Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 minute ago, Hawaiian said:

Neutralizing Hamas is a slow, drawn out process, a job made very difficult and risky as Hamas is embedded in the civilian population with no concern for their lives.  Hiding out in schools and medical facilities is as low as you can go. 

Unfortunately, taking control of the border has antagonized the Egyptians.  Israel has no choice since Egypt has not been very effective in cutting off supplies and weapons to Hamas.  The IDF has been doing a good job of exposing how extensive the Hamas network is and destroying it piece by piece.

The US has backed Israel on this move all the way for control of that border. But yes getting enough of the terrorists to stop them being a continuing threat will take a long time.

The White House said Tuesday that Israel’s offensive in Rafah had not amounted to the type of full-scale operation that would breach US President Joe Biden’s “red lines,” and said it had no plans to change its policy toward Israel.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

“Decisive international action” – including sanctions and an arms embargo – must be imposed on Israel over its widely condemned assault on the southern Gaza city of Rafah, dozens of UN experts demand.

Israel’s attack on Rafah is not a “major operation”, the US State Department says, even though thousands of troops are in the area, dozens of Palestinians have been killed, and one million people displaced.

Israel’s military killed more than 60 people – including many women and children – in four days of attacks on “safe zones” in Rafah, Save the Children charity says.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/5/31/israels-war-on-gaza-live-unrelenting-nightmare-for-weary-palestinians

Caption on the article: "You rely on Al Jazeera for truth and transparency."

I say quite far from the truth and totally biased reporting.

Edited by Hawaiian
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I feel exactly the same when I see posts relating to Israeli actions reported by The Times of Israel, which cannot be verified by outside sources, everyone is entitled to an opinion on the news wherever it comes from surely.

Times of Israel has a far higher factual reporting credibility than AJ. In fact its on par with the New York Times and above the Washington Post.

image.png.ea6e8a68a7973cf92999ecc5468ba467.png

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/times-of-israel/

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I thought we were not supposed to be giving history lessons. Saying that Jerusalem was Jewish 2,000 years ago is hardly relevant now.

So in the same way, its not relevant that Jerusalem used to be under Islamic rule and they have no claim to Jerusalem .

Their claims to retake Jerusalem based in it previously being Islamic are irrelevant 

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

After withdrawing from Jabalia refugee camp, it has been found that israeli forces have destroyed it. Israel continues to break every international law and America colludes to protect them.

America should be laughed out of the room next time they criticize any country for breaking international law.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/5/30/israels-war-on-gaza-live-no-safe-shelter-as-dozens-killed-in-rafah?update=2936963

Israel’s war on Gaza updates: Jabalia reduced to rubble after incursion

Because there weren't masses of terrorists firing rockets and rpg's imbedded amongst the civilian infrastructure no? Didn't the IDF also get 7 murdered hostage bodies out of Jabalia tunnels? I wonder why that's not in the link you provided?

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Because there weren't masses of terrorists firing rockets and rpg's imbedded amongst the civilian infrastructure no? Didn't the IDF also get 7 murdered hostage bodies out of Jabalia tunnels? I wonder why that's not in the link you provided?

Because he's on their side........🤕

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

After withdrawing from Jabalia refugee camp, it has been found that israeli forces have destroyed it. Israel continues to break every international law and America colludes to protect them.

America should be laughed out of the room next time they criticize any country for breaking international law.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/5/30/israels-war-on-gaza-live-no-safe-shelter-as-dozens-killed-in-rafah?update=2936963

Israel’s war on Gaza updates: Jabalia reduced to rubble after incursion

Just a couple of the murdered hostages bodies found in Jabalia tunnels...............

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The US has backed Israel on this move all the way for control of that border. But yes getting enough of the terrorists to stop them being a continuing threat will take a long time.

The White House said Tuesday that Israel’s offensive in Rafah had not amounted to the type of full-scale operation that would breach US President Joe Biden’s “red lines,” and said it had no plans to change its policy toward Israel.

Drip, drip, drip, still fills the bucket.

Unfortunately, I don't see The Don changing anything after his election.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yep, trawling for decent shop changing rooms.....😝

4 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

“Decisive international action” – including sanctions and an arms embargo – must be imposed on Israel over its widely condemned assault on the southern Gaza city of Rafah, dozens of UN experts demand.

Israel’s attack on Rafah is not a “major operation”, the US State Department says, even though thousands of troops are in the area, dozens of Palestinians have been killed, and one million people displaced.

Israel’s military killed more than 60 people – including many women and children – in four days of attacks on “safe zones” in Rafah, Save the Children charity says.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/5/31/israels-war-on-gaza-live-unrelenting-nightmare-for-weary-palestinians

Honest reporting states that Israel didn't target a safe zone . 

It was Hamas ammunition that exploded 

"Israel Didn’t Target a Safe Zone in Rafah. So What Happened?

Almost eight months into the Israel-Hamas war, and the media have learned nothing in regard to blindly reporting Hamas’ propaganda. Although the investigation of the cause of the fire in Rafah is still underway, here are the details we do know."

https://honestreporting.com/israel-didnt-target-a-safe-zone-in-rafah-so-what-happened/

57 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I doubt that. 

4 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I feel exactly the same when I see posts relating to Israeli actions reported by The Times of Israel, which cannot be verified by outside sources, everyone is entitled to an opinion on the news wherever it comes from surely.

Did I post a link or quote anything from The Times of Israel? 

15 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Did I post a link or quote anything from The Times of Israel? 

No you didn't, but you called into question AJ and I said I felt the same about The Times of Israel, what's your point?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

No you didn't, but you called into question AJ and I said I felt the same about The Times of Israel, what's your point?

Just curious why you singled them out of the many other news media sites.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Just curious why you singled them out of the many other news media sites.

To be totally honest I don't trust the majority of news media sites, especially where it's all about profits, kowtowing to owners etc etc, countries/states from whatever side only wanting their point of view published with no corroborating evidence from independent sources.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:

To be totally honest I don't trust the majority of news media sites, especially where it's all about profits, kowtowing to owners etc etc, countries/states from whatever side only wanting their point of view published with no corroborating evidence from independent sources.

So you prefer a media outlet that supports Hamas and employs them to spread their lies.

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

No, not at all, read and inwardly digest what I wrote.

You should probably do exactly that while reading my post. It contains facts.

12 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Top of the list for me - at least in the west - is CNN and the BBC.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Palestinians don't want a two state solution either, the reason the Israelis don't want a 2SS is pretty obvious, the reason the Palestinians don't want a 2SS is because they want Israel and the annihilation of the citizens of Israel. 

So reverting to my initial question to you, what should the Israelis do, lay down their arms and let the Palestinians kill them????? 

They could have agreed to Palestinian proposal during Camp David Summit in 2000.

15 minutes ago, niccodemi said:

They could have agreed to Palestinian proposal during Camp David Summit in 2000.

What proposal was that, that they agree to be eradicated? 

21 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Jews "Judaizing " Jerusalem ?

As Al-Quds /Jerusalem was 100 % Jewish before Muslims took over the land , it could be said that Jews are taking Al-Quds back from the Muslim invaders 

What year / during which period was Jerusalem 100% Jewish before Muslims took over the land?

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Palestinians will keep fighting until they get what they want , that is why they cannot live peacefully on the land and that is why they need to be removed from the land 

What is the issue with giving them what they want? By them I am referring to Palestinians not Hamas. There is nothing extraordinary in their proposal at Camp David Summit in 2000.

• Agree 2