Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Strange, so you think IDF should be allowed to kill any journalist reporting thr true, ie not what your people say? 

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Three former supreme court justices, including the court’s former president Lady Hale, are among more than 600 lawyers, academics and retired senior judges warning that the UK government is breaching international law by continuing to arm Israel.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/03/former-supreme-court-judges-say-uk-arming-israel-breaches-international-law

The Guardian................:coffee1:

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Three former supreme court justices, including the court’s former president Lady Hale, are among more than 600 lawyers, academics and retired senior judges warning that the UK government is breaching international law by continuing to arm Israel.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/03/former-supreme-court-judges-say-uk-arming-israel-breaches-international-law

Already been posted!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Strange, so you think IDF should be allowed to kill any journalist reporting thr true, ie not what your people say? 

Nice straw man. Seems to be a trend here.

Don't presume to tell me what I think. That is a shallow and immature way to discuss things.  Right up there with the faux rephrasing by constantly repeating, "so what you're saying is......" and then not saying what I am saying. 

I think journalism as an unbiased source of information is largely gone. And journalists who go into conflict zones freely take the risk to their health that such a decision entails. Embedded with a military, freelancing, doesn't matter. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Friendly fire happens in all wars .

And sometimes it is not an accident, it is to create fear, and avoid future nosey witnesses.

It is a message used in any war, 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

And sometimes it is not an accident, it is to create fear, and avoid future nosey witnesses.

Israel could have just denied them entry into Israel/Gaza , no need to bomb them 

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel could have just denied them entry into Israel/Gaza , no need to bomb them 

They wish, but there is international rules, even Israel have to follow.

35 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, The IDF should be allowed to kill journalists who report true things .

(Said in a really thick stupid voice) 

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

They wish, but there is international rules, even Israel have to follow.

Really, what are those international rules ?

I thought that any Country could deny entry to anyone for any reason .

But what are those international rules that Israel needs to follow ?

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Conspiracy theories not welcome and are untrue!

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Really, what are those international rules ?

I thought that any Country could deny entry to anyone for any reason .

But what are those international rules that Israel needs to follow ?

Israel have signed the Geneva conventions

https://www.ohchr.org/en/instruments-mechanisms/instruments/protocol-additional-geneva-conventions-12-august-1949-and

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What bit of that states that Israel has to let certain people into Israel ?

Obviously you have limited knownledge of international duty and rights, and here you are one of the top experts on war? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Obviously you have limited knownledge of international duty and rights, and here you are one of the top experts on war? 

Yes, I was asking you to tell me . 

I was under the impressions that Countries could deny entry to anyone they liked for any reason .

What are the international laws which force Countries to allow people in ?

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You are so sure about everything, blindly support Israel, do not manage to see connections of cause and reaction or action, and lack of knownledge of human rights.

The international press daily refer to abuse, violence and violated international laws, but there is not one little sign or confirmation from you guys the Israeli might have gone to far.

Enjoy some educational article

"There are specific provisions in international law to protect humanitarian workers and journalists during armed conflict. Under Article 79 of Additional Protocol I of the Geneva Conventions, which codifies a customary rule, journalists in war zones must be treated as civilians and protected as such, provided they play no part in the hostilities"

https://safety.rsf.org/appendix-i-protection-of-journalists-in-war-zones/

Forget all that for the minute as its irrelevant , just tell me what internarial laws force Countries to allow people in to that Country ? 

(Also , your link is about journalist, the people in question were not journalists)

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Forget all that for the minute as its irrelevant , just tell me what internarial laws force Countries to allow people in to that Country ? 

(Also , your link is about journalist, the people in question were not journalists)

You still do not care to find out do you? 

No matter where the medics or health personnel come from, they are protected. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Nice straw man. Seems to be a trend here.

Don't presume to tell me what I think. That is a shallow and immature way to discuss things.  Right up there with the faux rephrasing by constantly repeating, "so what you're saying is......" and then not saying what I am saying. 

I think journalism as an unbiased source of information is largely gone. And journalists who go into conflict zones freely take the risk to their health that such a decision entails. Embedded with a military, freelancing, doesn't matter. 

From the start you have offered your full support for the Israelis. I can understand now that might not be the case so show some integrity and admit you were wrong and stop playing childish games. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You still do not care to find out do you? 

No matter where the medics or health personnel come from, they are protected. 

There isn't any international laws that force Israel to allow anyone in, now is there .

Israel could have just barred them from entering Israel , rather than killing them in Gaza

Besides the WCK were Israel's preferred choice for distributing aid and Israel hoped it would replace the Hamas aligned UNRWA for aid distribution 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There isn't any international laws that force Israel to allow anyone in, now is there .

Israel could have just barred them from entering Israel , rather than killing them in Gaza

Besides the WCK were Israel's preferred choice for distributing aid and Israel hoped it would replace the Hamas aligned UNRWA for aid distribution 

Tell me how Israel can decide or not to block international health workers from entering Gaza? Are you completely out of your mind, or do you really state Gaza is a concentration camp war zone? 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Are you completely out of your mind, or do you really state Gaza is a concentration camp war zone? 

Gaza is a war zone, bit it isn't a concentration camp .

Why did you suddenly mention concentration camps ?

It seems rather random to mention concentration  camos for no apparent reason 

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel can refuse them entry when they arrive in Israel at the airport . 

There is also a fence between Israel and Gaza and the only way into Gaza is through an Israeli checkpoint and Isreal could refuse them entry there , that is why there are complaints about Israel not letting aid in because Rafah is the only way into Gaza .

(No need to get angry with me, just because you made a false statement) 

They could always come through via Egypt though, right?

• Sad 1

"The Hamas charter is to eliminate the Jewish people but starting with Israel." A real masterclass of two Palestian women showing their scant regard for human life whilst displaying their ignorance.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

"The Hamas charter is to eliminate the Jewish people but starting with Israel." A real masterclass of two Palestian women showing their scant regard for human life whilst displaying their ignorance.

Its nice to hear people talking and listening .

So many T.V "discussions" nowadays are just two groups of people shouting at each other and nothing can be heard . Both shouting and neither listening 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its nice to hear people talking and listening .

So many T.V "discussions" nowadays are just two groups of people shouting at each other and nothing can be heard . Both shouting and neither listening 

These Palestian women are both educated but they are completely programmed.