the Gaza underground, she was in a dark, damp tunnel. They told me she, too, might be a victim of sexual violence.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/meirav-berger-hamas-kidnapped-my-daughter-i-dont-know-how-much-longer-she-can-go-on

• Love It 1

On 3/13/2024 at 10:57 PM, johng said:

It was intentional.

13,000 where terrorists ?? how was that ascertained ?  and even if they where which I doubt, what about the other thousands of innocent men,women and children dead at the hands of Israel/IDF... 

It probably came from the IDF, an organisation I wouldn't trust to tell the truth about anything to do with the Palestinians.

I have that opinion because of the "terrorist roster" that was a calendar and the babies in microwaves BS.

• Agree 1

On 3/13/2024 at 11:04 PM, Hummin said:

Is there any conflict with that statement and my posts? 

I have said I understand the mechanism leading to the final war, because it will be the final war! If not the neighbouring countries interfere, then the conflict will escalate in to a new dimension, and I believe that was what Hamas hoped for would happen. If neighbouring countries stays out, it will be the end of palestine, which I believe maybe the best for the future to come. 

We remember Sri Lanka, final conflict totally wiped out the Tamil Tigers last resistance. 

Genocide is the best weapon for peace. It is a final solution like it or not.

You are wrong on that. They can kill every Palestinian man woman and child in Gaza and the West Bank but millions are still living outside the israeli's reach, ready willing and able to take revenge, and they will be aided by countries such as Iran and Yemen.

Ironically, those Palestinians are living outside israel's reach because israelis drove their parents and grandparents out of israel in the first place in 1948. Self inflicted wound that, LOL.

Israel has sown the wind and the whirlwind is coming.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Agree 1

On 3/14/2024 at 12:00 AM, Jeff the Chef said:

You can repeat this mantra till you're both blue in the face, still doesn't wash as far as I'm concerned. 

There will be wars here till Israel accepts a 2 State solution.

Indeed. Israelis will have the never ending war, and will live in fear for many many decades or even centuries, if they do not recognise that Palestinians are people with the same desires for freedom as any other people on the planet and not vermin to be exterminated.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are wrong on that. They can kill every Palestinian man woman and child in Gaza and the West Bank but millions are still living outside the israeli's reach, ready willing and able to take revenge, and they will be aided by countries such as Iran and Yemen.

Why haven't Iran and Yemen already joined in with the war ?

What are they waiting for ?

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So nothing new, its been like this comes and goes in waves. You forget one thing, Israel got nukes, so Iran stays out, Yemen? Doesnt have much to anwer with, the rest is busy in zyria

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed. Israelis will have the never ending war, and will live in fear for many many decades or even centuries, if they do not recognise that Palestinians are people with the same desires for freedom as any other people on the planet and not vermin to be exterminated.

Israel will only live in peace once the Palestinians have gone 

Where they go and how they go there is yet to be decided 

Its the only way to have peace in the region 

• Sad 1

On 3/14/2024 at 12:24 AM, Jeff the Chef said:

Some ceasefire:

It depends on when you start the clock. Gaza was created by Israel in 1948, as a refugee camp to contain Palestinians displaced in the Nakba. Since 2007, Israel has kept Gaza under an illegal military siege, counting calories allowed in and permitting the water in Gaza to become undrinkable, creating a humanitarian crises widely condemned by the international community. 

In November 2022, the most right-wing government in Israeli history came to power, led by Benjamin Netanyahu and including far-right extremist politicians in its coalition. 

Ethnic cleansing of Palestinians has always been Israeli policy. Over the past year, under the leadership of the most right-wing government in Israeli history, the Israeli military and settlers have led an escalated campaign of displacement, dispossession, and violent repression against Palestinians across Israel and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.

https://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/2023/11/24/countdown-to-genocide/#:~:text=Over 12%2C000 Palestinians have been,military's genocidal war on Gaza.

You speak truth, but there are those on here that only believe anything supporting israeli aggression. They don't even believe that October 7 happened as a reaction to israeli oppression, and think it happened without any provocation.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

So nothing new, its been like this comes and goes in waves. You forget one thing, Israel got nukes, so Iran stays out, Yemen? Doesnt have much to anwer with, the rest is busy in zyria

Iran won't attack israel directly, and will likely use Palestinian refugees as proxies. They will have all the volunteers they need or want. People with no hope make excellent human bombs as long as they are killing the people they hate, and israel is creating millions of them, and much hate right now.

I think we are all familiar with the use of proxies, are we not?

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

One out, one in, 

47 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Funny (not ha ha) how you twist things.

I have looked at Palestinian propaganda and they often use Nazi style imagery showing Jews as rats.

I have not seen similar from the Israeli side towards Palestinians.

Also 20 percent of Israeli citizens are Arabs. 

Your rhetoric is extremely and obviously intentionally inflammatory.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Iran won't attack israel directly, and will likely use Palestinian refugees as proxies. They will have all the volunteers they need or want. People with no hope make excellent human bombs as long as they are killing the people they hate, and israel is creating millions of them, and much hate right now.

