Mr. President, the border crisis is not on us, it’s on you

Social Media

Biden is fooling nobody with his sudden interest in controlling the borders.

It's like Bud Light trying to be ultra American after the Dylan Mulvaney fiasco. People don't forget. The damage has been done and no amount of soundbites and PR spin will fix it. 

41 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

NOT TRUE

There has to be a beneficiary of a provision i n the bill for their to be pork. In this case the beneficiary will be one of those in the list. The extra amount is nothing more than a contingency item.

24 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I see you're unable to stick to the topic. Typical biden administration apologist deflection reply.

Thought I mention Biden and the border crisis. Oh well.

Edited by ozimoron

Just now, ozimoron said:

There has to be a beneficiary of a provision i n the bill for their to be pork. In this case the beneficiary will be one of those in the list. The extra amount is nothing more than a contingency item.

NOT TRUE

Just now, Skipalongcassidy said:

NOT TRUE

Then describe where the pork is. Not just "we don't specifically know which one of the listed beneficiaries will get the money therefore it could be anybody, we just don't have a clue who but this needs investigating right now".

37 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's like Bud Light trying to be ultra American after the Dylan Mulvaney fiasco. People don't forget. The damage has been done and no amount of soundbites and PR spin will fix it. 

Trump had the WH, House of Rep and the senate and still can't control the borders. The borders have been problematic for decades and should be addressed bipartisan not hijacked for political leverage. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

That's what Trump's revenge politics is all about.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

It was hilarious and Biden will be humoured and will see the funny side of the parody rather than investigate nor consult his advisers and lawyers to mitigate jokes and go after the comedians or even attempt to sue. 

You lost me/everyone.  What exactly are you posting about?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, G_Money said:

You lost me/everyone.  What exactly are you posting about?

You don’t recognized the hallmarks of your dear leader highly thinned skin when humored by comedians? 

55 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You don’t recognized the hallmarks of your dear leader highly thinned skin when humored by comedians? 

He has been a guest on SNL numerous times as well as numerous celebrity roast.  He is good natured about getting razzed, dogged out or ridiculed in those moments.

I never recalled hearing about him consulting lawyers and mitigating comedians.  I would suspect it depends where it took place and what was said.

Not saying it didn’t as I try not to spend 24/7 monitoring every news event.  I waste enough time on this forum.

Anyway, that’s probably the least of his worries currently.

Like him or not imo he his thick skinned to be going through what he’s been going through since he first ran for office.  Regardless of his guilt or innocence.

All arguments aside, our population is shrinking, and the US has spent the Social Security collected.  The only option for long range stability is allowing more immigration.  What else can they do--have enforced births........oh , never mind. They are trying that now.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, FangFerang said:

All arguments aside, our population is shrinking, and the US has spent the Social Security collected.  The only option for long range stability is allowing more immigration.  What else can they do--have enforced births........oh , never mind. They are trying that now.

We already have enforced births.

They’re called Anchor Babies.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

Which desperation? The order dates from 2021.

It's more like GOP's desperation! 😀

Another example of GOP and Fox News making up things.

We think..., we fear..., probably..., etc... 0 evidence provided.

Edited by candide

44 minutes ago, G_Money said:

I suggest, the title of the link and the article is misleading and disingenuous.

It is just the opinion of Mississippi Republican Michael Watson who 'says the Biden executive order creates 'numerous opportunities' for ineligible voters to vote', without any real evidence that it has actually been attempted or happened.

Interestingly, in the article there is another link to another article :

Nonpartisan watchdog releases report outlining top election security threats for 2024: 'A lot can go sideways'.

One of the main recommendations of the watchdog is to 'investigate and prosecute election crimes'.

I can only suggest Jack be nimble......

Nonpartisan watchdog releases report outlining top election security threats for 2024: 'A lot can go sideways' | Fox News

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FangFerang said:

The Social Security tax cap could be raised, and then Social Security would be stable for a long time.

Do you disagree?

• Like 1

the thread title should be changed to 'watching paint dry', bet this is like going to a Biden rally...actually is that a thing? would it be more of a WI meeting, a few baked cakes and hoopla competition and a lemonade stand!

looking forward to Trumps closing Bidens open border mess, i wonder if he will be able to beat obamas deportation record. lets hope so.. was it 5.5 million total? (to keep on topic)

Edited by frank83628
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

A lot of revenge and retribution in his speeches. Kind of opposite of your description of him.

Opps he did it again with his jealousy ladened and whiny rant about Jimmy K as host of the Oscar and got back a mouthful from Jimmy deservingly. 

Jimmy K. He deserves everything Trump says about him.  Just a overpaid, talentless punk.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Jimmy K. He deserves everything Trump says about him.  Just a overpaid, talentless punk.

Sadly, the zenith of his comedy career was "Girls jumping on trampolines"  It's been downhill since...

Fortunately for him, the lefties won't pull up episodes of "The Man Show" to club him with- as long as he toes their line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, G_Money said:

And, of course, no drug was smuggled through the border under Trump!

Wait a minute! Most of the growth of Fentanyl use and deaths occurred under Trump! Wasn't this drug smuggled through the border? 😃

Sorry, another spreadsheet stuff reported by a highly reliable source!😁

https://www.economist.com/briefing/2024/02/29/americas-ten-year-old-fentanyl-epidemic-is-still-getting-worse

images.jpeg.jpg