Mr. President, the border crisis is not on us, it’s on you

Social Media

11 hours ago, xylophone said:

I'm not sure whether it's because they are poorly educated and therefore gullible, as trump likes, or that they are so anti-democrats that they will post any lies that they/trump deam up.

I've been posting on here since 2005 and this is the first time I've ever really considered leaving, although I do like to post on the occasional thread, but my patience has all but run out now.

Bye bye, it's been real.

:wai:

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, G_Money said:

That’s all fox (news) they aren’t reputable many are saying they aren’t journalists (many are saying a trumpisum) he he he!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

What a moronic attempt to justify joe and his failed border policy... the funds are there to secure the border... and it is not the legislative branch blocking securing the border... they have already passed the necessary legislation to do so... joe and his cabal have chosen not to enforce the laws already on the books... that's not the way "our system is designed to function"

Laws on the book sis all good but where will he get the money? Oh, right, I know, the border funding package! You know, the one that the spruiker Johnson wouldn't put to a floor vote because it contained funding for Ukraine and that would upset the dear leader/s.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Laws on the book sis all good but where will he get the money? Oh, right, I know, the border funding package! You know, the one that the spruiker Johnson wouldn't put to a floor vote because it contained funding for Ukraine and that would upset the dear leader/s.

Stick with the facts... the USA allocated $25 billion dollars for 2024... the "auxillary" bill for $118 billion contained an additional $20 billion for the border security... two takeaways... 1.  why not submit a clean bill for $20 billion... and 2. how is the $25 billion not enough in the first place... who's auditing where it is spent... maybe it is on all the airline flights of immigrants being organized and brought in from other countries... so once again a government failure.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Same reason as they wouldn't submit a clean bill on Ukraine funding I guess. Republicans like clean bills until they don't. There was comprehensive funding for border control, Ukraine and Israel. The traitors objected to the Ukraine funding at Trump's behest.

You still cannot be totally honest can you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Was my post factually incorrect? In any way? You probably need to stop referring to MY honesty and start telling us why was dishonest IN MY POST? Innuendo doesn't cut the mustard.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Dolf said:

The bill only kicks in when 5,000 or more enter. Terrible legislation.

More misinformation (lies) from trump world. When will you cease this behaviour....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Quite obviously, neither can you. It's an infection picked up from your lying leader.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Dan747 said:

AGAIN: BIDEN stopped construction of Trump's southern border wall.

BIDEN stopped Trump's Remain in Mexico policy.

BIDEN is fighting the state of Texas's efforts to protect their border in the absence of Federal help.

The DEMOCRATS created the border crisis. Any statement to the contrary is gaslighting-as-usual.

The crisis at the border has been going on for decades. Neither party has fixed it. Blame lies with spineless politicians who care more about being reelected

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

There is now no difference between the two parties on border control. Both would control the border. Republicans and Trump need their fear and loathing talking point. It's clear that if this issue is resolved soon then the republicans can't scream "what about the border" during the SOTU. You get the picture.

Actually, I think there's also another ulterior motive underlying this. The border controls as proposed by Biden would stem the flow of illegal immigrants needed on farms etc and big money have reacted with alarm. The bill exposes the quiet part.

This election has become a choice of wanting Putin to win or lose. It's not about the border. That's just the shadow play mask.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, johng said:

Who are you claiming is insane ?  Biden was not prosecuted on the spurious claim that he might not be able to remember the events    but Trump is relentlessly prosecuted even though his opponents now claim he is mentally unfit to run for the presidency !!!

double standards anyone ???

Trump is mentally unfit to be president. Pretty much every one of his former cabinet members agree. Guaranteed they know him better than you or I.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/01/18/opinion/trump-cabinet-election-2024.html

These appointees didn’t start out opposed to Mr. Trump. Not only are they people whom Mr. Trump chose — he claimed he would hire the “best people” — they are people who thought Mr. Trump was worth working for. But many of them quickly became alarmed by Mr. Trump’s personality, temperament and policy aims.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, nauseus said:

And neither do you. Just as you don't know what he "guarded". All nonsense.

Why didn't he allow anyone else in the meeting? Never happened before. Perhaps discussing the pee pee tapes? :cheesy:

• Thumbs Up 1