Where's Waity Katey?

Now normally I couldn't give a flying fig for our incredibly expensive, incredibly mediocre royal family, but this latest gaff is as fascinating as it is hilarious. 

But it raises serious questions about in just how much contempt the royal household holds us plebs that it tries to palm off the population with a Photoshop so bad that a 5 year old would be embarrassed, to try to suggest that all is not a disaster in buck house. No wonder Harry wanted out of that toxic cesspit. 

News agencies recall image of Catherine, Princess of Wales, citing manipulation concerns

• Confused 5
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Looks like she fessed up and apologized.

I always thought she was one of the good 'uns.  But I'm a Yank.  What do I know?  Still... I think highly of her and the hubby.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/11/uk/kate-royal-photo-apology-gbr-intl/index.html

Genius! I think they need to sack the flunkie who released the photo in the first place, and give a massive pay rise to the one who thought up that explanation. I am genuinely impressed at their quick thinking!

58 minutes ago, transam said:

The OP, RR, is an anti-British Scot. Doesn't like the Monarchy or being governed from London, hence the thread.

He can't stop smouldering....:coffee1:

My republican sentiments aside, can you not admit that the soap opera is riveting? Should our betters be unquestionable?

Rumours are William is off with his significant other and wants out and there is an epic battle going on behind the scenes, but the heir is being protected so she is being thrown to the wolves. The best take I have read on it is this from the Buzz Feed royal reporter of 11 years standing now freelance who makes sense of the drama.

NiemanLab is an elite finishing school for talented journalists at Harvard. Nieman Fellows have collectively won 101 Pulitzer Prizes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nieman_Foundation_for_Journalism

“This is just weird”: BuzzFeed News’ former royals reporter on Kate Middleton, Palace PR, and distrust in the media

“I cannot emphasize enough how out of character it is that a royal press team went on the record in response to what is essentially gossip.”

https://www.niemanlab.org/2024/03/this-is-just-weird-buzzfeed-news-former-royals-reporter-on-kate-middleton-palace-press-and-distrust-in-the-media/

Edited by beautifulthailand99

14 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Riveting? For someone who doesn't give a flying fig?

Make up your mind.

Personally, if a Mum wants to edit a photo of her and her kids, why not?

If some people looking at the photo don't like it or think there is some hidden agenda, tough s%$t.

Indeed, I am baffled by my interest too. It's a bit like watching the Tories melt down - despite my disdain for them, I can't help but watch on with fascination as they make mistake after mistake. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Indeed, I am baffled by my interest too. It's a bit like watching the Tories melt down - despite my disdain for them, I can't help but watch on with fascination as they make mistake after mistake. 

A sad life.

Getting satisfaction by watching others in difficulty. Especially when involving family.

I guess you have your own issues and gloating at others makes you feel better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

The OP, RR, is an anti-British Scot. Doesn't like the Monarchy or being governed from London, hence the thread.

He can't stop smouldering....:coffee1:

And you've left the country but still want to opine from afar about how we have gone to the dogs - hence the bitterness ! :coffee1:

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

A sad life.

Getting satisfaction by watching others in difficulty. Especially when involving family.

I guess you have your own issues and gloating at others makes you feel better.

I make no apologies for enjoying both the royal family and the Tories in turmoil. 

Conversely, I don't take pleasure from regular people in torment. Unlike Tories and, I assume, the royal family.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps still a bit peeved about 1745... 

But this thread is not about me; it's about the apparent machinations of the UK royal family.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps still a bit peeved about 1745... 

But this thread is not about me; it's about the apparent machinations of the UK royal family.

Nope...   you've already been called out....   Too late to back pedal now, Jacobite...   :giggle: :hit-the-fan:

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope...   you've already been called out....   Too late to back pedal now, Jacobite...   :giggle: :hit-the-fan:

Jacobite? I laugh at the ridiculous concept of royalty of any hue, but your little England mentality seems to be strong.

Meanwhile, the UK royal family is falling apart at the seams. Let's hope that they continue to raise people's consciousness to their dysfunctionality. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I fail to see where this thread has any benefit to members either factually or entertainment wise. The thread appears to have been created for the sole purpose of bashing the British royal family from afar, which is neither interesting, entertaining nor beneficial. If I've got this wrong, please state your case asap, otherwise it will be closed.

• Thanks 1