Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

Back on topic:

Israel Has Created a New Standard for Urban Warfare. Why Will No One Admit It? | Opinion

The Israel Defense Forces conducted an operation at al-Shifa hospital in the Gaza Strip to root out Hamas terrorists recently, once again taking unique precautions as it entered the facility to protect the innocent; Israeli media reported that doctors accompanied the forces to help Palestinian patients if needed. They were also reported to be carrying food, water and medical supplies for the civilians inside.

None of this meant anything to Israel's critics, of course, who immediately pounced. The critics, as usual, didn't call out Hamas for using protected facilities like hospitals for its military activity. Nor did they mention the efforts of the IDF to minimize civilian casualties.

https://www.newsweek.com/israel-has-created-new-standard-urban-warfare-why-will-no-one-admit-it-opinion-1883286

21 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

sorry but we don't click on unknown links from strangers...our dads said not to do so...so sorry...

Our links are safe, I assure you.

*Some off topic arguments about the links were removed.

• Like 1

President Joe Biden's decision to have the United States abstain, and thus allow passage of the United Nations Security Council resolution calling for a ceasefire in Gaza was the right call. The resolution demands an immediate ceasefire and the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages. By allowing the resolution to pass the U.S. has staked out a position in favor of ending this horrible war, and in opposition to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's prioritization of his political well-being over the current and future good of Israelis and Palestinians alike.

https://www.newsweek.com/israels-netanyahu-forced-bidens-hand-security-council-resolution-opinion-1883334

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

President Joe Biden's decision to have the United States abstain, and thus allow passage of the United Nations Security Council resolution calling for a ceasefire in Gaza was the right call. The resolution demands an immediate ceasefire and the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages. By allowing the resolution to pass the U.S. has staked out a position in favor of ending this horrible war, and in opposition to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's prioritization of his political well-being over the current and future good of Israelis and Palestinians alike.

https://www.newsweek.com/israels-netanyahu-forced-bidens-hand-security-council-resolution-opinion-1883334

It's only horrible to Gazans, they're the ones dying. 

Biden could pull all aid from Israel and stop giving them bombs. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's only horrible to Gazans, they're the ones dying. 

Biden could pull all aid from Israel and stop giving them bombs. 

Its also horrible to the hostages, Hamas could release them and have a ceasefire = no bombs, but they have just said no to the latest deal in Qatar.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its also horrible to the hostages, Hamas could release them and have a ceasefire = no bombs, but they have just said no to the latest deal in Qatar.

Because Bibi has made it clear he will not respect a ceasefire and will go into Rafah no matter what.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

40 hostages in exchange for 40 prisoners would be parity .

A permanent ceasefire, withdrawal of all IDF troops from Gaza, an exchange of all hostages and prisoners, and a commitment to sit down and create an agreement for a two-state solution would be parity.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Because Bibi has made it clear he will not respect a ceasefire and will go into Rafah no matter what.

Not true, a hostage and prisoner exchange deal brokered by Qatar, Egypt the US and Israel has again just been refused by Hamas. That deal included a 6 week ceasefire. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How many Palestinians do you think will die of starvation ?

I will predict that NO Palestinians will die of starvation

What is your prediction ?

Hundreds, maybe a thousand or more. Most of these will be children.

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:
Wobblybob said:

Hands up if you think that Hamas will unconditionally release all the hostages like the council has demanded. But just between you and myself..... I don't think so. 

My hands are down. I don't think either side will do anything "unconditionally." 

6 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Israel is not going to have a cease fire without the release of the hostages and the terrorists surrendering that is all too apparent, all a ceasefire would achieve is to give time for the terrorists to regroup and to carry on their promise of taking all the Israeli land and killing all the Israelis, the terrorists lie and cannot be trusted. Israel must do what is right to secure their own existence!

And Hamas is not going to release the hostages without a ceasefire. And I believe the longer the ceasefire, the more hostages will be released, but not ALL the hostages will be released until there is a PERMANENT ceasefire and withdrawal of the IDF.

Just now, WDSmart said:

My hands are down. I don't think either side will do anything "unconditionally." 

