Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

Oh that will explain all the Gazan children dying then. Silly me I thought it was the huge megatonnages of bombs dropped on the most densely populated enclave on earth. Thanks for the education Brian. Much appreciated.

Does it? How many children have died due to huge huge megatonnages of bombs?

Lets see, around 31,000 people killed, 70% of those are women and children says Hamas. so a figure of around 21,700 women and children leaving a figure of 9,300 males

However more than 13,000 Hamas have been killed by IDF, now do the maths, either every male they kill is Hamas along with some women and children or the figures are wrong. There is a seperate topic on this already.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Oh that will explain all the Gazan children dying then. Silly me I thought it was the huge megatonnages of bombs dropped on the most densely populated enclave on earth. Thanks for the education Brian. Much appreciated.

Apparently up to 40% of the Hamas militants are women and children.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It's several hundred kms let's not exagerrate for effect and besides which a zillion is a made up word. Your knives probably need sharpening.

So, you dodge the "facts" in my post, tunnels & war......................:clap2:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Nonsensical question given Gaza is probably the worst place in the world. You do say some dubious things sometimes, Nick, such as here where you claimed that something drastic needed to happen to solve the problem (in response to my post on Daniella Weiss advocating for cleansing Gaza of Arabs):

image.png.c6a6eafc7419c76a107c048f64aba1fe.png

I did mean if  Gaza was improved and was liveable .

If Gaza was made to be a liveable place, would you object to African refugees moving into Gaza and living there permeantly ?

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Your hit and run trolling is a thing but as for facts there was so little that even with my specs on I still can't see a thing.

So what were the HUGE number of km's of tunnels, built over a very long time, known by the populace,  built for..........?

Take your time, back off the trolling thing, it makes you look daft........:coffee1:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Your hit and run trolling is a thing but as for facts there was so little that even with my specs on I still can't see a thing.

Its was factual actually, what else were the tunnels built for?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I did mean if  Gaza was improved and was liveable .

If Gaza was made to be a liveable place, would you object to African refugees moving into Gaza and living there permeantly ?

To answer properly, I would have to go way off topic so I will stop here. The links I posted earlier lead to resources which are quite unequivocal regarding how Israel sees and treats African ethnicities, which was what I was referring to initially.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

To answer properly, I would have to go way off topic so I will stop here. The links I posted earlier lead to resources which are quite unequivocal regarding how Israel sees and treats African ethnicities, which was what I was referring to initially.

It is a rather difficult question .

I very much doubt you would agree to Gaza being lived on by African refugees , as its Palestinian land

But you want African refugees to live on Israeli land .

So African refugees should live in Israel, but they shouldn't live in Gaza

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Lets see, around 31,000 people killed, 70% of those are women and children says Hamas. so a figure of around 21,700 women and children leaving a figure of 9,300 males

Where do these numbers come from? The Hamas terrorists? Ahh, I see....

There might be less civilian victims if the terrorists would not use them as human shields.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

There might be less civilian victims if the terrorists would not use them as human shields.

Or, if the IDF invaders would not kill human shields...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

They could even use some of their 100's of kilometers tunnels to protect their own civilians but Hamas said its not there job to protect their own civilians. Yes they much rather use the as human shields

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

They could even use some of their 100's of kilometers tunnels to protect their own civilians but Hamas said its not there job to protect their own civilians. Yes they much rather use the as human shields

Makes sense. Why would Hamas want to protect their own civilians who presumably included their own families?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Or, if the IDF invaders would not kill human shields...

If they need to go after the terrorists which they do as a war goal in response to October 7, how is it possible to avoid human shields? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Makes sense. Why would Hamas want to protect their own civilians who presumably included their own families?

Ask them not me:

Top Hamas official declares group is not responsible for defending Gazan civilians

https://www.timesofisrael.com/top-hamas-official-claims-group-is-not-responsible-for-defending-gazan-civilians/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

If they need to go after the terrorists which they do as a war goal in response to October 7, how is it possible to avoid human shields? 

Human shields or not, it's a war crime to kill them. And yes, it's a war crime to use them. The problem here is the pretence that most or all of the civilians killed were being used as human shields.

• Agree 1

As far as the narrative of imbalance between Israel and Hamas, it's not as cut and dried as the Israel demonizers paint it.

Hamas through October 7 clearly BAITED Israel in to a massive response knowing that they had

A huge tunnel network

That taking so many hostages would complicate things

That they provided no bomb shelters for their civilians (which they could have well afforded as part of their tunnel network)

Using their age old tactic of using civilians as human shields

Knowing there would be large casualties of women and children

Knowing that it would all be on social media and  they and their Tik Tok River to the Sea agents could win a huge global propaganda victory falsely accusing Israel of genocide

So yes Israel is winning the military part but Hamas is winning the propaganda part and its arguable that in the long run the propaganda part may be more important.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Human shields or not, it's a war crime to kill them. And yes, it's a war crime to use them. The problem here is the pretence that most or all of the civilians killed were being used as human shields.

It is a war crime to use human shields!