Mr. President, the border crisis is not on us, it’s on you

Social Media

14 hours ago, candide said:

No, I am showing that smuggling large quantities of drugs through the border did not start under Biden's mandate.

So who's mandate would you say that it did start under?

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I guess it was Obama. How is your question relevant to the discussion I had with another poster?

1 minute ago, candide said:

I guess it was Obama. How is your question relevant to the discussion I had with another poster?

Thanks. Obama. Relevant to me because we were talking about it a couple of days ago but all you came up with then was the problem did not start under Biden. That is true but the incompleteness of what you said implied that it started under Trump, which we both know, is not so.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 7:46 AM, Roo Island said:

Trump is mentally unfit to be president. Pretty much every one of his former cabinet members agree. Guaranteed they know him better than you or I.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/01/18/opinion/trump-cabinet-election-2024.html

These appointees didn’t start out opposed to Mr. Trump. Not only are they people whom Mr. Trump chose — he claimed he would hire the “best people” — they are people who thought Mr. Trump was worth working for. But many of them quickly became alarmed by Mr. Trump’s personality, temperament and policy aims.

Any friends on that desert island?

• Love It 1

On 3/10/2024 at 9:54 AM, Dan O said:

Check your history for facts not claims made by trumlettes.  I guess if you tell a lie often enough people too lazy to fact check believe the bs. " strong borders" He made little impact other than his claims.  Check the facts.   border issues started decades ago and will go on well into the future.  The president has little that they can do other than talk and make claims or blame someone else. Congress and the legislative branch control  the laws on what can and can not be done. Check facts on the wars, they were already deescalating and he increase actively in some and instigated the belief it was ok to start or increase others from his removal of treaties and agreements. Then he pulled troops without notice in the middle east and jeopardized the little stability there was there but left the impact for the next admin. History is not on your side and you really need to check facts not claims

The facts re there and you need to recheck them..not rewrite them.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2024 at 2:02 PM, Dan O said:

I never said the border issue arent a huge issue but they have been a huge issue for decades for a variety of reasons and trump did nothing to change that other than blame others and worsened it by some of the changes he tried to force thru.  Facts are facts and have nothing to do with me loving to ignore them as you seem to be doing. Do your research and you'll see the damage that trump did immediately by his actions and on an ongoing basis which culminated in a variety of the conflicts going on today. Dont reply to me any more on this as you and I are done with this. Believe what you want but facts dont lie.

Your "facts" do. How come border security is the top election issue for so any Americans?  

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/immigration-emerges-key-2024-wedge-issue-trump-vulnerability/story?id=106635907

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Thanks. Obama. Relevant to me because we were talking about it a couple of days ago but all you came up with then was the problem did not start under Biden. That is true but the incompleteness of what you said implied that it started under Trump, which we both know, is not so.

No. Stop making up what I implied. I uploaded the graph for all to see, and it is quite explicit about when it started and when it was growing. A rather big graph!

Sorry if "all I came up with" were facts! 😁

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/10/2024 at 6:20 PM, Danderman123 said:

If the border were really the crisis that you claim, you should be angry at Congressional Republicans who refuse to do anything about it.

Biden opened it up. He can close it again.

• Agree 1

On 3/10/2024 at 8:27 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

I believe the Republican response to tragic and unnecessary killings is ‘thoughts and prayer’ followed by blocking any legislation aimed at reducing the root cause.

Which is exactly what Republicans are doing at the border, refusing to back Bi-partisan legislation because the fat guy doesn’t like it.

So give up with camping on the deaths of innocent, you’re full of it.

The root cause was Biden cancelling existing Executive Orders 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, candide said:

No. Stop making up what I implied. I uploaded the graph for all to see, and it is quite explicit about when it started and when it was growing. A rather big graph!

Sorry if "all I came up with" were facts! 😁

I've explained what I saw as implied and why that was. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

When did drug smuggling across the Mexican border start?  Seriously?

My guess is around the mid-twentieth century, when a lot of recreational drugs were made illegal in the US.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, G_Money said:

But it drastically increased during his watch and had done nothing to stop it.

Large quantities have been smuggled during both Trump's and Biden's mandates. Why?

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

When did drug smuggling across the Mexican border start?  Seriously?

My guess is around the mid-twentieth century, when a lot of recreational drugs were made illegal in the US.

I think the specific drug under discussion was Fentanyl.

