My girlfriend/wife is 35 years younger.......

18 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

If she's a looker ...some old boys get paranoid ...when a younger, wealthier, funnier guy like me starts chatting to them and you can see they want to trade up 😃

Funny in what way? Funny to look at?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There's a Thai saying, old cattle prefer young grass.

Contrary to the OP's opinion, it's possible to form a lasting relationship with someone much younger.

There are quite a few men in Australia who are saddled with women their age. The women have aged badly.

They are petrified at the prospect of a split, where the woman will take half the assets quite legally.

No one can tell me such a relationship is healthy.

But that has more to do with laws in the west.

If you marry a much younger girl in the west, there's a high chance she might abuse the system and dump you and take half you crap. 

1 hour ago, Carlotta said:

Because she loves his big belly so much? Or his wrinkles? Or his bad teeth? This woman has a financial interest and is playing her part.

Brad Pitt is nearly 60.  So he could go out with a 25 year old and be criticized by the OP.  Yeh, right mate, you should be so lucky.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Fourth post and you lead in with this! 

You gonna fit fine here . Welcome to the forum . 

Unless..... 

Maybe he is considering things, realizing there is a whole World full of women.  And much younger is an option.   Its only 16/17 years for us but I see the looks from Western  men with same age wives.  It happens  when we are USA or Thailand.  

And my teeth are just fine, and I dont think I stink or have bad breath more than I did 40 years ago   in fact we learn what our bodies need have plenty of time for personal hygiene.  And  also older men cook better, have mastered so many skills in life so life overall goes so much smoother.   For the woman its like living with a teacher of life.  And for a Thai woman married to an older Western man it's like a hyper jump

Edited by Elkski
  • Thumbs Up 1

You are ruining the woman's life , she likely to be  widow at 45 years old , past it and unable to reproduce and find another husband and no work experience and then will be banging felangs cheaply hoping one of them will marry her  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

close to the same age difference as you.

If I had to do it over again, I would chose a wife closer to my age, 

In general man die earlier than women, add to that the age difference.... 

The thought that one day , long before her, I will die and leave her alone disturbs me .

But it usually happens that the woman outlives the man if equal in age.   Seems like more options left for a 60 -70 yr old than a 80 year old widow.