Biden to deliver high-stakes State of the Union address: Live updates

Social Media

6 hours ago, Tug said:

I donno but as long as he is getting those outstanding results across the board say whatever they like!stocks/inflation/legistation/nato/unemployment…and on and on!!! 

37% support. Worst since Truman

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Arrested.

State of the Union: Gold Star dad whose son died during U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan arrested for heckling Biden

A man who heckled President Biden during his State of the Union address on Thursday night was removed by Capitol Police officers and arrested, the U.S. Capitol Police confirmed in a statement to Yahoo News.  https://www.yahoo.com/news/state-of-the-union-gold-star-dad-whose-son-died-during-us-withdrawal-from-afghanistan-arrested-for-heckling-biden-050919369.html

Edited by John Drake
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

It was a great speech, detailing the major differences between Biden and trump:

---Biden actually gets things done, trump only has slogans and empty promises (like Mexico paying for a wall that was never built)

---Biden wants to protect freedoms, trump wants to take freedoms away, especially women's freedom

trumpers can bark all they want, offering nothing as is their norm, but rather than shout 'gaslighting' or some other silly rant, they can check official USG websites to show that what Biden detailed as accomplishments are fact.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/state-union-address-transcript-read-030211757.html

From the transcript we can see:

Biden inherited the trump Recession; the economy is going gangbusters now, the highest growth since the Clinton years.

"15 million new jobs in 3 years

A record 16 million Americans are starting small businesses and each one is an act of hope.

800,000 new manufacturing jobs in America and counting.

More people have health insurance today than ever before.

The racial wealth gap is the smallest it’s been in 20 years.

Wages keep going up and inflation keeps coming down!

Inflation has dropped from 9% to 3% – the lowest in the world!"

The cost of insulin for seniors---many of whom are overweight trumpers---has dropped from $400/month to $35/month

The infrastructure is being rebuilt, as opposed to trump's endless Infrastructure Weeks that never happened

Getting the Chips Act passed means new chip plants (with jobs paying over $100,000 per year) are being built in the US, the first new chip plants in decades, and making the US less dependent on unstable supply chains.

Biden noted that he worked out a bipartisan border and immigration Bill with conservative Senate Republicans, a Bill that would add funding to securing the border, hiring more agents, hiring Immigration officers, installing drug detection equipment, etc., but in the end Repubs blocked it. And why?

"I’m told my predecessor called Republicans in Congress and demanded they block the bill. He feels it would be a political win for me and a political loser for him."---from the transcript

Another key point from the transcript:

"The year before I took office, murders went up 30% nationwide the biggest increase in history.

That was then.

Now, through my American Rescue Plan, which every Republican voted against, I’ve made the largest investment in public safety ever.

Last year, the murder rate saw the sharpest decrease in history, and violent crime fell to one of the lowest levels in more than 50 years."

Then there's the rebuilt NATO, the entity standing up against putin's heinous aggression in Ukraine. Finland is now a member, and just yesterday, Sweden joined. Putin want's NATO to fail. So does trump.

Biden has major accomplishment and a detailed outline (read the transcript) for the future. trump has only slogans and vindictiveness.

I jumped the gun too soon in my previous reply concerning length.  I stand corrected.

Still accurate regarding lack of accuracy.

Nothing new.

Edited by G_Money
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Except he isn’t.

No? The polls say otherwise. Of course a lot could change between now and November. But why isn't Biden running away with it if his opponent is so incompetent?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Pointing out that Russia or anywhere else has lower prescription drug prices than the U.S. is not ‘bogging up’ any of those places.

"Bogging up"?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

"Bogging up"?  

Thanks for pointing out my typo.

I don’t make typos deliberately but I do understand they are appreciated by some in need of a chance to be occasionally right about something.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, candide said:

I wasn't saying it was factually incorrect.

I was saying it was a strange choice of country to praise in the circumstances.

Given recent events, I suspect he meant to say another city and got mixed up. He did make relatively few mistakes though, by his standards. I guess they got the Koolaid right... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Thanks for pointing out my typo.

I don’t make typos deliberately but I do understand they are appreciated by some in need of a chance to be occasionally right about something.

I wasn't sure if it was a typo, attempting another strawman by changing my words or simply very confused again, like you were with the difference between automatic gearboxes and self drive cars in the other thread. 

But yes, complimenting the captial of Russia on their low prescription prices was a very unusual choice. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I wasn't sure if it was a typo, attempting another strawman by changing my words or simply very confused again, like you were with the difference between automatic gearboxes and self drive cars in the other thread. 

But yes, complimenting the captial of Russia on their low prescription prices was a very unusual choice. 

I’m sure you’ll figure it out eventually, or cling onto it as a treasured victory never to be forgotten.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1