Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

The intention is to try to portray it as a long running war and that the Oct 7 th terror attack wasn't a significant aspect and that didn't cause the 2 nd Yom Kippur war .

The Oct 7 th terror attack was just another aspect of the Israel/ Palestinian war and it isn't responsible for the Israeli attack on Gaza .

They are trying to re write history and claim that Hamas didn't start this war and that Oct 7 th is just another in a long running exchange between the two .

Bottom line is that Hamas didn't start  the 2 nd Yom Kippur war and Israel are the aggressors 

Exactomundo, no Jews no news. 🥴

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Over the years I have seen countless accounts of IDF soldiers shooting kids for throwing stones and fireworks. Can I comprehend why a father of one of those kids would want to carry out a terrorist attack in retaliation? Of course. It would be disingenuous in the extreme to claim to not understand that.

• Agree 2

Just now, WDSmart said:

No games. I'm asking you a direct question.

Do you deny that these attacks ever existed or that they are related to the Oct 7 attack?

This war did not exist before 7/10 ergo the Palestian terrorists started this was on said date. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

This war did not exist before 7/10 ergo the Palestian terrorists started this was on said date. 

If you say it another 10,000 times somebody might believe you but I doubt it.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

What would you call all the attacks that took place before that? Were each one a separate war? 

Just now, WDSmart said:

What would you call all the attacks that took place before that? Were each one a separate war? 

I would call them attacks and just to reiterate this war started on 7/10.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

Your sides philosophy is 'if you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth'

So you believe that the events before October 7th had no bearing on the events of that day? Is that your position? It came out of the sun like a zero?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Are you sympathetic to Nazi ideology ?

No, but in truth, I don't know much about Nazi ideology. I only know they were racist, right-wing nationalists and, of course, persecuted Jews because they thought they were an inferior race and would corrupt what they thought was the White Aryan bloodline.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, there have been about five wars and numerous other individual attacks .

This war is called the 2 nd Yom kippur war , which succeeded the 1 st Yom Kippur war in 1973

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

So you believe that the events before October 7th had no bearing on the events of that day? Is that your position? It came out of the sun like a zero?

Don't even try to put words into my mouth, I have clearly stated that this war started on the 7/10. How much clearer can I be, do you want it written in blood or something!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

@Wobblybob

Who founded Hamas? 

EU's Borrell says Israel financed creation of Gaza rulers Hamas. 

History repeats itself, and I did post this before, but who really cares? 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eus-borrell-says-israel-financed-creation-gaza-rulers-hamas-2024-01-19/

This point has been made about five times in this thread recently , you can scroll back for the replies 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

@Wobblybob

Who founded Hamas? 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eus-borrell-says-israel-financed-creation-gaza-rulers-hamas-2024-01-19/

All been discussed before, desperation is seeping in.🥴

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Wobblybob said:

Don't even try to put words into my mouth, I have clearly stated that this war started on the 7/10. How much clearer can I be, do you want it written in blood or something!

I asked you a question. Make your position crystal clear.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

This war started when palestinians was expelled from their land, 

Always useful to read from more than one source what really happened l, but I really do no see any big foults with this timeline. Of course it take some interest, history knownledge, and some kind of a mind to see something from both sides

https://remix.aljazeera.com/aje/PalestineRemix/phone/timeline_main.html

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

I asked you a question. Make your position crystal clear.

You haven't replied to your use of your post using Nazi terminology, vis a vis "subhuman. Can we clear that one up, it seems very extreme language to be using in the Israeli/Palestine war.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Always useful to read from more than one source what really happened l, but I really do no see any big foults with this timeline. Of course it take some interest, history knownledge, and some kind of a mind to see something from both sides

The conflict between the Palestinians and Jews has always existed and there have been numerous skirmishes and wars in the past .

This current war began on Oct 7 after the Hamas terror attack and genocide and war crimes against Israel , it was then , on that date that Israel declared war on Hamas 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

AJ 😂😂😂😂😂😂 "see something from both sides" you seem as balanced as a drunken matelot.

• Sad 1

Just now, Wobblybob said:

AJ 😂😂😂😂😂😂 "see something from both sides" you seem as balanced as a drunken matelot.

Really, well obviously you are ahead of me. 

F Monthy Python comes to mind

• Haha 1

The writing is on the wall. Israel will get the future it deserves.

There is still a narrow path out of the hellscape of Gaza. A temporary ceasefire and hostage release could cause a change of Israel’s government; the rump of Hamas fighters in south Gaza could be contained or fade away; and from the rubble, talks on a two-state solution could begin, underwritten by America and its Gulf allies. It is just as likely, however, that ceasefire talks will fail. That could leave Israel locked in the bleakest trajectory of its 75-year existence, featuring endless occupation, hard-right politics and isolation. Today many Israelis are in denial about this, but a political reckoning will come eventually. It will determine not only the fate of Palestinians, but also whether Israel thrives in the next 75 years.

