Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

19 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I don't believe you, you are doing your best to get the date changed of when this war started so in your mind that lessons the seriousness of the crimes Hamas, and some UN workers committed on 7/10, even a blind man can see when it started.

Those 30,000 you keep repeating are the responsibility of Hamas, Israel couldn't have done anymore to have warned the Palestians of where they would be holding their operations, Hamas are using them to gain them the sympathy vote and the ghastly gullible have fallen for their lies hook line and sinker.

I still believe this "war" started 80 years ago. The militant activities of Oct 7 and those that followed are just a continuation of that larger conflict. 

Hamas is responsible for killing around 1,200 Israelis on Dec 7. I agree. But Israel is now responsible for killing around 30,000 Palestinians in Gaza since then. 

Israel could have done a lot more. They could not have bombed indiscriminately as they did. And, where were the civilians to go anyway? Whenever they did try to relocate, the IDF would attack them.

The "ghastly gullible" states worldwide are distancing themselves from Israel because of its actions in Gaza. The longer this conflict goes on, the more of them will do that. Israel will soon become precisely what it whines about it is now anyway, a pariah.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:
8 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Why do you (and others) always try to justify Israel's war crimes by citing other countries's war crimes? If it was despicable then, it's despicable now. 

So you fear posting your country, now I know I will get told off for asking, but it will probably help my point, and not yours....

Be brave, tell all, probably even up the playing field..................😉

I don't know what you're asking, but I will just state that many of the methods MY country (USA) used during WWI, WWII, and other conflicts were war crimes. We (USA) were not made to account for those because we won the war, and, as I'm sure you know and are now counting on, "To the victors, go the spoils." But, that is not justice, and those tactics will not work as well today in the case of Israel.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

57 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I wasn't aware of the starving Yemeni children.
I don't know anything about their situation. Is there an AseanNow topic on that? Is that part of this topic now?

85 000 Yemeni Children died of starvation between 2015-2018 .

That is where you photos of "starving Palestinian" children came from .

Why is it that you didn't know about the starving Yemini Children  , but you have been brainwashed into believing that there are starving Palestinian children ?

How come you know so little about World events ?

If Israel isnt involved, then it has little public interest 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

I don't know what you're asking, but I will just state that many of the methods MY country (USA) used during WWI, WWII, and other conflicts were war crimes. We (USA) were not made to account for those because we won the war, and, as I'm sure you know and are now counting on, "To the victors, go the spoils." But, that is not justice, and those tactics will not work as well today in the case of Israel.

So your USA carpet bombed Vietnam, nuked Japan to try and finish things, that is what war is about. Now come back with the civilian casualty figures to finish the aggression of others.

To the victors go the spoils, rollox, your USA suffered horrendous casualties in 2 theatres, Japan and probably Germany were HELPED to get back on their feet, you just have a thing about Jews......🤨

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

So, going by the same standard, if Israel wins this current war then they shouldn't be held accountable for anything that happened in the war , because the USA were not held accountable in their previous wars ?

Or is it that "My Country " shouldn't be held accountable to for their  war crimes and genocide , but Israel should be held accountable ?

One rule for your Country and another rule for Israel , which falls under the category of Anti Semitism , Anti Semitism is treating Israel differently to other Countries 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

85 000 Yemeni Children died of starvation between 2015-2018 .

That is where you photos of "starving Palestinian" children came from .

Why is it that you didn't know about the starving Yemini Children  , but you have been brainwashed into believing that there are starving Palestinian children ?

How come you know so little about World events ?

If Israel isnt involved, then it has little public interest 

The severity of the Yemeni children is news to me.
I believe the main reason I don't know about the starving Yemeni children is because I haven't seen that covered on CNN, or at least highlighted enough to get my attention. 
I have not been "brainwashed" into believing there are starving Palestinian children. I've seen that reported on CNN.
I don't know a lot about all the world's events because if it isn't featured on CNN, I won't know about it.
I really don't even care a lot about Israel or Palestine myself, but the conflict there has been a major feature on CNN over the past years *well before Oct 7), so I am acquainted with it. The intensity of the coverage just exploded on Oct 7 and hasn't slowed since.

I still believe this "war" started 80 years ago. The militant activities of Oct 7 and those that followed are just a continuation of that larger conflict. 

Hamas is responsible for killing around 1,200 Israelis on Dec 7. I agree. But Israel is now responsible for killing around 30,000 Palestinians in Gaza since then. 

Israel could have done a lot more. They could not have bombed indiscriminately as they did. And, where were the civilians to go anyway? Whenever they did try to relocate, the IDF would attack them.