You have just answered Israels predicament then, Israel will not abandon the hostages and why would they just to cave in to a bunch of terrorists demands!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trump's running on I will stop all wars ticket. Bibi apparently didn't call him when he lost the election, and he's still smarting about that. His daughter has converted to Judaism through Jared's connection and he moved the US embassy to Jerusalem and offed Soleimi so he feels particularly aggrieved his "world leader" status hasn't been acknowledged ! I had though he would offer unconditional support unlike Ukraine, looks like I called it wrong. I can't vote in the US election, but on his stop war stance alone he would have my vote - at arm's length and holding my nose otherwise he is a walking disaster.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-warns-israel-losing-support-for-gaza-war-with-public-relations-in-ruin/

“You have to finish up your war. To finish it up. You gotta get it done,” Trump told the Israel Hayom newspaper in an interview the freesheet said had been recorded over the weekend. Part of the interview was published on Monday, with more expected later in the week.

“And I will say, Israel has to be very careful because you’re losing a lot of the world, you’re losing a lot of support, you have to finish up, you have to get the job done. And you have to get on to peace, to get on to a normal life for Israel, and for everybody else.”

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

And Hamas is not going to release the hostages without a ceasefire. And I believe the longer the ceasefire, the more hostages will be released, but not ALL the hostages will be released until there is a PERMANENT ceasefire and withdrawal of the IDF.

That is up to Hamas and the price of not releasing the hostages will be high, on their own backs be it.🥴

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Back on topic:

Israel Has Created a New Standard for Urban Warfare. Why Will No One Admit It? | Opinion

The Israel Defense Forces conducted an operation at al-Shifa hospital in the Gaza Strip to root out Hamas terrorists recently, once again taking unique precautions as it entered the facility to protect the innocent; Israeli media reported that doctors accompanied the forces to help Palestinian patients if needed. They were also reported to be carrying food, water and medical supplies for the civilians inside.

None of this meant anything to Israel's critics, of course, who immediately pounced. The critics, as usual, didn't call out Hamas for using protected facilities like hospitals for its military activity. Nor did they mention the efforts of the IDF to minimize civilian casualties.

https://www.newsweek.com/israel-has-created-new-standard-urban-warfare-why-will-no-one-admit-it-opinion-1883286

I don't think the IDF has "Created a New Standard for Urban Warfare." Decimating cities and villages while committing genocide has been done since Genghis Khan. 

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

I don't think the IDF has "Created a New Standard for Urban Warfare." Decimating cities and villages while committing genocide has been done since Genghis Khan. 

I told you before I don't care what you think, I do care what professionals think.

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Back on topic:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

An immediate release of all hostages should be conditional on an exchange for all prisoners, and the ceasefire should be permanent and include a withdrawal of all IDF troops.

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not true, a hostage and prisoner exchange deal brokered by Qatar, Egypt the US and Israel has again just been refused by Hamas. That deal included a 6 week ceasefire. 

Do you have a link to this statement?

• Thanks 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

An immediate release of all hostages should be conditional on an exchange for all prisoners, and the ceasefire should be permanent and include a withdrawal of all IDF troops.

That's got to be one of your most embarrassing posts to date! 🥴

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Hundreds, maybe a thousand or more. Most of these will be children.

No one will die of starvation in Gaza , no one at all .

There is now twice as much food going into Gaza now , as there was before the war started .

There are no food shortages in Gaza

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Netanyahu will not respect his part of any deal on a ceasefire and openly says it. From 24 March:

"It is impossible to defeat the sheer evil by leaving it intact in Rafah."

[...]

"We are fighting and will be victorious. We will enter Rafah and achieve total victory."

https://allisrael.com/as-in-ancient-times-we-are-also-united-we-are-fighting-and-will-be-victorious-says-netanyahu

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

Netanyahu will not respect his part of any deal on a ceasefire and openly says it. From 24 March:

"It is impossible to defeat the sheer evil by leaving it intact in Rafah."

[...]

"We are fighting and will be victorious. We will enter Rafah and achieve total victory."

https://allisrael.com/as-in-ancient-times-we-are-also-united-we-are-fighting-and-will-be-victorious-says-netanyahu

Can you link to where he is refusing a ceasefire as part of the current hostage deal talks in Qatar?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No one will die of starvation in Gaza , no one at all .

There is now twice as much food going into Gaza now , as there was before the war started .

There are no food shortages in Gaza

False. From 18 March:

Gaza hunger figures “worst on record” - says Oxfam

“This new report shows that the catastrophic levels of hunger and starvation in Gaza are the highest ever recorded on the IPC scale, both in terms of number of people and percentage of the population. Never before have we seen such rapid deterioration into widespread starvation.

[...]

“Children are already dying of malnutrition and starvation under the gaze of the international community."

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/gaza-hunger-figures-worst-record-says-oxfam

• Agree 1