Israel’s trajectory will intensify its ethno-nationalist politics and pose legal threats to the economy. As estrangement from the West deepens, so deterrence may weaken. Firms could be blacklisted. Bosses could move high-tech businesses abroad or, if they are reservists, be arrested there.

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2024/03/21/at-a-moment-of-military-might-israel-looks-deeply-vulnerable

https://archive.is/EsctK

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Hummin said:

@Wobblybob

Who founded Hamas? 

27 minutes ago, Hummin said:

@Wobblybob

Who founded Hamas? 

Hamas was founded by Palestinian Iman and activist Ahmed Yassin in 1987 and was affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood . Israel cooperated with Hamas because they felt it was a better alternative than engaging with the PLO or Fatah , this was before the Hamas themselves took up terrorism 

• Thumbs Up 2

The draft being put to a vote “determines” — which is a council order — “the imperative of an immediate and sustained cease-fire,” with no direct link to the release of hostages taken during Hamas’ Oct. 7 attack on Israel, which was in the previous draft. But it would unequivocally support diplomatic efforts “to secure such a cease-fire in connection with the release of all remaining hostages.”

https://apnews.com/article/united-nations-us-vote-gaza-ceasefire-resolution-f6453803b3eacc9fbaa2ce5a025e2a94

So, 2 things. Those who insisted that Blinken didn't mean a permanant ceasefire were flat out wrong.

And, why did the US veto previous resolutions for a ceasefire that the rest of the world knew was the right course of action only to turn around and reverse course when it became apparent that Israel were never going to abide by the orders of the ICJ.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Hamas was founded by Palestinian Iman and activist Ahmed Yassin in 1987 and was affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood . Israel cooperated with Hamas because they felt it was a better alternative than engaging with the PLO or Fatah , this was before the Hamas themselves took up terrorism 

Rubbish. Hamas were credibly accused of terrorism long before Netanyahu embarked on his cynical campaign of divide and conquer. He incorrectly reasoned that empowering Hamas would delegitimise the PLO and give him an excuse to not have to negotiate with the PLO. His miscalculation was considering  that Hamas would never be able to conduct an attack on the scale at which they did. Netanyahu bears a great deal of responsibility for enabling the Hamas attack by his desire to avoid a negotiated settlement.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Hamas 4th most important commander has surrendered at the Shifa Hospital, it looks like martyrdom is not for him.

He is a 4 of hearts , or was a 4 of hearts .

Quite low down on the list of dead men walking 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He is a 4 of hearts , or was a 4 of hearts .

Quite low down on the list of dead men walking 

He'll be released under the prisoner / hostage exchange agreement.

• Agree 1

From ‘I Love You’ to ‘<deleted>’: How Joe Gave Up on Bibi

After decades of building a “close, personal” friendship with Benjamin Netanyahu, Joe Biden has had it with the Israeli prime minister. Now he’s hitting him hard — and it may be working.

Obama wanted a freeze on construction of Israeli settlements in the West Bank to avoid depriving the Palestinians of land for a future state as U.S. special envoy George Mitchell restarted Israeli-Palestinian negotiations. But upon Biden’s arrival, Netanyahu’s government suddenly announced the construction of 1,600 new Israeli apartments in the disputed territory.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/03/22/biden-netanyahu-friendship-pressure-campaign-00148328

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wobblybob said:

Hamas 4th most important commander has surrendered at the Shifa Hospital, it looks like martyrdom is not for him.

Fantastic news for Israel and the operation at Shifa

IDF: ‘Very significant’ Hamas commanders among 650 nabbed at Gaza’s Shifa hospital

image.png.03fd8a93f5d264c19d8a32b0456efe43.png

Troops have captured some 650 terror suspects, including several “very significant” senior Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad commanders, during an ongoing operation at Gaza City’s Shifa Hospital, the Israel Defense Forces and Shin Bet security agency said Thursday, as talks continued in Qatar to secure an extended truce and hostage deal.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-650-terrorists-including-hamas-officers-detained-in-shifa-hospital-raid-so-far

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

US to bring Security Council motion for Gaza ceasefire and hostage deal to vote Friday
Reuters says draft calls for ‘immediate and sustained ceasefire’ lasting six weeks linked to captives’ release; EU issues similar call for pause to fighting, warns against Rafah op

The draft resolution, seen by Reuters, says an “immediate and sustained ceasefire” lasting roughly six weeks would protect civilians and allow for the delivery of humanitarian assistance.

The text backs talks brokered by the U.S., Egypt and Qatar over a ceasefire and emphasizes support for using the period of a truce to intensify efforts in pursuit of “lasting peace.”

Since blocking an Algerian draft resolution calling for an “immediate humanitarian ceasefire” in Gaza at the end of February, US officials have been negotiating an alternative text focusing on support for diplomatic efforts on the ground for a six-week truce in exchange for the release of hostages.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-to-bring-security-council-motion-for-gaza-truce-and-hostage-deal-to-a-vote-friday/

• Thanks 1