The "ghastly gullible" states worldwide are distancing themselves from Israel because of its actions in Gaza. The longer this conflict goes on, the more of them will do that. Israel will soon become precisely what it whines about it is now anyway, a pariah.

Palestian terrorist logic is we rape your women and murder your citizens in the most beastly ways ever been witnessed in modern times, 'why are you angry with us, you know we are the victims'. 

80 years ago is history, now is now, stop using this excuse to legitimise or to minimise the horrific the killings on the day the war started, vis a vis 7/10. It is very disingenuous!

• Like 1

The severity of the Yemeni children is news to me.
I believe the main reason I don't know about the starving Yemeni children is because I haven't seen that covered on CNN, or at least highlighted enough to get my attention. 
I have not been "brainwashed" into believing there are starving Palestinian children. I've seen that reported on CNN.
I don't know a lot about all the world's events because if it isn't featured on CNN, I won't know about it.
I really don't even care a lot about Israel or Palestine myself, but the conflict there has been a major feature on CNN over the past years *well before Oct 7), so I am acquainted with it. The intensity of the coverage just exploded on Oct 7 and hasn't slowed since.

377 000 people have been killed in the Yemeni war and 4 million displaced and the war is still on going . 

Maybe you should watch other news stations, rather than just CNN , as they don't give a balanced view of World events . CNN falsely state that there is famine in Gaza ,yet they ignore the real famine just across the Red Sea in Saudi/Yemen ,

Why is it that CNN concentrate on Israel and have no interest in Yemen ?

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Palestian terrorist logic is we rape your women and murder your citizens in the most beastly ways ever been witnessed in modern times, 'why are you angry with us, you know we are the victims'. 

80 years ago is history, now is now, stop using this excuse to legitimise or to minimise the horrific the killings on the day the war started, vis a vis 7/10. It is very disingenuous!

Hamas has done and continues to do awful things. I don't condone any of it. However, Israel has also done and continues to do awful things. I don't condone that either, but you do.

History is important to understanding this 80-year-old war, and, IMO, to trying to end it.  If you dismiss all of that, you will just go on thinking Israel is always in the right and Palestinians always in the wrong, and there will be no way to resolve this conflict. 

7 minutes ago, transam said:

So your USA carpet bombed Vietnam, nuked Japan to try and finish things, that is what war is about. Now come back with the civilian casualty figures to finish the aggression of others.

To the victors go the spoils, rollox, your USA suffered horrendous casualties in 2 theatres, Japan and probably Germany were HELPED to get back on their feet, you just have a thing about Jews......🤨

3 million dead in SE Asia because the US couldn't accept national self-determination for Vietnam. Forgive me if I don't see the US as some sort of John Wayne good vs evil drama, which you obviously do. And that means you have lost the moral high ground to opine about war crimes, as have any other supporters. Sorry about that.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Hamas has done and continues to do awful things. I don't condone any of it. However, Israel has also done and continues to do awful things. I don't condone that either, but you do.

History is important to understanding this 80-year-old war, and, IMO, to trying to end it.  If you dismiss all of that, you will just go on thinking Israel is always in the right and Palestinians always in the wrong, and there will be no way to resolve this conflict. 

Using history to mask the real reason this war started is totally unacceptable.

Edited by Wobblybob
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

377 000 people have been killed in the Yemeni war and 4 million displaced and the war is still on going . 

Maybe you should watch other news stations, rather than just CNN , as they don't give a balanced view of World events . CNN falsely state that there is famine in Gaza ,yet they ignore the real famine just across the Red Sea in Saudi/Yemen ,

Why is it that CNN concentrate on Israel and have no interest in Yemen ?

I don't know why CNN concentrates more on Israel and less on Yemen. I suspect it's because of what you? (or someone) posted recently - Isreal is of interest to CNN's viewers where Yemen isn't. I know that's the case with me.

13 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't have a "thing" about the Jews. I also don't have a "thing" about the Palestinians. But, while I'm posting on the forum, I'll try to make sure that both sides are fairly represented and that this does not just become a pro-Israeli cheerleading squad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

3 million dead in SE Asia because the US couldn't accept national self-determination for Vietnam. Forgive me if I don't see the US as some sort of John Wayne good vs evil drama, which you obviously do. And that means you have lost the moral high ground to opine about war crimes, as have any other supporters. Sorry about that.

Sorry, but you and I are probably here because of the USA, strange you should forget that, but then again, a Red under the Bed, would.....😝

You would have preferred the Nazi get to rule Europe, Communism prosper, its your thing, it seems.....:unsure:

I don't have a "thing" about the Jews. I also don't have a "thing" about the Palestinians. But, while I'm posting on the forum, I'll try to make sure that both sides are fairly represented and that this does not just become a pro-Israeli cheerleading squad. 

