Biden to deliver high-stakes State of the Union address: Live updates

Social Media

9 minutes ago, transam said:

My comments are based on my own experience of watching McTrump's behaviour around the Royals. :coffee1:

On television or did have the honor to watch him live at the Palace?

1 minute ago, G_Money said:

And what the his behavior that you did not approve of?

That would be too difficult to explain in full, but touching the Queen was a real no-no, which he should have been educated about.

Secondly, he asked a Royal aid where the nearest McDonald's was...................🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Americans don't care about Britain. Nobody outside Britain does.

2 minutes ago, G_Money said:

I have had the honour to sing at a Royal Palace and thankfully no Trump, but no, I never saw the secret Big Mac delivery, though I did watch a lot of Trump in the UK on the box........🤗

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

Americans don't care about Britain. Nobody outside Britain does.

Strange that there is a huge number of Americans that visit the UK every year, but I don't know about you Australians..........:cowboy:

46 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Please do tell us about your dinner conversations at Hyannis port.

You from Massachusetts?

Please do tell us about your dinner conversations at Mar a Lago.

You from Florida?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He did have his ex-wife buried in his golf course to evade tax. To you that’s good behavior. 

Buring your ex wife is a personal thing. 

Well written article in the Austrakian media....

Influential scholar Hannah Arendt described the conditions in which dictators thrive: “In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true.”

Her words, written decades ago, could have been describing the United States today.

The words that should haunt America and serve as a warning to Australians (msn.com)

55 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I've got Dolf on ignore, so thankfully cannot see his posts, but you are answering one of his posts whereby he states that trump is truthful!!!!

Now I don't know what planet this Dolf is from, but it certainly isn't earth to state that trump is truthful – – he has to be kidding, because only complete and utter idiot would state and believe that.

I see that you got nothing but abuse. You lost an argument then quit. Shows your character.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

I have had the honour to sing at a Royal Palace and thankfully no Trump, but no, I never saw the secret Big Mac delivery, though I did watch a lot of Trump in the UK on the box........🤗

Are you Elton John or Paul McCartney in disguise on this forum?

Edited by G_Money

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Influential scholar Hannah Arendt described the conditions in which dictators thrive: “In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true.”

Her words, written decades ago, could have been describing the United States today.

The words that should haunt America and serve as a warning to Australians (msn.com)

Nothing much in that article. Nothing burger.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

I see that you got nothing but abuse. You lost an argument then quit. Shows your character.

He probably made the right choice to put you on ignore, which most have, BN.....:guitar:

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, G_Money said:

Are you Elton John or Paul McCartney in disguise on this forum?

And the wrong behavior of Trump towards the Royals you speak about?

No, I am not famous, but I did sing in London at one of her majesties residences, which was not a prison....😂

You go watch McTrump videos, but if you have no idea of etiquette around ae UK monarch, then you will be wasting your time.............😉

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, transam said:

That would be too difficult to explain in full, but touching the Queen was a real no-no, which he should have been educated about.

Secondly, he asked a Royal aid where the nearest McDonald's was...................🤣

Perhaps the Royal aid should have briefed Trump first on proper etiquette.  Blaming the aid is more proper I would think.

I was unaware asking an aid a question was a no no.  At least he didn’t ask the Queen.

The palace is a big place.  If one needs to go to the can, water closet, bathroom or toilet, who does one ask?  Or is one expected to hold it in.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Please do tell us about your dinner conversations at Mar a Lago.

You from Florida?

I would love to if I am ever that fortunate.  

3 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Perhaps the Royal aid should have briefed Trump first on proper etiquette.  Blaming the aid is more proper I would think.

I was unaware asking an aid a question was a no no.  At least he didn’t ask the Queen.

The palace is a big place.  If one needs to go to the can, water closet, bathroom or toilet, who does one ask?  Or is one expected to hold it in.

How would he know? He's not a royal. 

Just now, G_Money said:

I think you missed my witty comment..Oh bless..........😂

Do you actually think there is only on Royalty linked Palace in London.........🙄

I think you need to do a bit more research as you seem to be lost.

Actually, my UK house was built on Palace orchard ground, isn't that interesting.........🤭  

19 minutes ago, simple1 said:

An excellent description of the Biden administration.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I think you missed my witty comment..Oh bless..........😂

Do you actually think there is only on Royalty linked Palace in London.........🙄

I think you need to do a bit more research as you seem to be lost.

Actually, my UK house was built on Palace orchard ground, isn't that interesting.........🤭  

I guess my simple questions were too much for a Royal to answer, but most likely because you have no legitimate answer.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Really sad address. Nobody can overcome old age and I really got a feeling about this during the address.

He went out trying though, which was honorable. It felt like a last lone soldier charging towards a large army refusing to surrender and bearing the defeated countries flag. I came away sad about getting older myself after watching it.

He looks 87 not 81. Only mumbled 12 words versus his usual 30 but I only watched 4 minutes so maybe it was worse. His minders finally told him the difference between Ukraine and Israel.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1