Immigration Collaborates with Airlines to Enhance Passenger Experience

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

emphasized the importance of providing convenience to travelers, particularly at Suvarnabhumi Airport, to leave a lasting impression

So far, it's been all negative 😡......

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Previously ranked 68th globally, the Prime Minister emphasized the importance of providing convenience to travelers, particularly at Suvarnabhumi Airport, to leave a lasting impression,

How novel...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There has to be a better way. For example on exit from the UK no one passes through an immigration desk. Whilst I have always wondered how overstayed are checked, it must satisfy the requirements of the UK immigration.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I do like seeing more "mitigation, partnership and collaboration" with PM Stettha Thavisin's government than ever seen during PM Prayut's government that was an engine of disorder.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Serat Thaweesin's announcement on March 1, 2025

huh?

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The airport that has left the most lasting impression on me is LAX, where twice in a row I spent two hours getting through immigration, One of those times they couldn't even get the airbridge to the plane for 30 minutes, even though we arrived on time.

I avoid LAX at all costs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

The problems getting out of Thailand are unbelievable. Strange really considering they don't want you here in the first place. 😂😅🤬

Last time I left I didn't use even the Express Old Farts/Business Class line as it was so backed up. They'd diverted people from one of the two exit routes as the other one was already overflowing. Total shambles.

2 hours ago, jimn said:

There has to be a better way. For example on exit from the UK no one passes through an immigration desk. Whilst I have always wondered how overstayed are checked, it must satisfy the requirements of the UK immigration.

I think it’s done at check-in. I noticed last time that my passport was scanned at the desk. Any overstayers then referred to Border Force maybe? 

• Agree 1

Let’s face it, they are not capable of running anything smoothly, let alone a huge airport . They do not have the ability,  double checking everything and everyone , bad technology, airport not designed for longer queues. They need to get the experts in, it’s not up to the airlines!! Imagine a western country asking the airlines to fix their immigration screw ups. 

14 hours ago, Srikcir said:

I do like seeing more "mitigation, partnership and collaboration" with PM Stettha Thavisin's government than ever seen during PM Prayut's government that was an engine of disorder.

huh?

Um, it's only words, just like the previous PM... words do nothing, these problems have been known for a long time, ... one day we might see some effective action, but I won't hold my breathe.

17 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The airport that has left the most lasting impression on me is LAX, where twice in a row I spent two hours getting through immigration, One of those times they couldn't even get the airbridge to the plane for 30 minutes, even though we arrived on time.

Agreed LAX was a scene of utter chaos when I took my Thai wife on holiday to US.  A far worse scenario takes place at my home airport of Manchester UK.  Arriving is no problem as I have a British passport.  (I'm taking my Thai GF this year so watch this space.)

The real problem is when leaving: my brother or daughter is charged 1 UKP per minute to say our goodbyes (aged 80+ maybe for the last time!)  Then comes the squalor; lack of seating and unbelievably rude Security officials strutting their machismo stuff.  I was harangued in broken English by a jumped-up Little Hitler for putting my bag on a conveyor belt without his permission.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Agreed LAX was a scene of utter chaos when I took my Thai wife on holiday to US.  A far worse scenario takes place at my home airport of Manchester UK.  Arriving is no problem as I have a British passport.  (I'm taking my Thai GF this year so watch this space.)

The real problem is when leaving: my brother or daughter is charged 1 UKP per minute to say our goodbyes (aged 80+ maybe for the last time!)  Then comes the squalor; lack of seating and unbelievably rude Security officials strutting their machismo stuff.  I was harangued in broken English by a jumped-up Little Hitler for putting my bag on a conveyor belt without his permission.

Pretty much the same experience every time I leave via Manchester.

I rate it worse than LHR,  due to the security staff,  just rude pigs,  in my book.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 2:37 PM, jimn said:

Its apples and oranges with Thailand haveing a much larger influx of foreigners.

The UK makes it very difficult for foreigners to enter the country in the first place and only issues around 2 million visitor visas a year. What checks that are carried out are done from Airline data. The visa waiver arrangement in place for some nationalities is quite different to the bilateral arrangement that Thailand has in place.

Anyone overstaying in UK for a short period is unlikely to see any repercussion until they try and re-enter. Long term overstayers probably just disappear into a bigger problem, join the list of iIllegals that have absconded.

The authorities of the United Kingdom demand as a requisite to entry and departure that all reservations with flights originating, ending or transiting through the United Kingdom include the following information:

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, geisha said:

Imagine a western country asking the airlines to fix their immigration screw ups. 

Obviously out of the question.

Western countries are not interested in fixing their immigration screw ups.

Airports however can be a bit more prudent.

"The latest forecasts indicate that even despite the amnesty, daily departing seats over the summer will average 104,000 -- giving a daily excess of 4,000 seats. On average only about 1,500 of these 4,000 daily seats have currently been sold to passengers, and so we are asking our airline partners to stop selling summer tickets to limit the impact on passengers."

https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-News/Airline-News/Heathrow-Airport-summer-passenger-cap

• Thumbs Up 1

been coming and going for 20 odd years, old airport and new, and can honestly say i've never had a problem with the airport or immigration. it's basically fit for purpose.

i don't particularly like the aesthetic or atmosphere of the place, to much concrete, chrome and metal, but that's subjective.

• Like 1

Just make entry and departure a quick and easy process. Not lots of paperwork and details of where you will be going and staying in country. Tie is with the international database for stopping known felons.

An example of an efficient airport would be Changi Singapore. Very efficient and very quick to pass through.

16 hours ago, it is what it is said:

been coming and going for 20 odd years, old airport and new, and can honestly say i've never had a problem with the airport or immigration. it's basically fit for purpose.

i don't particularly like the aesthetic or atmosphere of the place, to much concrete, chrome and metal, but that's subjective.

Quite. When it opened it was a vast improvement on DM, well apart from the 500 baht fiasco.