Threat from contaminated fruit and vegetables from China part of a wider problem

webfact

28 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Big C is a huge seller of Chinese produce. You probably don't notice as there is nothing poor about the condition. Obviously, pesticides keep produce looking good - which is the point of using them. Pesticides don't ruin the taste.

Just your health... but hey.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I thought  imports of all fruit and vegetables ,not just from China 

has to have a health certificate from exporting country ,then given

a random check here at the port of entry, that  must not be happening   

regards worgeordie

And the 'health certificate' from the exporting country would be thoroughly reliable?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Yeah, on YouTube currently running is about the DONGSA power plant in Laos - check it out as it has reportedly polluted fields, mountains, waters, people in Northern Thailand.  From this program, they indicate that there are no restrictions in the construction of this kind of power plant using the dirtiest  coal available.   Mercury is the pollutant.  Can't argue with the facts from this program.  Scary and definitely changes my opinion about the mountains in the north.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

What are the import regulations for food in Thailand?

A “food importer” must obtain a license from the Food and Drug Administration in accordance with section 15 of the Food Act, B.E. 2522 (1979) which provides that “no one may import food for sale except receiving a license from the authority.

It's like Anything else  Money Talks  No Donations  ,Bad Service next time

Where does air pollution come from when the squeaky clean Thai farmers have a burn up?

Hardly angelic are they? If they could use anything to enhance sales they would. They just can't keep up with them.

Another example of being outdone by a nation that they can't compete with. China has flooded the worldwide market with cheaper goods that in turn make it affordable to purchase such goods. Without them the greedy bs worldwide would have a party.

Thailand wants the hand to feed them yet not take a bit for themselves. Not going to happen. The Chinese are no mugs. They knew exactly what they were getting from nations like Thailand. Too late to throw your toys out the pram now. 

Dear PM, we want you to tell China to stop selling goods cheaper than us....

As if he'll do anything.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

the Thai government’s trade and economic development policies over the last ten years

Remind me who was primarily in office during that time? Wasn't that party/person/entity taking over for the good of the Thai people? (Sarcasm) o like he scammed some millions of people, yet no military to chase him out of office.

• Like 1

If it was only the fruit and veggies from China that were potentially contaminated, it would be a different story. Practically all chinese cheap goods that come in via Shein or similar online webstores, have issues that can be a safety hazard.

Most Chinese Fruit i have tasted has no taste or flavour ,, looks good  but all bland ,,, so  a fail in my eyes.  Mind you USDA American beef has no flavour either ,,

• Confused 1