I think we are all familiar with the use of proxies, are we not?

Iran have been doing that for the last 30 years or so , funding terror groups to attack Israel .

Israel responded by imposing a blockade on Gaza and building separation walls in the West Bank 

The human bombs stopped about ten years ago with new security measures , including strip searching females looking for bombs, which you lot class as rape  

I never thought I'd ever thank Chuck Schumer for anything, but for his comments on netanyahu I thank him.

Seems the tide is turning against israel and specifically against netanyahu. I hope they have a nice cell waiting for him once he is no longer PM.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

and just who is going to evict them from their own land?

Israel is never going to have peace after what they are doing. Welcome to the forever war, and forever fear.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Israel is never going to have peace after what they are doing. Welcome to the forever war, and forever fear.

Israel red lines are no more 7/10s, they will not achieve this by sitting on their hands and letting the Palestinian terrorists run amok, release the hostages and surrender the terrorists and hey presto.....no war. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never thought I'd ever thank Chuck Schumer for anything, but for his comments on netanyahu I thank him.

Seems the tide is turning against israel and specifically against netanyahu. I hope they have a nice cell waiting for him once he is no longer PM.

Yes, Netanyahu is horrible. Correct to separate Netanyahu from Israel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ironically, those Palestinians are living outside israel's reach because israelis drove their parents and grandparents out of israel in the first place in 1948. Self inflicted wound that, LOL.

The whirlwind is already here and it's not blowing in the direction you were hoping for. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They certainly weren't going to have peace by not responding to Hamas after October 7.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That was the 4th Obstacle to peace that Chuck said. The first was “Hamas and the Palastinians who support and tolerate their evil ways”.

Happy to hear your thankful for his speech.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Aram/Muslim World isn't as united against Israel as you would like to think , even the Iran public were burning Palestinian flags , stating they don't want another war on the Palestinians behalf .

Just a few Muslim Countries want to go to war with Israel , most want to avoid another war 

• Like 1

Parliament calls on Israel to open all crossings to Gaza for humanitarian aid

Desperate food insecurity and impending starvation in Gaza
MEPs urge Israel to open the Rafah, Kerem Shalom, Karmi and Erez crossings
All parties must immediately cease attacks against humanitarian convoys and civilians seeking aid
Demand for an independent international investigation into the attacks  

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20240313IPR19326/parliament-calls-on-israel-to-open-all-crossings-to-gaza-for-humanitarian-aid

8 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

All parties must immediately cease attacks against humanitarian convoys and civilians seeking aid

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20240313IPR19326/parliament-calls-on-israel-to-open-all-crossings-to-gaza-for-humanitarian-aid

^That's the European Parliament , its nothing to do with them  .

U.A.E are dropping food aid into Gaza , no need to worry about starvation 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It really doesn't sound like you want a ceasefire at all, you're too busy ranting about how bad Israel is all the time or trying to bring in history, instead of solutions to stopping the war. Releasing the hostages, delivering more aid and stopping the killing now which everyone wants apart from Hamas.

To that end, it seems the pressure put on Hamas by Qatar and Egypt into accepting a deal may be getting some results.

Hamas delivers response on hostage deal proposal

image.png.4fa925eea41d91b07b31518d0867ceef.png

A senior Israeli official said Hamas' response was relatively positive and included for the first time the number of prisoners that Hamas demands to be released for each of the categories of hostages who are to be freed in the first phase of the deal.
The Israeli official added that the number of prisoners that Hamas demands is still too high, but in a place where more serious negotiations can begin. "There is something to work with," said the Israeli official.
Behind the scenes: Senior Israeli officials claim that in recent days Israel received indications from the Qatari and Egyptian mediators that point to shifts among Hamas' leadership that may lead to progress.

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/14/hamas-hostage-ceasefire-deal-proposal-israel

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

But the current generation were born on the land where they live and have never been to Israel .

If the Worlds population all went back to where their grandparents came from, where would you be going back to ?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Behind the scenes: Senior Israeli officials claim that in recent days Israel received indications from the Qatari and Egyptian mediators that point to shifts among Hamas' leadership that may lead to progress.

Complete cowards cannot even show their faces and speak for themselves , need to ask others to speak on their behalf .

I do hope that Mossad kills the Hamas leadership .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

In that case I hope they are not copying the US and calling for more aid while providing bombs to kill them with.

• Confused 1

On 3/15/2024 at 4:54 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

It probably came from the IDF, an organisation I wouldn't trust to tell the truth about anything to do with the Palestinians.

I have that opinion because of the "terrorist roster" that was a calendar and the babies in microwaves BS.

The IDF never did make a claim of babies in microwaves .

That was a claim by the Israeli Emergency medical services , the EMS claim that a baby was found in the oven of a burnt down house , Journalists deny the event .

But whatever the truth, the IDF didn't make the claim that it was true and the truth  still isn't known 

• Sad 2

On 3/15/2024 at 4:54 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Why would they tell blatant lies like that about babies, and lie about the deaths in the Oct 7 incident.

• Thumbs Up 1