Biden to deliver high-stakes State of the Union address: Live updates

Social Media

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

It was a great speech, detailing the major differences between Biden and trump:

---Biden actually gets things done, trump only has slogans and empty promises (like Mexico paying for a wall that was never built)

---Biden wants to protect freedoms, trump wants to take freedoms away, especially women's freedom

trumpers can bark all they want, offering nothing as is their norm, but rather than shout 'gaslighting' or some other silly rant, they can check official USG websites to show that what Biden detailed as accomplishments are fact.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/state-union-address-transcript-read-030211757.html

From the transcript we can see:

Biden inherited the trump Recession; the economy is going gangbusters now, the highest growth since the Clinton years.

"15 million new jobs in 3 years

A record 16 million Americans are starting small businesses and each one is an act of hope.

800,000 new manufacturing jobs in America and counting.

More people have health insurance today than ever before.

The racial wealth gap is the smallest it’s been in 20 years.

Wages keep going up and inflation keeps coming down!

Inflation has dropped from 9% to 3% – the lowest in the world!"

The cost of insulin for seniors---many of whom are overweight trumpers---has dropped from $400/month to $35/month

The infrastructure is being rebuilt, as opposed to trump's endless Infrastructure Weeks that never happened

Getting the Chips Act passed means new chip plants (with jobs paying over $100,000 per year) are being built in the US, the first new chip plants in decades, and making the US less dependent on unstable supply chains.

Biden noted that he worked out a bipartisan border and immigration Bill with conservative Senate Republicans, a Bill that would add funding to securing the border, hiring more agents, hiring Immigration officers, installing drug detection equipment, etc., but in the end Repubs blocked it. And why?

"I’m told my predecessor called Republicans in Congress and demanded they block the bill. He feels it would be a political win for me and a political loser for him."---from the transcript

Another key point from the transcript:

"The year before I took office, murders went up 30% nationwide the biggest increase in history.

That was then.

Now, through my American Rescue Plan, which every Republican voted against, I’ve made the largest investment in public safety ever.

Last year, the murder rate saw the sharpest decrease in history, and violent crime fell to one of the lowest levels in more than 50 years."

Then there's the rebuilt NATO, the entity standing up against putin's heinous aggression in Ukraine. Finland is now a member, and just yesterday, Sweden joined. Putin want's NATO to fail. So does trump.

Biden has major accomplishment and a detailed outline (read the transcript) for the future. trump has only slogans and vindictiveness.

Bored with the SOS emoji.

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Except Biden just delivered an excellent speech.

No. Slurred excusing and vote buying, virtue signaling, dog whistling, divisiveness from an angry old man. Disrespected SCOTUS, condoned illegality. He's in trouble in more ways than one. Don't be fooled by the canned applause track.

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Republicans need to ditch the grifter, rid themselves of the hate filled extremists and get back the Republican values that Regan represented.

Dims first. We're at a point where we have to have a Repub thug to fight leftist thuggery permeating the administrative state, media, tech, education, and favored corporations. The good news for you is that Trump tends not be very effective, hamstrung as he is and tripping over his own ego. Dims have increased his appeal by all the persecution, so it's likely he can get elected. A number of Repubs would be more effective and a lot less annoying, but none seems to have enough charisma to get elected. Dims in the same situation. They really only got Biden. Nobody likes Harris, Newsome made too big of mess of CA and is a kind of slick car salesman no one really likes. Etc. So it goes.  

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh, Trump didn’t like Biden’s State of the Union Address.

Call the ketchup cleanup team and get them to Mar-A-Largo ASAP.

Ooh, very good. Better sweep the WH while they're at it.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Not true and a myth created by Trump to hookwink gullible low education rednecks. 

So the millions that have streamed across the border in the past 3 years is all made up then and it got so bad none were moved onto democrat sanctuary cities who soon started to complain, all made up as well, even though they are on film 😄

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Imagine wanting Trump has president. Does your head in. What's wrong with you guys. Pick some other republican. God. 

Better than Biden.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Not true and a myth created by Trump to hookwink gullible low education rednecks. 

And what about low education Latino's, Blacks and Asians.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Back to his sanitary worker roots. 

Ad hominems only work if the attempted insult is an actual insult.

i’ve never been a ‘sanitary worker’ but if I’d see nothing wrong with having done hard and socially important work.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tgw said:

Putin probably has kompromat on a number of MAGA Reps.

But he wants weak Biden and they don't seem to be cooperating. Anyway all the Hillary-led Russian hoaxing no longer works. Mueller and Durham did it in, sorry.

Now it's just hate Trump for being Trump. Demonization is all they really got, given Biden's record and senility.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

But he wants weak Biden and they don't seem to be cooperating. Anyway all the Hillary-led Russian hoaxing no longer works. Mueller and Durham did it in, sorry.

Now it's just hate Trump for being Trump. Demonization is all they really got, given Biden's record and senility.

Weak Biden who just spoke directly on the matter of supporting Ukraine.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tgw said:

The man doesn't matter, because he has a team that will do the right thing anyway, and I'm not saying that to disparage Biden, but it's the program people will be voting for.

I'm disparaging Biden's speech, the topic here, in view of all the forum hosannas.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Weak Biden who just spoke directly on the matter of supporting Ukraine.

Been talking and talking. And talking. Ukraine's losing. Biden can't even contain a tribe of stone-age Houtis.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I see the talking points are trickling in.

The Federalist early in the game.

MAGA song sheets to the ready.

Biden just mumbles what's on the teleprompters.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I see the talking points are trickling in.

The Federalist early in the game.

MAGA song sheets to the ready.

Note that you can't, or won't, read in depth but simple disparage the source, as our leftist trolls always do. It's the reason you don't really know anything, just reading headlines from CNN, MSNBC, and paying close attention to the brilliant ladies on The View.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1