Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Also, it was the IDF on many occasions before Oct 7.  It's rather pathetic how a couple here keep saying this conflict started last Oct. 

Oh, no.................😬

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

So does that mean "an immediate ceasefire" is not a condition of the "unconditional release of the hostages"?

😴....tedious baiting go to the topic and read

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

No, it was Hamas on Oct 7. It was the IDF on Oct 8 and onward to today. 

And one would not be happening without the other, Israels operation at the moment can only be described as work in progress, when the hostages have been returned and the threat of another 7/10 has been minimised then all parties can go back to their day jobs. HTH

• Sad 1

Every cloud and that. Some can't resist thieving land when the opportunity arises.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68650815

Just ask Daniella Weiss, 78, the grandmother of Israel's settler movement, who says she already has a list of 500 families ready to move to Gaza immediately.

"I have friends in Tel Aviv," she says, "so they say, 'Don't forget to keep for me a plot near the coast in Gaza,' because it's a beautiful, beautiful coast, beautiful golden sand".

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Not at all. When under attack from bloodthirsty, inhumane masses it is our duty to destroy them, hence the destruction of those cities, and Gaza.

Yes and don't spare the horses when relieving Rafa from the terrorists.👍

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

And one would not be happening without the other, Israels operation at the moment can only be described as work in progress, when the hostages have been returned and the threat of another 7/10 has been minimised then all parties can go back to their day jobs. HTH

Yes, that's the childish "He hit me first!" excuse. I acknowledge a response to Oct 7 was warranted, but it's now way past time for a settlement to this "war."

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

A (censored - term I have been forbidden to use on this topic) who keeps citing a one-sided viewpoint and considers any other perspective as "twisted." 

You would...........🙄

I suppose you wouldn't want Hitlers Nazi's killed either, or ISIS cut-throats, eh.....?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Starters of war have no say when it ends, nor does the UN for that matter. Israels security comes before the virtue signalling UN!

I honestly had no idea the UN was this bias before Oct 7th. Its certainly opened my eyes to their antisemitism

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, that's the childish "He hit me first!" excuse. I acknowledge a response to Oct 7 was warranted, but it's now way past time for a settlement to this "war."

If you had your way Hamas would be doing a 7/10 ad infinitum. Hamas needs totally crushing, no splinters left to be seen!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I honestly had no idea the UN was this bias before Oct 7th. Its certainly opened my eyes to their antisemitism

Me too, this is the most astonishing matter to come out of this war.

Edited by Wobblybob
Grammar.
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Regardless of interpretations, he is a political leader who projects himself – and bases his policies – on messianic Biblical prophecies, the Torah and advice from rabbis.

Now I will get back on topic.

He doesn't , what he said isn't much different to a Western leader saying something like "David will beat Goliath" .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

No, the time to stop will be when all the hostages have been released and all those responsible bought to justice .

The people holding the hostages need to be bought to justice , either killed or jailed . 

All those who entered Israel on Oct 7 th need to be held accountable for their actions and crimes and face justice .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Israel should settle with Hamas who wants to kill all Jews? 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He doesn't , what he said isn't much different to a Western leader saying something like "David will beat Goliath" .

Yes he does and I encourage those reading this to research it and reach their own conclusions.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Yes he does and I encourage those reading this to research it and reach their own conclusions.

OK, so what other statements has Netanyahu made that are  based on Messianic Biblical prophecies, the Torah or advice from Rabbis , statements which are associated with this war ?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

OK, so what other statements has Netanyahu made that are  based on Messianic Biblical prophecies, the Torah or advice from Rabbis , statements which are associated with this war ?

None directly associated for the purpose of this thread, which is why I will not go any further (again, those reading this, research the Israeli political apparatus and its religious/messianic component, very enlightening).

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

None directly associated for the purpose of this thread, which is why I will not go any further (again, those reading this, research the Israeli political apparatus and its religious/messianic component, very enlightening).

So that one sentence was the only Messianic Biblical prophecies , Torah and advice from Rabbis that Netanyahu has said about this war , that kind of contradicts your claim that he bases his policies on them 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

And wipe out the Palestinians for good measure! Killing two birds with one stone, eh? Nobody is fooled, the agenda is crystal clear.

People have been fooled, they have been fooled into believing that the Palestinians are being wiped out .

Although they may not actually believe it themselves though , it just a good defence for Hamas  

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So that one sentence was the only Messianic Biblical prophecies , Torah and advice from Rabbis that Netanyahu has said about this war , that kind of contradicts your claim that he bases his policies on them 

I can't go any further as it would be deemed off-topic. People need to research it themselves.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

And wipe out the Palestinians for good measure! Killing two birds with one stone, eh? Nobody is fooled, the agenda is crystal clear.

Don't start wars, don't start moaning when you are losing! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I can't go any further as it would be deemed off-topic. People need to research it themselves.

You need to remember who started this war and stop excusing the terrorists! 

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

8 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Fully backed up and easy to check.

You didn't back your claim up , you claimed that it would be off topic

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

They can see it alright, and they support it.

Its Hamas who are getting obliterated .

Rather than face up to a military defeat , you are making false claims about there being a genocide

Hamas started a war and now Hamas are losing .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's official from the UN, israeli IS committing genocide in Gaza. It's going to be hard for the colluder in chief, Biden, to continue to support israel now, though I expect he will. IMO he's in it all the way, complicit in war crimes, and the enabler of it, but IMO he will eventually be dragged, protesting, to forcing israel to end it's atrocity. I'm guessing when he finally recognises he is going to lose the election over it.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/03/1147976

Rights expert finds ‘reasonable grounds’ genocide is being committed in Gaza

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, ozimoron said:

By allowing the resolution to pass the U.S. has staked out a position in favor of ending this horrible war,

IMO wrong. They say nothing about ending the war. The resolution only calls for a temporary ceasefire, and the release of hostages, following which there will be nothing to stop the israelis completely flattening all of Gaza, with American bombs.

This resolution IMO only assists the israelis in their genocide ( the UN has declared it a genocide, as reported in another post by myself ), and does little to end the conflict.

Biden could stop the war tomorrow if he wanted to, IMO.

• Thanks 1

Topic Update: Israel Quits Doha Hostage Talks After Hamas Rejects Deal

image.png

Israel on March 26 withdrew its negotiators from Qatar-hosted talks on a potential Gaza truce after Hamas rejected a U.S.-proposed compromise. Mossad director David Barnea, who has been leading diplomatic efforts to recover 40 of the remaining 130 hostages seized by Hamas on October 7, ordered his working team based in Doha to return to Israel. No date was given for when negotiations might resume.

Israeli officials said Hamas had sabotaged the process by trying to turn the proposed ceasefire into the restoration of the status quo ante. The Palestinian terrorist group wants Israel to commit to ending the war and withdraw all forces, enabling the return of Gazans displaced from the north of the territory and the beginning of reconstruction. CIA director William Burns, who came to Doha to oversee the negotiations mediated by Qatar and Egypt, had persuaded Israel to agree in principle to agree to a “bridging proposal”: the return of some northern Gazans and the release of around 20 jailed Palestinian terrorists for every hostage freed — a doubling of the ratio previously sought by Barnea’s team.

Israeli officials attributed Hamas’s obstinacy to efforts by its Gaza leader, Yahya Sinwar, to keep tensions at a high pitch through Ramadan, with a view to provoking escalation. 

Source

• Thanks 1