He was. This idiot story only considers drug seizures. Because the borders are more open now, there is less fentanyl getting intercepted.

Yeah! Why don't they do something about that?

Oh wait, they tried.  It was part of the immigration bill Trump told his followers to shut down.

"The package also includes bipartisan sweeteners, including the FEND Off Fentanyl Act, which would target, sanction and block the financial assets of people involved in the fentanyl supply chain, from chemical suppliers in China to drug traffickers from Mexico. The anti-fentanyl bill is authored by the leaders of the Senate Banking Committee, Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, and Tim Scott, R-S.C., and it has support from 67 senators."  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/new-immigration-asylum-reform-bill-released-senate-text-rcna136602

"Yet only about 20% of lorries and less than 5% of cars are x-rayed as they enter America. The administration wants to increase that and send more agents to the border to curb both drug-trafficking and illegal immigration. (The two problems are quite distinct, Mr Mayorkas points out: the vast majority of drugs are intercepted at regular border crossings, not carried into America by undocumented migrants.) But last month Republicans in Congress killed a bipartisan bill that would have beefed up policing of the border, at the behest of Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee for president."  https://www.economist.com/briefing/2024/02/29/americas-ten-year-old-fentanyl-epidemic-is-still-getting-worse

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Yeah! Why don't they do something about that?

Oh wait, they tried.  It was part of the immigration bill Trump told his followers to shut down.

"The package also includes bipartisan sweeteners, including the FEND Off Fentanyl Act, which would target, sanction and block the financial assets of people involved in the fentanyl supply chain, from chemical suppliers in China to drug traffickers from Mexico. The anti-fentanyl bill is authored by the leaders of the Senate Banking Committee, Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, and Tim Scott, R-S.C., and it has support from 67 senators."  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/new-immigration-asylum-reform-bill-released-senate-text-rcna136602

"Yet only about 20% of lorries and less than 5% of cars are x-rayed as they enter America. The administration wants to increase that and send more agents to the border to curb both drug-trafficking and illegal immigration. (The two problems are quite distinct, Mr Mayorkas points out: the vast majority of drugs are intercepted at regular border crossings, not carried into America by undocumented migrants.) But last month Republicans in Congress killed a bipartisan bill that would have beefed up policing of the border, at the behest of Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee for president."  https://www.economist.com/briefing/2024/02/29/americas-ten-year-old-fentanyl-epidemic-is-still-getting-worse

The bulk of the money in this proposed bill goes to the Ukraine. The Democrats know that this is a sticking point with the Republicans but, as is their style, they want to mix everything up together in the hope that they can get it all rammed though together. Split it up and might happen.

Where is the evidence that Trump's "followers" are taking his orders?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The bulk of the money in this proposed bill goes to the Ukraine. The Democrats know that this is a sticking point with the Republicans but, as is their style, they want to mix everything up together in the hope that they can get it all rammed though together. Split it up and might happen.

Where is the evidence that Trump's "followers" are taking his orders?

Correct.  Trump wants to deny Biden any semblance of success this year, even if it means more illegal immigrants, more illegal drugs, and handing Russia a tremendous victory in Ukraine.

Trump disparages something/someone and his followers go nuts announcing their hatred of that thing or person.  Haven't you noticed that?  That was enough to shoot down the bill. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It doesn't change anything. As long as the border security people are overworked, they will have less resources to stop the flow of drugs.

And the Republicans had the chance to fix that, but refused, under direction from Trump.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Correct.  Trump wants to deny Biden any semblance of success this year, even if it means more illegal immigrants, more illegal drugs, and handing Russia a tremendous victory in Ukraine.

Trump disparages something/someone and his followers go nuts announcing their hatred of that thing or person.  Haven't you noticed that?  That was enough to shoot down the bill. 

I don't think Biden needs any help blowing his election chances - he is doing just fine on his own.

OK, so there is no evidence that Trump's "followers" are taking his orders.

• Like 1

I don't think Biden needs any help blowing his election chances - he is doing just fine on his own.

OK, so there is no evidence that Trump's "followers" are taking his orders.

You can believe that if you want.  Better informed people know better.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

It doesn't change anything. As long as the border security people are overworked, they will have less resources to stop the flow of drugs.

Remind us which party is curently blocking funding? 😀

Edited by candide
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Remind us why their blocking?

Good question. Why did they block it despite a bipartisan Senate proposal? 😀

They don't want to resolve this issue so that they can go on whining about it!

Edited by candide
  • Agree 1