Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

25 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Irrelevant to the one from the 10th March then..................jeez or is this a competition to see how many polls we can find from the last 5 months

If you actually think about it, a poll of the Palestinians shortly after Oct 7 shows you their actual support of Hamas. A more recent poll would show you their support now, which would have been affected a lot by the revenge bombings by Israel. They would now start to regret Oct 7. Before that, however, they were in solid support of Hamas and the Oct 7 attack. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

If you actually think about it, a poll of the Palestinians shortly after Oct 7 shows you their actual support of Hamas. A more recent poll would show you their support now, which would have been affected a lot by the revenge bombings by Israel. They would now start to regret Oct 7. Before that, however, they were in solid support of Hamas and the Oct 7 attack. 

And

25 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It was never called Palestine, that's a untruth that you keep saying , you have said it so often, that you probably believe yourself

I guess the UN mistakenly called it "Palestine" then. You think? 😄 

United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine
United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine - Wikipedia

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I did not say Hamas would not exist without Netanyahu, I said it would not exist without the Israeli establishment.

Brig. Gen. Yitzhak Segev, Israeli military governor in Gaza in the early 1980s, told the New York Times that he had helped finance the Palestinian Islamist movement as a “counterweight” to the secularists and leftists of the Palestine Liberation Organization and the Fatah party, led by Yasser Arafat (who himself referred to Hamas as “a creature of Israel.”).

Hamas were supposed to be a reasonable to be able to speak with, rather than the terror groups available at the time, then Hamas turned into a terror group as well 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hamas was created by the Muslim Brotherhood since 1987. Nothing to do with this war started on the 7th Oct

So, are you saying the Hamas that was created in 1987 has nothing to do with the Hamas that terrorized Israel on Oct 7?

Just now, WDSmart said:

So, are you saying the Hamas that was created in 1987 has nothing to do with the Hamas that terrorized Israel on Oct 7?

No you are making things up about what I said

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Hamas. A more recent poll would show you their support now, which would have been affected a lot by the revenge bombings by Israel. They would now start to regret Oct 7. Before that, however, they were in solid support of Hamas and the Oct 7 attack. 

And

And, that's interesting information to know. I myself have thought that Hamas did not represent the will of the majority of the Palestinians. That poll I posted would say that was incorrect.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Stop being disingenuous, you love adding words meant to flame, Israel is not "revenge" bombing, they are after the terrorists that massacred Israelis and other nationalities and also trying to secure the release of the hostages!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

No you are making things up about what I said

What you said was, "Hamas was created by the Muslim Brotherhood since 1987. Nothing to do with this war started on the 7th Oct." Sounds like you were saying the original group had nothing to do with Oct 7 to me.

• Agree 2

And, that's interesting information to know. I myself have thought that Hamas did not represent the will of the majority of the Palestinians. That poll I posted would say that was incorrect.

Yes they were publishing polls for months even a few before Oct 7th. I'm surprised you've not come across all the links to them, but interesting for you to catch up agreed.

• Thumbs Up 1

What you said was, "Hamas was created by the Muslim Brotherhood since 1987. Nothing to do with this war started on the 7th Oct." Sounds like you were saying the original group had nothing to do with Oct 7 to me.

Correct and that's all I've got to say on it to you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Can you not see that we are just going around in circles ?

Small little circles with  no end product .

Yes, I see that all the time. But that seems to be the tone of this topic, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Great news, Hamas #3 confirmed killed along with another commander!

Hamas confirms Marwan Issa killed - report

image.png.d95212d4f53588a80900547162252125.png
According to the sources, the number three in Hamas’s high command was killed in the IDF strike in Nusirat, in central Gaza, while he was hiding in one of Hamas's terror tunnels. 

Hamas stated behind closed doors that Marwan Issa, deputy to Hamas military chief Mohammed Deif, who was targeted in an Israeli strike last week, has been killed, according to a Sunday Kan News report, citing Palestinian sources. 

According to the sources, the number three in Hamas’s high command was killed in the IDF strike in Nusirat, in central Gaza, while he was hiding in one of Hamas's terror tunnels. 