It is about bringing executioners to their knees, the same executioners you make excuses for and want to save, you have said so...........😬

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Sorry, but you and I are probably here because of the USA, strange you should forget that, but then again, a Red under the Bed, would.....😝

You would have preferred the Nazi get to rule Europe, Communism prosper, its your thing, it seems.....:unsure:

I am here because the USA won the war. There are a lot of Japanese who are NOT here because the USA won the war. There's nothing I can do about that now. The same goes for all the Allies and the Germans. I don't know what "communism" has to do with this. 

Yawn - reminds me, I need my second cup of coffee. Anyway, as my late dad who fought in WW2 never forgot, the soviets saved our asses as much as the Yanks and lost 20 million as opposed to 400k for the US. Never forget. But it looks like you already have.

• Thanks 1

Okay, and although I promised a moderator I wouldn't ask anymore direct questions, I'll ask you two, the first of which I know your answer, and the second of which I would like to hear what you have to say about it.
- What is the "real reason" this war started? (I assume your answer would be "Oct 7."
- What is the "real reason" Hamas attacked Israel on Oct 7? (This is the one I hope you answer.)

Round and round and round you go, you have been told a zillion times here, yet you still don't want to get it..........:saai:

• Like 1

It is about bringing executioners to their knees, the same executioners you make excuses for and want to save, you have said so...........😬

You see Hamas as "executioners." So do I. I, however, also see many in the IDF as "executioners." You don't. That's where we disagree.

• Agree 1

I am here because the USA won the war. There are a lot of Japanese who are NOT here because the USA won the war. There's nothing I can do about that now. The same goes for all the Allies and the Germans. I don't know what "communism" has to do with this. 

I didn't post that to you.................🤭

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, transam said:
5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Okay, and although I promised a moderator I wouldn't ask anymore direct questions, I'll ask you two, the first of which I know your answer, and the second of which I would like to hear what you have to say about it.
- What is the "real reason" this war started? (I assume your answer would be "Oct 7."
- What is the "real reason" Hamas attacked Israel on Oct 7? (This is the one I hope you answer.)

Round and round and round you go, you have been told a zillion times here, yet you still don't want to get it..........:saai:

Would you please just tell me one more time? If you do, I promise I'll never ask you or anyone else on this forum again.
- What is the "real reason" Hamas attacked Israel on Oct 7?

• Sad 1

You see Hamas as "executioners." So do I. I, however, also see many in the IDF as "executioners." You don't. That's where we disagree.

The IDF are fighting the aggressor, you keep forgetting that, plus, if Iran didn't bottle out, it would be a lot worse....😉

Just now, WDSmart said:

Would you please just tell me one more time? If you do, I promise I'll never ask you or anyone else on this forum again.

Iran's backing............🤗

The IDF are fighting the aggressor, you keep forgetting that, plus, if Iran didn't bottle out, it would be a lot worse....😉

The IDF is (US English) fighting Hamas, who committed an aggressive terrorist act against them, killing 1,200 people. But they are now the aggressor by indiscriminately bombing, invading Gaza, and killing many (around 30,000?) civilians. 

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Yawn - reminds me, I need my second cup of coffee. Anyway, as my late dad who fought in WW2 never forgot, the soviets saved our asses as much as the Yanks and lost 20 million as opposed to 400k for the US. Never forget. But it looks like you already have.

I never mention your Reds, but you had to bring them in to demine the USA, and others, your trait........

And don't fabricate a lie that I have forgotten, though it would go along with everything you spout....🥴

• Sad 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

The IDF is (US English) fighting Hamas, who committed an aggressive terrorist act against them, killing 1,200 people. But they are now the aggressor by indiscriminately bombing, invading Gaza, and killing many (around 30,000?) civilians. 

You are a liar............🤨

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

You assume correctly.

Question 2, they have brainwashed their followers into believing that the Israeli are the devil incarnate and even their youngsters play games with one child pretending to be an Israeli and they take turns in stabbing him, please tell me that you don't think that this is normal behaviour. Muslims were killing Jews since time immemorial, it's what they do and whether it has anything to do with their prophet being killed by a Jew I will leave tha one for you to ponder over.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:
6 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Iran's backing............🤗

Okay, I thank you for that, but to me, that's more "how" Hamas attacked Israel, not "why." By "why," I mean what did they dislike about Israel so much as to do what they did on Oct 7? Do you attribute that all to what you would call "antisemitism"?

11 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

That is a moot point and a tad off topic.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

You are a liar............🤨

Where/what is the lie?