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-792264

Reported death of Hamas leader Marwan Issa in IDF strike last week shows Israeli success in war 'This is a significant blow to Hamas if indeed Issa is out of the picture, but this won't dramatically change the reality on the ground,' says

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Like you are trying 99 different ways to try and prove that there was previously a Country called Palestine . You can try as many ways as you like , but there really wasn't a Country called Palestine before Israel was formed 

I don't think I ever said there was a COUNTRY called "Palestine." I said the LAND IN QUESTION was called Palestine, and it was before 1947 and even while the UN established the state of Israel. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Quite a large operation ongoing right now at Shifa hospital

"IDF troops are currently conducting a precise operation in the area of Shifa hospital—based on intelligence information indicating the use of the hospital by senior Hamas terrorists to conduct and promote terrorist activity. Watch IDF Spokeperson RAdm. Daniel Hagari describe the importance of this operation, and the IDF’s efforts to minimize harm to noncombatants:"

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Israel government continues to block aid response despite ICJ genocide court ruling, says Oxfam

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/israel-government-continues-block-aid-response-despite-icj-genocide-court-ruling

It'll be interesting to see if the ICJ grow some and order the arrest of the war criminals in the israeli death cabinet. They did it in a certain other conflict so what is stopping them ( as if I didn't know )?

• Love It 2

32 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The question that needs answering is what happens after this war ends?

That's a very good question, but I certainly can't answer that until I know how it ends.

Does it end with Israel completely wiping out Hamas and taking control of Gaza and all of the West Bank?
Does it end with negotiations forced by the UN to develop a two-state solution?
Does it end in a manner that is not acceptable to most Palestinians or most Israelis?

There are many possibilities for how it ends, but I don't think any of them bodes well for peace in the future. 

Another of the rats lairs destroyed, this one was a large terror tunnel connecting N & S Gaza.

IDF says it destroyed part of one of the longest Hamas tunnel networks in north Gaza

The IDF recently destroyed what it says is part of one of the longest Hamas tunnel networks in the northern Gaza Strip.

Combat engineers of the 162nd Division, along with the elite Yahalom unit, demolished around 2.5 kilometers of the tunnel network, according to the IDF.

The IDF says the tunnels connect between various Hamas battalions and brigades in northern and southern Gaza.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-says-it-destroyed-part-of-one-of-the-longest-hamas-tunnel-networks-in-north-gaza/

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

That's a very good question, but I certainly can't answer that until I know how it ends.

Does it end with Israel completely wiping out Hamas and taking control of Gaza and all of the West Bank?
Does it end in a manner that is not acceptable to most Palestinians or most Israelis?

There are many possibilities for how it ends, but I don't think any of them bodes well for peace in the future. 

The UN can't force an apple out of a paper bag.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO it's all part of israeli propaganda, which tries to negate any story portraying the "heroes" of the IDF in a bad light, by deflecting away from the report about israeli atrocities and crimes, and making it about the reporters instead. Luckily such tactics are not working any more. We know the crimes carried out by the IDF from the reporting from Al Jazeera, which israel is powerless to control, and thank the deity for that, or the reality of IDF cruelty would never be exposed.

My daily dose of comedy from you, Al Jazeera 😂

https://aseannow.com/topic/1319746-al-jazeera-journalist-reportedly-moonlights-as-hamas-commander-claims-idf

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

1. Yes

2. No

3. Them that start wars do not or should not get a say in how it ends!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The question that needs answering is what happens after this war ends?

This isn't really a war, it's a slaughter.  Gazans, unlike Israel are not given Billions of $ by the USA.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/videos/world-news/slaughter-in-rafah-un-breathes-fire-blasts-israel-over-catastrophic-military-operation-plan-101707927103340.html

To call it a war implies a semblance of parity, a clash of forces with comparable might. However, the reality starkly contrasts this notion. In Gaza, the toll of death and suffering overwhelmingly burdens one side while the other wields overwhelming military dominance. What unfolds in Gaza is more accurately described as a lopsided confrontation, a cycle of violence where one side suffers immeasurably more than the other.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Confused 1